+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ot another Asian pedophile ring

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Northumbria police arrested people in Newcastle for criticising grooming gangs on Facebook.

According to an independent study, at least 3,395 people were arrested in 2017 over potentially "offensive online comments" by British police.
    I completely agree that the people who are primarily responsible for any offending are the offenders. I was merely pointing out that the poor response of the police and local authorities to this type of offending was based not upon any consideration of race or religion, but was, instead, based upon a failure to recognise abuse for what it is and a willingness to blame the victims, because of a disapproval of what they saw as risky behaviour upon their part.

Where I think that our views would diverge is in respect of the notion that offending of this type ‘is found to be acceptable behaviour in the offenders communities or countries of origin’. I don’t think there is any evidence of that being the case. I have had dealings with numerous *****philes – too many to count -including members of ‘rings’ and would say that the common factor is that children are abused when adults have contact and a degree of power over them. Indeed, it extends beyond the abuse of children, I think the recent revelations about the behaviour of some aid workers shows that people are abused whenever other people have power over them.

Your profession lost all credibility when you accepted that "a hate crime is anything someone perceives to be a hate crime" nonsense.

Legalised thought crime.
    You don't know what my profession is, but if you are talking about lawyers, do you think they have any control over how crimes are recorded?

if they did have any control, why would they care? How a crime is recorded has no bearing upon how it is dealt with in court.

Thinking about something is not a crime known to English law. A person has to do more than think to commit a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    So you made up the arrests (but brush that to one side) and now you're making up what they were told. Care to concoct something about what their, no doubt reasonable, "criticisms of grooming" were?
    Last year alone over 3,000 people were arrested for Facebook and Twitter posts and the like.

We I think it's fair to criticise the police and social services for inaction and the usually vocal Muslim Community for their complete silence.

So they weren't arrested they were just told to shut up and be quiet and don't mention the "M" word or they would be arrested.

That's totally fine then, nothing authoritarian about that.
    Look at how little regard you have for facts. It should be embarrassing if you had any self awareness. Police discussing the contents of some Facebook posts with individuals - the content of which you have a absoloutely no idea of - and you imply its authoriatrian and casually brush it off as near equilivent to your original claim that people got arrested.

It's all there in black and white, the founding articles, their logo.

Why did the EU keep this "Eurabia" project secret do you think?
    Go on then... copy and paste some of this black and white.

You can't, it's not there. you just don't have a clue how to differentiate fact from fiction, its really rather sad, many children have better critical thinking skills.

Last year alone over 3,000 people were arrested for Facebook and Twitter posts and the like.

We I think it's fair to criticise the police and social services for inaction and the usually vocal Muslim Community for their complete silence.
    Are you suggesting that there were 3000 arrests for criticising Muslims? What's your source for that? If it’s a global figure, I rather suspect that a lot of those arrests will be for threats and harassment arising in the context of ‘stalking’ or the breakdown of relationships. I assume you don’t think that should be tolerated?

I think that GF's relationship with reality has broken down
    Last edited by mikemiller; 12-03-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Half of the people arrested were not prosecuted. It may be that they should not have been arrested in the first place. It may be that the police have been over-zealous. It may be that more should have been charged. We don't know because we don't know what was posted.

It is fair to criticise the police for inaction in the grooming scandal because there is evidence of the inaction.

It is not fair to criticise the police for action taken when we don't know the nature of the posts made.
    It is certainly not fair to misrepresent police action in order to criticise them. You don't seem to get that.

See above
    Last edited by mikemiller; 12-03-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You don't know what my profession is, but if you are talking about lawyers, do you think they have any control over how crimes are recorded?

if they did have any control, why would they care? How a crime is recorded has no bearing upon how it is dealt with in court.

Thinking about something is not a crime known to English law. A person has to do more than think to commit a crime.
    Yes but the law presumes to know what's going on inside of someone's head.

And something does not become a crime if some"perceives" it to be a crime, or shouldn't do anyway.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast