OK VFIP. You know that that person's comment wasn't representative of most outlooks on here! However, because there is increasing pressure, something has to give. Despite the likelihood that the board is following legal advice when it tries to keep its head down, there is clearly coming a time when they will have to 'do' something.
Personally, I would, publicly, invite the victims to receive an apology. This would not be an admission of 'guilt'.
Whatever they do, I can guarantee that the media, Guardian & Mail in particular, will NOT report it favourably, if at all, and further, they will not then take on the big clubs. In fact, they will continue to be cheerleaders for 'big money' while at the same time totally ignoring the bread and butter of the game.
Because of the above, I would rather not spend much more time discussing this topic. There are powers in control of the topic and the reason I get angry is my feeling of powerlessness in terms of not being able to affect the 'life' of the story.