Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Dundee /Dens

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,728

    Dundee /Dens

    absolute shambles again yesterday
    no clue on or off the pitch
    absolutely no atmosphere generated from the culled derry or indeed anywhere within the ground
    said weeks and weeks ago this lot were in freefall and heading for the play offs,after that yesterday we may be lucky to escape auto relegation.
    WTF was the rammy all about at the end?

    absolute farce at the moment and if its not sorted we will go down

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,591
    Cant argue with any of that. They are in free fall, have been since the break. Going to Dens is awful and has been for most of this season. Manager doesn't appear to appreciate the fight that is needed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    546
    I always thought that mcann would avoid relegation or the play offs, but after yesterday I'm not so sure.
    Doesn't look like the players are playing for him anymore

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17,400
    That's the first game I've managed to get to this season.. every other time I've seen games has been on TV, internet and highlights.. that was ****ing brutal.. not one player came out of that with pass marks.. as for the play it out from the back tactics.. you have to have the quality and players willing to create space for the guy on the ball to have options to pass to.. that team has neither.. all that happened was Parish would give it to Jon.. he'd be closed down quick.. then it'd be panic stations.. either a suicide pass across the box or to Spence (when he was on) it would eventually end up being hoofed into nothingness where St Johnstone would pick it up.. to play the sort game McCann wants to play you need to vary the pace and have guys who can control the ball... I'd guess the quality of players we have, coupled with the conditions yesterday would have lent it to keeping it simple not fancying about at the back... McCann needs to stop over analysing and being a pundit and get into being a manager very soon... at the moment we have a leaky defence lacking in confidence.. a non existent midfield and a powderpuff isolated attack.. time to get back to basics and get battling.. my major worry is we seem to have a lot of players who are too easily out fought... you have to feel sorry for the young lad who made his debut yesterday.. wrong game to come on to..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,046
    NM may well not survive long...mistake imho for what it's worth....but I've little sympathy for our support....we have created what must be one of the worst atmospheres in the Scottish game ourselves.

    We let the whiners moanersrs and whingers away with murder.

    I wouldn't want to play at Dens if I was a player.....but that dosent excuse the lack of fight, bottle, lack of heart, lack of responsibility and lack of professionalism shown by players and management team yesterday.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    NM may well not survive long...mistake imho for what it's worth....but I've little sympathy for our support....we have created what must be one of the worst atmospheres in the Scottish game ourselves.

    We let the whiners moanersrs and whingers away with murder.

    I wouldn't want to play at Dens if I was a player.....but that dosent excuse the lack of fight, bottle, lack of heart, lack of responsibility and lack of professionalism shown by players and management team yesterday.
    What can we do about the 'whiners moaners and whingers' though? If you take them to task they say, quite rightly, that they are entitled to their opinion. If you get too aggressive it's you that's out and not them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,728
    the cure is to perform on the park and then all becomes rosey for a while
    dont think i heard much noise at all from any of the home ends,the club have ruined the derry atmosphere wise and thats a huge shame

    they seem hell bent in pisssin that fans off
    lets kettle the derry
    lets mak them q twice to get in
    ffnnn unbeliveable

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What can we do about the 'whiners moaners and whingers' though? If you take them to task they say, quite rightly, that they are entitled to their opinion. If you get too aggressive it's you that's out and not them.
    I've stopped giving a **** with some of these pricks Deeranged.

    Strangely they don't appreciate anybody heckling them.

    Your right not much anybody can do but I like them to know they are slowly strangling this club.

    We were ****e yesterday, fans have been ****e for years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I've stopped giving a **** with some of these pricks Deeranged.

    Strangely they don't appreciate anybody heckling them.

    Your right not much anybody can do but I like them to know they are slowly strangling this club.

    We were ****e yesterday, fans have been ****e for years.
    Rross think we need to be careful about starting a fight amongst ourselves about who is or who is not a good supporter. that's the kind of attitude that divides the club and makes it impossible for the players to suceed. WBA are a classic example just now where the fans are having a go at their owners and there is a good example not far from us or a similar sort of attitude.

    We need to get the Deefiant season mentality, IMO, and that seems to be possible if the manager and the BOD start to show some love for the fans.

    Shaded points out the attitude towards the SE on a regular basis. We've been over this many times and I am sure that the club's hands are tied by their operating licence.

    FWIW I agree that our support is pessimistic and negative towards the club and it ends up with the moaners being encouraged to voice their criticism. think that's why we have done a bit better away from home. The Dens negativity is missing and our players play a bit better. It seems that getting a much higher volume of pelters from opposition fans acts as an incentive where far fewer voices of abuse coming from our own fans acts as a massive downer.

    do the moaners realise that as Trevor Brooking said, the club can't play winning football if the supporters are moaning. If you can't support the team STAY AWAY! not a direct quote but the last bit about staying away was his parting shot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,591
    The guy in front of me , every week, when things start going wrong, always shouts for McCann to get a grip and get some useless **** off, which varies, and get El Bak on. Does my head in. But he turns up every week, cup games as well. Difficult argument about supporters. To get the Deefiant spirit would require battling on the park, which we don't show a lot of. I don't even think the expectation is that high, but the games against Ross County, that one on Saturday and some of other dross results this season have encouraged the real moaners.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,728
    Apathy is abound within dens,find a cure for that and things will feel/look and smell alot better
    a nice starting point would be a q+a with fans and board open to all fans,altho these types of meetings were more frequent than the number 26 into the town when the fps were trying to get control,the prospect of one nowadays seem scarcer than the proverbial hens teeth,
    i have in the past asked for one so happy to be proved wrong by the board,myb its time we the fans were informed what fps expect from US and what the fps think of what we expect.

    quite a few stalward dees that iv spoken to appear to be losing interest,wether thats financial or just the fare thats on offer or indeed a mixture of both.hand on heart iv heard staunch dees mention"if it wasna for having a season tkt i widna have went" now that doesna forebear to well for next season for future season book sales.

    the board need to address issues from all angles and very quickly,if they sit on their hands and dont listen then that will be stubborness beyond belief
    Last edited by shaded; 12-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Apathy is abound within dens,find a cure for that and things will feel/look and smell alot better
    a nice starting point would be a q+a with fans and board open to all fans,altho these types of meetings were more frequent than the number 26 into the town when the fps were trying to get control,the prospect of one nowadays seem scarcer than the proverbial hens teeth,
    i have in the past asked for one so happy to be proved wrong by the board,myb its time we the fans were informed what fps expect from US and what the fps think of what we expect.

    quite a few stalward dees that iv spoken to appear to be losing interest,wether thats financial or just the fare thats on offer or indeed a mixture of both.hand on heart iv heard staunch dees mention"if it wasna for having a season tkt i widna have went" now that doesna forebear to well for next season for future season book sales.

    the board need to address issues from all angles and very quickly,if they sit on their hands and dont listen then that will be stubborness beyond belief
    Great post Shaded. There must be a reason why the BOD think they are doing OK and the fans think that things are deteriorating. I wonder how much information is actually going to John Nelms. So often when things are going badly the messenger gets shot and I wonder if there is an unwillingness to give JN a few words about the genuine concerns that are being raised by the fans for the state of the the first team and the way there seems to be little or no response to them.

    There isn't an agenda, like you have seen across the road and we aren't agitating for a change of ownership. IMO all we really want is some way to revamp the SE, and hopefully get a change in the way NM wants to play the game. I think we would all admit that playing possession football, holding the ball and trying to draw out your opponents so that you have a chance to get in behind them is the current style being adopted by the top teams who have TOP PLAYERS. Even Celtic can do it effectively when they play in Scotland but they aren't good enough when it comes to playing against the stronger European teams. It's such a simple thing to understand. You can play like that if you have better players and it will win games a la Celtic. If you don't have better players then it is complete folly to try to play to that system.

    Someone needs to have a chat with NM and help him to face facts, see sense, and find a system that makes the best use of the players that we actually have. At other clubs that would be the chairman's job. At our club it seems that there just isn't anybody who can even ask the question.

    I would hope that part of the job in running a football club included keeping an eye on what social media is saying. It's important for every other type of business so why does football think it isn't necessary. Nobody wants to run the club, they just want to see some changes made which seem to be fairly obvious to the fans. If the changes being proposed are flawed then why not say so and explain why the current set of actions is correct?
    Last edited by BCram; 12-03-2018 at 03:29 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,046
    Our support at the moment is ****e and soft soaping around these belters that come to Dens in done with to be honest.

    We will get in bother come out for some rallying call, possibly escape, declare ourselves great fans then go back to type for another ten years.

    I can't honestly say we have any more supportive fans than any club in the top league.

    I think we have the worst with very little interaction between the team and the support.

    You can look for scapegoats and reasons but i suggest a mirror for a large chunks of the mainly elderly moaners.

    A support is meant to support ours dosent unless silence counts as support.

    The Dee support used to be hard to please but electric when we got it right.

    We have retained the first element but lost the 2nd years ago.

    I can't ever see it coming back.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Our support at the moment is ****e and soft soaping around these belters that come to Dens in done with to be honest.

    We will get in bother come out for some rallying call, possibly escape, declare ourselves great fans then go back to type for another ten years.

    I can't honestly say we have any more supportive fans than any club in the top league.

    I think we have the worst with very little interaction between the team and the support.

    You can look for scapegoats and reasons but i suggest a mirror for a large chunks of the mainly elderly moaners.

    A support is meant to support ours dosent unless silence counts as support.

    The Dee support used to be hard to please but electric when we got it right.

    We have retained the first element but lost the 2nd years ago.

    I can't ever see it coming back.
    The support isnít great, but we start every match slowly, usually give away a poor goal, and then meakly surrender. Our style of play, taking unnecessary risks, just gets the fans on edge, and creates a ****e atmosphere. Iíve always thought that we should occupy the Shsnkly instead of Cox, as that would bring our supporters closer together and hopefully create a better atmosphere. At the end of the day, we have had nearly 2 seasons of watching ****e, with only 9 home league wins.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,046
    Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    The support isnít great, but we start every match slowly, usually give away a poor goal, and then meakly surrender. Our style of play, taking unnecessary risks, just gets the fans on edge, and creates a ****e atmosphere. Iíve always thought that we should occupy the Shsnkly instead of Cox, as that would bring our supporters closer together and hopefully create a better atmosphere. At the end of the day, we have had nearly 2 seasons of watching ****e, with only 9 home league wins.
    I suggest that every season but it's apparently 10 degrees colder down that end and the sun shines in your eyes once every couple of years.

    Good luck though.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,728
    rros when was the last time you were up and oot yir seat at dens?after a nice move on the park?
    me i cani mind in all honesty,
    the days o me hinging over the derry wall and trying to put aff oposition players has gone,but getting my erse oot my seat after a good move arn't,sad to say however those events dina happen too often over the last 2 seasons,and thats no oor fault

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Our support at the moment is ****e and soft soaping around these belters that come to Dens in done with to be honest.

    We will get in bother come out for some rallying call, possibly escape, declare ourselves great fans then go back to type for another ten years.

    I can't honestly say we have any more supportive fans than any club in the top league.

    I think we have the worst with very little interaction between the team and the support.

    You can look for scapegoats and reasons but i suggest a mirror for a large chunks of the mainly elderly moaners.

    A support is meant to support ours dosent unless silence counts as support.

    The Dee support used to be hard to please but electric when we got it right.

    We have retained the first element but lost the 2nd years ago.

    I can't ever see it coming back.
    Hope you are being, uncharacteristically, pessimistic RRoss. Think we should have a campaign on here, to get everyone to go to the SE for the Hearts game. Get the tickets early, swallow the queuing twice issue and the 12.30pm Sunday start and just decide to turn up and get behind the team. Have not been there for a long time but I remember the game against Hearts which was the first one when we had gone into administration for the first time, I think. great atmosphere, absolutely everyone was right behind the team, and right on top of the opposition.

    Need pals to decide to go along together and get behind the team. I have ignored your ageist dig because it seemed to me to be a bit of banter. Completely agree that the silence is intimidating to our own team.

    Hopefully NM will get the message that playing tippy tappy stuff with the players we have on the park is not the way to progress with this set of players. we can spend the next 4 games concentrating on getting a settled defence. Just imagine what a couple of no score draws would do for team morale. Park the bus, everyone behind the ball, get the midfield and the forwards to press the ball as quickly as possible and give Murray some passes to run on to.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,046
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    rros when was the last time you were up and oot yir seat at dens?after a nice move on the park?
    me i cani mind in all honesty,
    the days o me hinging over the derry wall and trying to put aff oposition players has gone,but getting my erse oot my seat after a good move arn't,sad to say however those events dina happen too often over the last 2 seasons,and thats no oor fault
    Most of the time, I'm quite a loud supporter and my voice can carry to the moon at times.

    Partick game I enjoyed, rangers game, both derbies, admire Kamara skill every game, enjoy in a different way the rabid dog attitude of McGowan, loved Waddell scoring his first goals, appreciated Scott allans fleeting moments of great vision, Hendry I thoroughly enjoyed....I cud go on...I like Neil mccann....can't help but like the man....and em oot my seat defending Moussa most games.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,046
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Hope you are being, uncharacteristically, pessimistic RRoss. Think we should have a campaign on here, to get everyone to go to the SE for the Hearts game. Get the tickets early, swallow the queuing twice issue and the 12.30pm Sunday start and just decide to turn up and get behind the team. Have not been there for a long time but I remember the game against Hearts which was the first one when we had gone into administration for the first time, I think. great atmosphere, absolutely everyone was right behind the team, and right on top of the opposition.

    Need pals to decide to go along together and get behind the team. I have ignored your ageist dig because it seemed to me to be a bit of banter. Completely agree that the silence is intimidating to our own team.

    Hopefully NM will get the message that playing tippy tappy stuff with the players we have on the park is not the way to progress with this set of players. we can spend the next 4 games concentrating on getting a settled defence. Just imagine what a couple of no score draws would do for team morale. Park the bus, everyone behind the ball, get the midfield and the forwards to press the ball as quickly as possible and give Murray some passes to run on to.
    I'm not I'm serious about our support.....not near good enough....bit like the team at the moment.....the young boys in the Derry try but are generally drowned out by the moaning.

    Derry was a sanctuary from this year's ago but at times it's as bad as other parts of the ground now.

    Oh and I don't believe club's hands are tied 're Derry as I've stated in the past.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,046
    Just a wee add on.

    Sitting on a plane Sunday next to Motherwell fan, roughly same age as me, season tic holder.

    General chit chat and one of his comments to me on Sunday was " dundees crowd used to be really up for it and hostile but I couldn't watch fitba there it's ****ing sterile now"

    He watches Mwell ffs with slightly smaller crowds but significantly better atmosphere and in his words "well get really good backing now"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •