+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It' not over yet

It' not over yet

A few weeks ago the championship and leagues one and two looked cut and dry for the teams at the top who seemed to be cruising to the title. Now Wolves, Wigan and Luton are looking quite vulnerable.
    We looked to be dropping away but now after a very good weekend we are back in the race for automatics, it just goes to show how true the old football saying ''it's a marathon not a sprint'' is.

Massive game on Saturday,the Stags have wobbles a bit lately,but can we capitalise?

We’ve got a stiff test over our next 5 games. Mansfield (h), Chesterfield (a), Wycombe (h), Accrington (a) and Coventry (h).

If we come through those games without any major mishaps, automatic promotion could be in our own hands.

Exeter have arguably the easiest run-in and with games in hand could be a threat.

The fat lady hasn't started to sing yet.

It's a marathon not a snickers

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Massive game on Saturday,the Stags have wobbles a bit lately,but can we capitalise?
    Surprised at the lack of hype for this fixture. Hardy said on Twitter he was hoping for 12,500 but I would have thought we could have more if they bigged it up a bit.

As I said a while back there will be many twist and turns. Who would have thought a few weeks ago Accrington would be top of the league after Luton started to pull away after they took top spot from us? Then the departure of Steve Evans from Mansfield and David Flitcroft leaving Swindon to go to Mansfield.

With nine games remaining there will be plenty more twist and turns as well before the end. I’m keeping an eye on the likes of Carlisle who I think will sneak into the playoffs at the expense of someone. Then there is Exeter with their games in hand which if they hit form could propel them into automatic promotion places or they could be deterimental to them.

It’s going to go right down to the last day I think for it to all be sorted out. Isn’t that refreshing rather than a relegation scrap.

As for ourselves, well we’ve got four massive home games Mansfield, Wycombe, Coventry and Luton. Then Accrington away.

But let’s not forget the lower key games against Chesterfield, Grimsby, Colchester and Yeovil. How we perform in these games will be just as important.

Let the great escape from league two to league one begin.

Good old Notts police making it a 1 o clock kick off and thus saving me 20 quid. Can’t blame em, Notts v Mansfield is up there with Boca v River Plate as one of the most bitterest rivalries in world football.

I hope we batter em.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Good old Notts police making it a 1 o clock kick off and thus saving me 20 quid. Can’t blame em, Notts v Mansfield is up there with Boca v River Plate as one of the most bitterest rivalries in world football.

I hope we batter em.
    Strange decision when Forest v Derby (with around 5 times the fanbase) are allowed to kick off at 2:30. It looks like the police make their decision with safety as a priority until they realise that Sky hold the real power, then they back down!

They can't let health & safety get in the way of money

[QUOTE=BigFatPie;38825579]Good old Notts police making it a 1 o clock kick off and thus saving me 20 quid. Can’t blame em, Notts v Mansfield is up there with Boca v River Plate as one of the most bitterest rivalries in world football.

Perhaps having a 1pm kick off means lots of 'overtime pay' for any officers due off duty at 2pm as they cannot 'clock off' halfway through the match - probably rubbish, just me being very cynical as per usual