+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just not good enough!

Just not good enough!

After yesterday's match I don't really know what to say, or more importantly, why we have ended in this awful mess. As the season has progressed I have put forward various theories as to why we haven't had more success and probably all of them valid in their own way. However, in the final analysis it probably comes down to the fact that we just aren't good enough. Nothing more, nothing less. If you put this together with the fact that our confidence is completely shot, you have the recipe for a complete disaster, which is what we have ended up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    After yesterday's match I don't really know what to say, or more importantly, why we have ended in this awful mess. As the season has progressed I have put forward various theories as to why we haven't had more success and probably all of them valid in their own way. However, in the final analysis it probably comes down to the fact that we just aren't good enough. Nothing more, nothing less. If you put this together with the fact that our confidence is completely shot, you have the recipe for a complete disaster, which is what we have ended up with!
    Indeed LB, worst squad of this PL run, wrong attitude, no confidence, bad backroom staff (eg recruitment departement), unsuccesful head coaches, and, opposed to last season, a good portion of bad luck in quite a few games - well, there is a recipe for disaster.

For reasons far beyond my control I could not watch yesterdays game, my son however watched it and said we could have and probably should have had three or four goals before Leicester scored all theirs.

Were we that unlucky? Or do we come back to the reality of the forwards are just crap finishers?

The plain hard truth is we don't deserve to be a Premier League club.

The way we operate, the way we constantly live life on a knife edge has come home to roost. We almost went down a few seasons ago and we should of as we were awful. We get in trouble, we bring in Hodgson, we get in trouble again we bring in Pulis, we get in trouble again and this time there is no Red Adare, just Alan Pardew. The only thing I can add in our defence is that the FA are partly answerable from 'raping' us of Hodgson and Ashworth, but even that is clutching at straws.

Yes, we've spent a few quid but look at some of the dross, Livermore, Anichibe, Chadli, Lambert, Samaras, Ideye, Lescott, Davidson, Sinclair, Rodriguez the list could go on and on. How many of these players' signatures were we competing for with other clubs? Example, were Southampton upset we took Rodriguez off them? No, course they weren't. Sick notes, has beens, never going to be's, idle buggers and talentless.

And don't even get me started on Alan Irvine! 😡

I honestly believe that the slippery slope started last season after we got to the required points tally to stay up.

Our football up until then hadn't been pretty but with some resolute defending and lady luck we kept our heads above water. The warnings signs were there for all to see, yet, during the summer we didnt spend any money we did have very wisely. Teams knew how we would set up and play and adjusted their game accordingly to take advantage.

I believe that the dismissal of Pulis was the right move as we were slipping further into the mire and he was doing nothing to halt that slide. Unfortunately, the appointment of a new manager, whoever had been chosen, was probably a poisoned chalice. We had only one way of playing and trying to get players to alter their playing style was always going to be difficult. Square pegs in round holes springs to mind.

Now, whether we dismiss Pardew or not,, we must have a complete shake up of the squad and start to get a better balance in the team. Yes, we have to have defensive type players but we also have to integrate players with some flair and pace into the squad to make us into the type of team that we were always recognised for being.

Once the fat lady has started to warble, I believe that we should start to integrate some of the younger element straight away so we can assess their capabilities with next season in mind. The team should have a blend of experience of the likes of Foster, Gibbs, Dawson etc allied with the youthful freshness of Burke, Field, Leko etc. Should the inevitable happen, then I believe that we have a good chance of rebounding back up fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post

The way we operate, the way we constantly live life on a knife edge has come home to roost. We almost went down a few seasons ago and we should of as we were awful. We get in trouble, we bring in Hodgson, we get in trouble again we bring in Pulis, we get in trouble again and this time there is no Red Adare, just Alan Pardew. The only thing I can add in our defence is that the FA are partly answerable from 'raping' us of Hodgson and Ashworth, but even that is clutching at straws.

Yes, we've spent a few quid but look at some of the dross, Livermore, Anichibe, Chadli, Lambert, Samaras, Ideye, Lescott, Davidson, Sinclair, Rodriguez the list could go on and on. How many of these players' signatures were we competing for with other clubs? Example, were Southampton upset we took Rodriguez off them? No, course they weren't. Sick notes, has beens, never going to be's, idle buggers and talentless.

And don't even get me started on Alan Irvine! ��

Nail on head.

Peace should have gone as soon as he had his money, that he stayed on for 12 months to "advise" how the club should be run tells you the Chinaman ain't got a clue.
    The appointment of Williams was awful. Now he has installed a hatchet man to get back some of his dosh.
    The appointment of Pardew and Lai's dithering in sacking him proves he has given us up as a football club and just wants his money.

Thanks Jeremy for finding us the right buyer as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Nail on head.

Peace should have gone as soon as he had his money, that he stayed on for 12 months to "advise" how the club should be run tells you the Chinaman ain't got a clue.
    The appointment of Williams was awful. Now he has installed a hatchet man to get back some of his dosh.
    The appointment of Pardew and Lai's dithering in sacking him proves he has given us up as a football club and just wants his money.

Thanks Jeremy for finding us the right buyer as promised.
    The only thing that brings me any pleasure is the thought of Lai s h I t t I n g his pants now he’s waking up to the reality.

That said.......if he’s struggling to make ends meet I’ll send him a free beverage!

Clueless little runt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post

And don't even get me started on Alan Irvine! ��
    TMJ - The perfect overview and in full agreement. We have totally screwed ourselves over and we deserve everything THAT IS coming our way. We were always PL pretenders and have got found out.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)