+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee /Dens

Dundee /Dens

absolute shambles again yesterday
    no clue on or off the pitch
    absolutely no atmosphere generated from the culled derry or indeed anywhere within the ground
    said weeks and weeks ago this lot were in freefall and heading for the play offs,after that yesterday we may be lucky to escape auto relegation.
    WTF was the rammy all about at the end?

absolute farce at the moment and if its not sorted we will go down

Cant argue with any of that. They are in free fall, have been since the break. Going to Dens is awful and has been for most of this season. Manager doesn't appear to appreciate the fight that is needed.

I always thought that mcann would avoid relegation or the play offs, but after yesterday I'm not so sure.
    Doesn't look like the players are playing for him anymore

That's the first game I've managed to get to this season.. every other time I've seen games has been on TV, internet and highlights.. that was ****ing brutal.. not one player came out of that with pass marks.. as for the play it out from the back tactics.. you have to have the quality and players willing to create space for the guy on the ball to have options to pass to.. that team has neither.. all that happened was Parish would give it to Jon.. he'd be closed down quick.. then it'd be panic stations.. either a suicide pass across the box or to Spence (when he was on) it would eventually end up being hoofed into nothingness where St Johnstone would pick it up.. to play the sort game McCann wants to play you need to vary the pace and have guys who can control the ball... I'd guess the quality of players we have, coupled with the conditions yesterday would have lent it to keeping it simple not fancying about at the back... McCann needs to stop over analysing and being a pundit and get into being a manager very soon... at the moment we have a leaky defence lacking in confidence.. a non existent midfield and a powderpuff isolated attack.. time to get back to basics and get battling.. my major worry is we seem to have a lot of players who are too easily out fought... you have to feel sorry for the young lad who made his debut yesterday.. wrong game to come on to..

NM may well not survive long...mistake imho for what it's worth....but I've little sympathy for our support....we have created what must be one of the worst atmospheres in the Scottish game ourselves.

We let the whiners moanersrs and whingers away with murder.

I wouldn't want to play at Dens if I was a player.....but that dosent excuse the lack of fight, bottle, lack of heart, lack of responsibility and lack of professionalism shown by players and management team yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    NM may well not survive long...mistake imho for what it's worth....but I've little sympathy for our support....we have created what must be one of the worst atmospheres in the Scottish game ourselves.

We let the whiners moanersrs and whingers away with murder.

I wouldn't want to play at Dens if I was a player.....but that dosent excuse the lack of fight, bottle, lack of heart, lack of responsibility and lack of professionalism shown by players and management team yesterday.
    What can we do about the 'whiners moaners and whingers' though? If you take them to task they say, quite rightly, that they are entitled to their opinion. If you get too aggressive it's you that's out and not them.

the cure is to perform on the park and then all becomes rosey for a while
    dont think i heard much noise at all from any of the home ends,the club have ruined the derry atmosphere wise and thats a huge shame

they seem hell bent in pisssin that fans off
    lets kettle the derry
    lets mak them q twice to get in
    ffnnn unbeliveable

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What can we do about the 'whiners moaners and whingers' though? If you take them to task they say, quite rightly, that they are entitled to their opinion. If you get too aggressive it's you that's out and not them.
    I've stopped giving a **** with some of these pricks Deeranged.

Strangely they don't appreciate anybody heckling them.

Your right not much anybody can do but I like them to know they are slowly strangling this club.

We were ****e yesterday, fans have been ****e for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I've stopped giving a **** with some of these pricks Deeranged.

Strangely they don't appreciate anybody heckling them.

Your right not much anybody can do but I like them to know they are slowly strangling this club.

We were ****e yesterday, fans have been ****e for years.
    Rross think we need to be careful about starting a fight amongst ourselves about who is or who is not a good supporter. that's the kind of attitude that divides the club and makes it impossible for the players to suceed. WBA are a classic example just now where the fans are having a go at their owners and there is a good example not far from us or a similar sort of attitude.

We need to get the Deefiant season mentality, IMO, and that seems to be possible if the manager and the BOD start to show some love for the fans.

Shaded points out the attitude towards the SE on a regular basis. We've been over this many times and I am sure that the club's hands are tied by their operating licence.

FWIW I agree that our support is pessimistic and negative towards the club and it ends up with the moaners being encouraged to voice their criticism. think that's why we have done a bit better away from home. The Dens negativity is missing and our players play a bit better. It seems that getting a much higher volume of pelters from opposition fans acts as an incentive where far fewer voices of abuse coming from our own fans acts as a massive downer.

do the moaners realise that as Trevor Brooking said, the club can't play winning football if the supporters are moaning. If you can't support the team STAY AWAY! not a direct quote but the last bit about staying away was his parting shot.

The guy in front of me , every week, when things start going wrong, always shouts for McCann to get a grip and get some useless **** off, which varies, and get El Bak on. Does my head in. But he turns up every week, cup games as well. Difficult argument about supporters. To get the Deefiant spirit would require battling on the park, which we don't show a lot of. I don't even think the expectation is that high, but the games against Ross County, that one on Saturday and some of other dross results this season have encouraged the real moaners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)