+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee /Dens

Apathy is abound within dens,find a cure for that and things will feel/look and smell alot better
    a nice starting point would be a q+a with fans and board open to all fans,altho these types of meetings were more frequent than the number 26 into the town when the fps were trying to get control,the prospect of one nowadays seem scarcer than the proverbial hens teeth,
    i have in the past asked for one so happy to be proved wrong by the board,myb its time we the fans were informed what fps expect from US and what the fps think of what we expect.

quite a few stalward dees that iv spoken to appear to be losing interest,wether thats financial or just the fare thats on offer or indeed a mixture of both.hand on heart iv heard staunch dees mention"if it wasna for having a season tkt i widna have went" now that doesna forebear to well for next season for future season book sales.

the board need to address issues from all angles and very quickly,if they sit on their hands and dont listen then that will be stubborness beyond belief
    Last edited by shaded; 12-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Apathy is abound within dens,find a cure for that and things will feel/look and smell alot better
    a nice starting point would be a q+a with fans and board open to all fans,altho these types of meetings were more frequent than the number 26 into the town when the fps were trying to get control,the prospect of one nowadays seem scarcer than the proverbial hens teeth,
    i have in the past asked for one so happy to be proved wrong by the board,myb its time we the fans were informed what fps expect from US and what the fps think of what we expect.

quite a few stalward dees that iv spoken to appear to be losing interest,wether thats financial or just the fare thats on offer or indeed a mixture of both.hand on heart iv heard staunch dees mention"if it wasna for having a season tkt i widna have went" now that doesna forebear to well for next season for future season book sales.

the board need to address issues from all angles and very quickly,if they sit on their hands and dont listen then that will be stubborness beyond belief
    Great post Shaded. There must be a reason why the BOD think they are doing OK and the fans think that things are deteriorating. I wonder how much information is actually going to John Nelms. So often when things are going badly the messenger gets shot and I wonder if there is an unwillingness to give JN a few words about the genuine concerns that are being raised by the fans for the state of the the first team and the way there seems to be little or no response to them.

There isn't an agenda, like you have seen across the road and we aren't agitating for a change of ownership. IMO all we really want is some way to revamp the SE, and hopefully get a change in the way NM wants to play the game. I think we would all admit that playing possession football, holding the ball and trying to draw out your opponents so that you have a chance to get in behind them is the current style being adopted by the top teams who have TOP PLAYERS. Even Celtic can do it effectively when they play in Scotland but they aren't good enough when it comes to playing against the stronger European teams. It's such a simple thing to understand. You can play like that if you have better players and it will win games a la Celtic. If you don't have better players then it is complete folly to try to play to that system.

Someone needs to have a chat with NM and help him to face facts, see sense, and find a system that makes the best use of the players that we actually have. At other clubs that would be the chairman's job. At our club it seems that there just isn't anybody who can even ask the question.

I would hope that part of the job in running a football club included keeping an eye on what social media is saying. It's important for every other type of business so why does football think it isn't necessary. Nobody wants to run the club, they just want to see some changes made which seem to be fairly obvious to the fans. If the changes being proposed are flawed then why not say so and explain why the current set of actions is correct?
    Last edited by BCram; 12-03-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Our support at the moment is ****e and soft soaping around these belters that come to Dens in done with to be honest.

We will get in bother come out for some rallying call, possibly escape, declare ourselves great fans then go back to type for another ten years.

I can't honestly say we have any more supportive fans than any club in the top league.

I think we have the worst with very little interaction between the team and the support.

You can look for scapegoats and reasons but i suggest a mirror for a large chunks of the mainly elderly moaners.

A support is meant to support ours dosent unless silence counts as support.

The Dee support used to be hard to please but electric when we got it right.

We have retained the first element but lost the 2nd years ago.

I can't ever see it coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Our support at the moment is ****e and soft soaping around these belters that come to Dens in done with to be honest.

We will get in bother come out for some rallying call, possibly escape, declare ourselves great fans then go back to type for another ten years.

I can't honestly say we have any more supportive fans than any club in the top league.

I think we have the worst with very little interaction between the team and the support.

You can look for scapegoats and reasons but i suggest a mirror for a large chunks of the mainly elderly moaners.

The support isn’t great, but we start every match slowly, usually give away a poor goal, and then meakly surrender. Our style of play, taking unnecessary risks, just gets the fans on edge, and creates a ****e atmosphere. I’ve always thought that we should occupy the Shsnkly instead of Cox, as that would bring our supporters closer together and hopefully create a better atmosphere. At the end of the day, we have had nearly 2 seasons of watching ****e, with only 9 home league wins.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    The support isn’t great, but we start every match slowly, usually give away a poor goal, and then meakly surrender. Our style of play, taking unnecessary risks, just gets the fans on edge, and creates a ****e atmosphere. I’ve always thought that we should occupy the Shsnkly instead of Cox, as that would bring our supporters closer together and hopefully create a better atmosphere. At the end of the day, we have had nearly 2 seasons of watching ****e, with only 9 home league wins.
    I suggest that every season but it's apparently 10 degrees colder down that end and the sun shines in your eyes once every couple of years.

Good luck though.

rros when was the last time you were up and oot yir seat at dens?after a nice move on the park?
    me i cani mind in all honesty,
    the days o me hinging over the derry wall and trying to put aff oposition players has gone,but getting my erse oot my seat after a good move arn't,sad to say however those events dina happen too often over the last 2 seasons,and thats no oor fault

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Hope you are being, uncharacteristically, pessimistic RRoss. Think we should have a campaign on here, to get everyone to go to the SE for the Hearts game. Get the tickets early, swallow the queuing twice issue and the 12.30pm Sunday start and just decide to turn up and get behind the team. Have not been there for a long time but I remember the game against Hearts which was the first one when we had gone into administration for the first time, I think. great atmosphere, absolutely everyone was right behind the team, and right on top of the opposition.

Need pals to decide to go along together and get behind the team. I have ignored your ageist dig because it seemed to me to be a bit of banter. Completely agree that the silence is intimidating to our own team.

Hopefully NM will get the message that playing tippy tappy stuff with the players we have on the park is not the way to progress with this set of players. we can spend the next 4 games concentrating on getting a settled defence. Just imagine what a couple of no score draws would do for team morale. Park the bus, everyone behind the ball, get the midfield and the forwards to press the ball as quickly as possible and give Murray some passes to run on to.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    rros when was the last time you were up and oot yir seat at dens?after a nice move on the park?
    me i cani mind in all honesty,
    the days o me hinging over the derry wall and trying to put aff oposition players has gone,but getting my erse oot my seat after a good move arn't,sad to say however those events dina happen too often over the last 2 seasons,and thats no oor fault
    Most of the time, I'm quite a loud supporter and my voice can carry to the moon at times.

Partick game I enjoyed, rangers game, both derbies, admire Kamara skill every game, enjoy in a different way the rabid dog attitude of McGowan, loved Waddell scoring his first goals, appreciated Scott allans fleeting moments of great vision, Hendry I thoroughly enjoyed....I cud go on...I like Neil mccann....can't help but like the man....and em oot my seat defending Moussa most games.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Hope you are being, uncharacteristically, pessimistic RRoss. Think we should have a campaign on here, to get everyone to go to the SE for the Hearts game. Get the tickets early, swallow the queuing twice issue and the 12.30pm Sunday start and just decide to turn up and get behind the team. Have not been there for a long time but I remember the game against Hearts which was the first one when we had gone into administration for the first time, I think. great atmosphere, absolutely everyone was right behind the team, and right on top of the opposition.

Need pals to decide to go along together and get behind the team. I have ignored your ageist dig because it seemed to me to be a bit of banter. Completely agree that the silence is intimidating to our own team.

Hopefully NM will get the message that playing tippy tappy stuff with the players we have on the park is not the way to progress with this set of players. we can spend the next 4 games concentrating on getting a settled defence. Just imagine what a couple of no score draws would do for team morale. Park the bus, everyone behind the ball, get the midfield and the forwards to press the ball as quickly as possible and give Murray some passes to run on to.
    I'm not I'm serious about our support.....not near good enough....bit like the team at the moment.....the young boys in the Derry try but are generally drowned out by the moaning.

Derry was a sanctuary from this year's ago but at times it's as bad as other parts of the ground now.

Oh and I don't believe club's hands are tied 're Derry as I've stated in the past.

Just a wee add on.

Sitting on a plane Sunday next to Motherwell fan, roughly same age as me, season tic holder.

General chit chat and one of his comments to me on Sunday was " dundees crowd used to be really up for it and hostile but I couldn't watch fitba there it's ****ing sterile now"

He watches Mwell ffs with slightly smaller crowds but significantly better atmosphere and in his words "well get really good backing now"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)