+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ot another Asian pedophile ring

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It is in the heads of those arguing for recognition that this problem exists. How can a ballanced debate continue when if this point is brought into it when it is met with so much anger?
    There were certainly failings with how the authorities handled this before it became a news story. Nobody is disputing that.

Where comments like great fire's go too far is they imply ongoing conspiracies, such as Muslims being given more lenient sentences, which are not substantiated by anything even resembling a fact.

People can seek recognition for any problem they like... they just need to be reasoned arguements rather than politicised factless vitriol. It is the latter that gets pulled up on here.

Yep agree John. Always thought gf needs taking to task on here by the mods when he is not properly backing up his arguments from reasonable sources. Quoting nutty right wing conspiracy theorists to back up your view points hardly carries any weight in an argument does it?It is not as though gf denies that he is using stuff from these kinds of sources. Can you have a word with him Frog. Something on the lines of: You are entitled to your opinion but back it up with bona fida sources in future. It is just as irritating to posters on here as the stuff gwru put out more so in my opinion. Do we really have to tolerate the quoted views from KKK type sources on here? What would a muslim think to the kind of stuff he quotes if he/ she read them?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-03-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Well, great fire's first comments on the subject were "Muslims are treated with kid gloves and in fact in many cases even get softer sentences than non-Muslims."
    One of the Telford ringleader was given 22 years but was then let out after 5.

Here we go yet again...
    The original sentence was actually 14 years in custody followed by 8 years on licence (source -Shropshire Star website) - can you actually read properly? or report information in anything like an accurate way?
    Note - Shropshire Star is a local newspaper in relation to the case and a reliable source - not Twitter, not Squawker, not Bratwurst (or whatever that site for ultra right wing nutters is called, that you lift material from)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-03-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Here we go yet again...
    The original sentence was actually 14 years in custody followed by 8 years on licence (source -Shropshire Star website) - can you actually read properly? or report information in anything like an accurate way?
    Note - Shropshire Star is a local newspaper in relation to the case and a reliable source - not Twitter, not Squawker, not Bratwurst (or whatever that site for ultra right wing nutters is called, that you lift material from)
    So five years is fair then for multiple child rapes?

Should have got life, meaning life.

I'm guessing you've got no children.
    Last edited by great_fire; 15-03-2018 at 07:29 PM.

The point is you are exaggerating your facts to get your points across. You are just sensationalising things. All we ask is just tell the truth and quote stuff which is reliable otherwise what you say is meaningless. If you have to rely on untruths on and weak arguments all the time how are people going to trust or believe what you are saying?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-03-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    So five years is fair then for multiple child rapes?

Should have got life.
    GF, a quick google search along the lines of 'peadophile released early' or 'rapist released early' will reveal lots of news reports of many *** offenders receiving early release, most of whom are white British. Why do you focus so intently on this one?

And for the record, I am angry about these criminal gangs and the local authorities that in many cases allowed them to happen for so long. I want these to be fully investigated and all perpetrators and implicated authority figures to get full justice for their deplorable behaviour.

But as John eloquently argued, we should push for and support justice for these criminals without implying unevidenced guilt on the vast majority of the law abiding Muslim communities, or suggesting conspiracy theories that you can't back up with any researched facts. Make your argument by all means but properly and critically reasearch your sources before posting as you do come over as someone who is taking every opportunity to express suspicion and even hostility to a whole community.
    Last edited by ragingpup; 15-03-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Without reading through the full transcript of the trial, which you , GF, have obviously done (er, NOT!) I am not going to judge if the sentence was fair or not in relation to the crime. I haven't got the time or inclination to do that anyway. This is not actually a child abuse/criminology website -I mainly look at the site for football reasons, but I can't let the constant stream of lies and misinformation put on here by you go unchallenged
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-03-2018 at 07:53 PM.

This seems quite a good, balanced analysis of the national 'grooming problem' from Jess Phillips. A call for action without resort to blaming and stigmatising communities.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...g-***ual-abuse

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Without reading through the full transcript of the trial, which you , GF, have obviously done (er, NOT!) I am not going to judge if the sentence was fair or not in relation to the crime. I haven't got the time or inclination to do that anyway. This is not actually a child abuse/criminology website -I mainly look at the site for football reasons, but I can't let the constant stream of lies and misinformation put on here by you go unchallenged
    TBH I'm surprised anyone would say that was long enough.

I thought it was a 22 year jail sentence rather than 14 in jail plus 8 on licence.

That was still not enough IMO considering the number of victims and number of offences.
    Last edited by great_fire; 15-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast