+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: these chimpo players of ours

these chimpo players of ours

a great result for us against southampton
    its a good job rafa listens to pboromag and has realised we are better attacking than defending

we were compact played up te field which stopped the big gaps in the middle
    the ball went forward all the time
    people were running forward instaed of chasing back

but the one thing all the ash haters and rafa lovers need to realise
    our players are not chimpo players

you can insukt them in your vigour to protect rafa
    but they have proved over these last 3-4 games when played in a positive roll they are a top 10 team

pity the manager is to stubborn to play to their strentgths
    these players wont go down as they are to good

lets just hope rafa swallows his pride and allows us to attack

It was a poor Southampton team but it just goes to show you that if you take advantage of opportunities in an offensive manner it not only builds confidence but also creates an atmosphere that is second to none.

Who doesn't want to hear roars like that when we're having a go with gusto and not half heartedly taking bit strides.
    Not the best game by a long way but a very effective game and one that throws stats out of the window if you're willing to do something with the possession you have or are afforded.

This team of ours are wolfpack workers. Teams cannot handle it when we close down like we do...but it's what we actually do when in possession which is the key to the quality of us and how we can show we are way better than any championship mindset of pundits.

Rafa needs to take heed of this and realise that taking teams to task with offensive pacey confidence, will reap us rewards in many ways, much more than we've been getting.

The feel good factor of the players, which was blatantly evident.
    The feel good factor of the fans who go into raptures and gee up the whole team.
    And finally a different perspective for Rafa to work from. He still has his careful moments but it shows what can be built on offensively if it's allowed to flow.

A massive confidence lift for all. Let's hope it continues to up the gear we all know it can be.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 11-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.

I’m glad we have a manager who understands that different tactics are needed when playing different quality opposition. Quite a lot of our squad are not good eough for the PL and, by definition are championship players - all capable of having a great game at PL level but many are too inconsistent and mistake prone.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I’m glad we have a manager who understands that different tactics are needed when playing different quality opposition. Quite a lot of our squad are not good eough for the PL and, by definition are championship players - all capable of having a great game at PL level but many are too inconsistent and mistake prone.
    They are clearly not championship players and if they are then Southampton are league one, if that's the way we need to debate it.
    This team/squad is capable of holding its own against all of the teams outside of the top 8 and even taking the fight to those in it, if lady luck and all things good, come together.

Not a hope in all hell are we a championship squad.
    We may have a few players in the squad that are not entirely premier league standard but that's a few in any squad you could argue.

The understanding of different tactics is basically not so when you take a look at what's he's done...but I won't bother arguing it.

A fantastic result and the team was set up to have a go so now you two don't get to complain.

nope and i wonder where we would be if he did it more often

i have said for months our players are top 10
    numpties on here say they are chimpo players
    nope we have a dinosaur for a manager

lets hope he will continue to swallowhis pride and admitt he has got it wrong for so long

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    nope and i wonder where we would be if he did it more often

i have said for months our players are top 10
    numpties on here say they are chimpo players
    nope we have a dinosaur for a manager

lets hope he will continue to swallowhis pride and admitt he has got it wrong for so long
    Our players are not Top 10 by any means, but I do think that they mostly do have the level for the Premier League, but they need the right management and they are getting that now which is why we're 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    A fantastic result and the team was set up to have a go so now you two don't get to complain.
    I'll decide what I decide. Not you.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'll decide what I decide. Not you.
    Well you and pboro.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Our players are not Top 10 by any means, but I do think that they mostly do have the level for the Premier League, but they need the right management and they are getting that now which is why we're 13th.
    He has no reason not to kick us on and comfortably seal this premier league status then.
    He either takes the plaudits as he can from here or he takes the blame if he doesn't push on.
    He's proved he can do it and he's proved the squad is there to see that it is done.

It's absolutely down to Rafa and nobody else from this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)