+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Carragher facing the sack from Sky

Jamie Carragher facing the sack from Sky

Ay La, calm down, I only gobbed on a 14 year old girl,I didn't have it away with the car wheels.

Joking apart what a total scumbag scouser.

I wonder if he'll be going around shouting "giss a job".

Silly thing to do.

Always loved his passions remember him grabbing his own team mate by the throat for lack of effort at the Brummie Road end 5/6 years ago.

I like his analysis and his interaction with Neville.

Not a clever thing to do but it's not like he did a "Barry Bennell" or "Jimmy Saville" to a kid.

The Lynch mob mentality around these days is becoming over the top in my opinion.

I remember Kevin Donavan flicking me the "V" sign after I gave him a blocking at one game........I was furious at the time but as the years went by I realised I'd deserved it,i'd provoked him.

Very likely that Carragher was getting tons of abuse at that time.

I would be very surprised if he survives this. Shame really as I quite like listening to him.

I remember Rodney Marsh getting the sack at SKY for joking that there was trouble with the "Toon army in Asia" which was a pun on the tsunami that happened in Thailand. People have lost jobs for even less than that such as 'liking' a facebook post of a so called undesirable. The left consisting of social justice warriors are slowly stifling free speech which people died for to protect.

No excuse for what he did sack him good player & pundit but it's filthy what he did .

Highly dangerous....never know what he's picked when he has been bin dipping...

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I remember Rodney Marsh getting the sack at SKY for joking that there was trouble with the "Toon army in Asia" which was a pun on the tsunami that happened in Thailand. People have lost jobs for even less than that such as 'liking' a facebook post of a so called undesirable. The left consisting of social justice warriors are slowly stifling free speech which people died for to protect.
    I disagree completely. That's why we're on here I guess..

I think Rodney Marsh's joke was in poor taste. I know people who lost loved ones in that tragedy and if he had stayed in his job, then the question is when would it stop? Would you be happy for TV presenters and pundits to throw regular jokes out there about tragic events in the news? I wouldn't, I watch it to hear their analysis and is it turned out Rodney Marsh was a rubbish pundit anyway.

I think Andy Gray and Richard Keys had to go for what they did. And I think Carragher deserves to lose his job. I would never dream of spitting at someone else and its disgusting. This is a guy who has millions of people watch him on a regular basis, who's an idol. Would you want your son watching and potentially doing that? Don't get me wrong, the other guy was baiting him, but there was nothing potentially violent about what he was doing.

It's funny, that I would have probably thought the opposite when I was a bit younger but not anymore, maybe I am a typical 'lefty'...but I want people on tv who have a some ethics about them. I want my kids to watch and learn from responsible and decent people. He deserves all he gets.

I'm not a lefty at all and I believe a lot of the persecution that goes on in the name of social justice ranges from utter nonsense to tragic. But gobbing on someone is way over the line as far as I am concerned. Its not a political statement, its not a way to win an argument, its just really disgusting.

Carragher suspended from his duties with sky .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)