+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    I don't think "sensible approach" and "splash the cash" are compatible. We don't have to throw money everywhere just because we have it, rather, spend it when neccessary to fill the gaps. A player's value (squad and importance wise) isn't determined by how much we pay for him.

I still believe that last summer we signed a few excellent players on paper but they aren't working out for some reason. Either because of the surroundings, tactics, whatever else. I had no doubts that Lasogga on his day is a lot better than Wood.

I think the only genuine mistake we have made was appointing Heckingbottom. No disrespect to the man, he is a part of Leeds now thus I support him till the very end but what the F? He is nowhere near good enough and I still have no idea what made Radrizzani think that he is the perfect man for the job. I can't see us progressing with him but I sure hope he proves me wrong.
    The "excellent players" being restricted to Saiz...........errrrrrr, that's it folks.

Forshaw wasn't a summer signing and I suspect the penny had dropped by the January transfer window that the "strategy" wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    I don't think "sensible approach" and "splash the cash" are compatible. We don't have to throw money everywhere just because we have it, rather, spend it when neccessary to fill the gaps. A player's value (squad and importance wise) isn't determined by how much we pay for him.

I still believe that last summer we signed a few excellent players on paper but they aren't working out for some reason. Either because of the surroundings, tactics, whatever else. I had no doubts that Lasogga on his day is a lot better than Wood.

I think the only genuine mistake we have made was appointing Heckingbottom. No disrespect to the man, he is a part of Leeds now thus I support him till the very end but what the F? He is nowhere near good enough and I still have no idea what made Radrizzani think that he is the perfect man for the job. I can't see us progressing with him but I sure hope he proves me wrong.
    So Heckingbottom is worse than Christiansen??

Excellent players "on paper". Too bad the game isn't being played on paper.

As for Heckingbottom, well, what do you think, is he better?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Or sign some crap from Barnsley, that will definitely be in the pipe line.
    Ok you can have Alex Mowatt back if you want.
    Whether Hecky will want to or be allowed to sign any of our players is doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Whether Hecky will want to or be allowed to sign any of our players is doubtful.
    I forgot about him signing Mowatt. He and Orta might have something in common then.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    There are probably Leeds fans who still think he is good. Slow, ponderous and can't pass. No thanks.

I posted this in another thread, but I think going forward we're not far off. If we can keep Saiz and Hernandez, Roberts turns out to be decent, Ekuban and Alioski keep improving (as I think they might), and Dallas is used in a more attacking role, then I think we've already got a competitive Championship attack. But behind that I'd say we need a lot of investment. Forshaw is obviously a decent midfielder, (defensively but also going forward), and Vieira could be given some decent coaching, (ditto, possibly, for Phillips, but there's a lot of work to do there), and behind them we've got Jansson and Ayling (although Ayling has his 'moments'). BPF obviously has potential but it would be a mistake to rely on him as our 1st choice keeper. Other than that I wouldn't class a single one of our current midfielders, defenders and GKs as good enough. So that's a GK, at least two CBs, at least two FBs and two DM/CMs if we are going to be a really strong competitive squad in the Championship next season. Quite a shopping list.
    Last edited by OldWhiteTaff; 11-03-2018 at 03:27 PM.

we have the bare bones of a squad , if it was a human being it would be laid on a mortuary slab .

relying on radrizaani and orta to give it the kiss of life , would be like trying to get a bacon sandwich at a jewish barmitzvah .

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Ideguchi -

Japan international Yosuke Ideguchi was loaned abroad immediately because FA rules prohibited him from gaining a work permit for the rest of the English 17/18 season.
    He had not made the requisite number of international appearances for Japan to meet the FA’s requirements.
    Leeds are confident he will secure a work permit for the 2018-19 campaign.

The J-League's busy campaign (season runs from March to Dec) was completed in 2017 so Leeds saw a European loan as a way of keeping Ideguchi 'active' during what should have been his 'rest period' and then start his pre season in Spain hence his recent first tentative appearance.
    After securing his services (fighting competition from others) for £500,000 on a four year contract up front .........negative reports 'bout him from Spain are bollux as he is simply not match fit at the 'mo .............. and he will be keen to board the World Cup squad plane to Russia after featuring in Japan's successful WC campaign fit & fresh after a busy 2017 year for him both on and off the pitch as he was a prominent figure 'pin up' boy PR wise for the J- League,so as a 20 year old in 2017 a hell of lot of expectation being placed on his shoulders in fairness Joel.

MOT
    We are in March now and he still isn't getting a game, it is not like he has been given 2 months off to rest, he has still been sat on their bench and training. There is a world cup coming up and if he had anything about him he'd be playing week in week out to get in top shape for Japans world cup journey. If he was going to not play he may as well have come to us and got used to his team mates/played with the u21s and a few bench appearances in our squad as his work permit was approved they just decided to send him to CL anyway.

Think people on here need to take stock and just look back to pre-season, Yes we made a good start but me personally it was more by luck, This bunch of players have done really well, Why?, Because just look how many changes were made from at the start of the season, Up**** cant say exactly how many but we virtually changed the whole team people are not giving the team time, We are Leeds and want a quick fix, Aint gona happen, Look back on this season and see how many changes have been made to the team each game to try get the right if you like formula, I for one with a few additions are already looking forward to next season with most of this squad staying together.Noone is more frustrated than me trust me but look at the bigger picture, Wolves have played the same starting 11 in most of their games but also have quality off the bench . Keep the faith instead of slagging off, I think Hecky IS the man to take us forward.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)