+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ken Dodd's with God

Ken Dodd and the Diddy Men used to crack me up when I was a kid.

Thanks for the laughs.

R.I.P Ken Dodd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGor...or7ZyCawI&t=71

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    ‘What a lovely day for staying in and varnishing the wife’s legs!’ As a kid I used to like listening to his Sunday lunchtime radio show (and others) even if a lot of it went over my head. Funny, over the last few days I have been listening to the non PC outrageously camp Julian and Sandy sketches from Round The Horne. You would never hear anything like that today. Some great comedy back then in my formative years. RIP Doddy.
    "Round the Horne"! You are right, what a great program. Clever, witty and at times outrageous. What made the "Julien and Sandy" sketches so special was that the humor obviously went over the BBC'S head as well because homo***uality was still a jailable offense when they were made.

When I am at the office I often go to the Radio 4 site on my laptop and listen to a lot of the old classics including "The Navy Lark" and "Hancock's Half Hour" and of course "Round the Horne". Even Harry Worth is there today. I have attached the link if you want to browse through, there is a lot of modern stuff there but there are also some "classics" tucked away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/categories/comedy

Oh and yes, RIP Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats only a matter of opinion though isn't it, and its good that we all like and dislike different things.
    Im sorry to hear this news about Ken Dodd, but I can't remember ever finding anything he or Tommy Cooper did either, to be amusing.
    And yes I do like Michael McIntyre by the way, it might be an age thing.
    Oh, you must be a ****age wench then, Acido. Whenever I've not turned McIntyre over, the only people wetting themselves are some fat ****age girls in the audience, on drugs.
    Back to topic: Wasn't a great fan of Doddy, but there are millions who loved him, and he was approx twice as funny as McIntyre.
    RiP Doddy

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Oh, you must be a ****age wench then, Acido. Whenever I've not turned McIntyre over, the only people wetting themselves are some fat ****age girls in the audience, on drugs. Back to topic: Wasn't a great fan of Doddy, but there are millions who loved him, and he was approx twice as funny as McIntyre. RiP Doddy
    Im neither a ****ager, nor a bird, and nor am I on drugs. Thats 0 out of 3 you've got there, must do better.
    And there again thats what I was on about earlier with fans having different opinions, it doesn't mean Dodd was twice as funny just because you say it and claim it to be a fact. Loads of people liked him and thats fair enough, but Im not making silly digs at any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    its callled having a sence of humour, if you can’t laugh at doddy ,cooper ,Dawson’ etc you ain’t got none, there again you can always laugh, at ere Michael McIntyre and is kind.
    I prefer McIntyre to Ken Dodd. I don't rate McIntyre very highly.
    I liked Tommy Cooper.
    I prefer story tellers like Carrott, Connolly, Rich Hall etc. to the quickfire comedians.
    I found it funny when Villa were relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I liked Tommy Cooper.
    I prefer story tellers like Carrott, Connolly, Rich Hall etc. to the quickfire comedians.
    no offence intended Chris.idont find McIntyre funny at all.but did find villa relegation funny.as no dought they will find ours.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    "Round the Horne"! You are right, what a great program. Clever, witty and at times outrageous. What made the "Julien and Sandy" sketches so special was that the humor obviously went over the BBC'S head as well because homo***uality was still a jailable offense when they were made.

When I am at the office I often go to the Radio 4 site on my laptop and listen to a lot of the old classics including "The Navy Lark" and "Hancock's Half Hour" and of course "Round the Horne". Even Harry Worth is there today. I have attached the link if you want to browse through, there is a lot of modern stuff there but there are also some "classics" tucked away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/categories/comedy

Oh and yes, RIP Ken.
    Julian and Sandy! I did not have the faintest idea about camp,being gay let alone what polari was. But I would listen to Round the Horne and see my dad absolutely creased up. So it must be funny. I just liked the sound of their voices.

https://youtu.be/kbqCTiMrbdQd

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I liked Tommy Cooper.
    Ive always liked Jasper Carrott, and some of the other newer stars as well like Lee Evans, Lee Mack, & Peter Kay (although you cant really call them new anymore can you lol).
    The quickfire gags dont really appeal to me but sometimes Tim Vine and Gary Delaney especially on Mock the week really make me chuckle with them.
    I remember when I actually thought Chubby Brown was funny, but for me he got extremely tedious with his vulgarity very quickly.
    Ohh and we have to give a mention to your very own Chris Collins dont we (soz, we all know him better as Frank Skinner of course!! ).

When I was a small lad, my parents took me to see Ken Dodd at Dudley Hippodrome and was lucky enough to meet him fare the show. He took the time to talk at length to me. He seemed to be a genuinely good bloke. RIP Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    By Jove.....I bet he didn’t see that coming!

What a lovely day for sticking a copper rod up
    Andre Previn’s trouser leg and saying to him...”how’s that for a lightening conductor”.

RIP to Doddy....the only man on earth who could eat an apple through a tennis rackets strings!
    I missed this one first time round old son. Fecking brilliant, the lightening conductor!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)