+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir Ken Dodd dies

Sir Ken Dodd dies

Aged 90,"Happiness Happiness the greatest gift that i posess" RIP Diddy man.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Aged 90,"Happiness Happiness the greatest gift that i posess" RIP Diddy man.UTCB
    Another one we'll never see the like of again. RIP Doddy.

I remember seeing his show in Skegness and, ever mindful of the hotel bar closing time, I thought I'd ask the lady at the box office when it ended.......see just said "when he wants it to end". I thought see was being awkward but she wasn't and it did end after midnight. My sides hurt from laughing so much but I never found the need to see his show again!!

RIP in the Knotty Ash in the sky Ken.

Say this as fast as you can.

KEN DODDS DADS DOGS DEAD

Name:  Ken-Dodd-4-WEB.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  62.1 KB

A regular treat on the Blackpool family holiday was to go to see Doddy at the Grand.

Late ,late night and brisk walk back to the boarding house on Palatine Road with the streets almost deserted.

RIP Doddy

R.I.P. Doddy. You’ve ticked my funny bone a few times over the decades.

Remarkable man,a complete one off,genius and a gentleman

RIP Doddy

A few years ago I went to see Doddy at the Crucible. Got there just turned 7pm for a 7.30pm start and there was a large queue outside. When I asked why I was told that he had just finished his afternoon performance and they had to let the audience out before they could let us in.

He eventually came on at 7.45pm. I left at 12.15am with him still going strong (I had work the next day!). Must admit he really made me laugh though and it was proper one liners and jokes rather than the ‘life stories’ that the modern comedians tell today.

Apparently when he went to collect his nighthood he asked to go to the toilet at the Palace and upon flushing the loo was heard to shout ‘how’s that for a royal flush’ on the way out.

RIP Doddy

[QUOTE=silentjourneyhome
    He eventually came on at 7.45pm. I left at 12.15am with him still going strong (I had work the next day!). Must admit he really made me laugh though and it was proper one liners and jokes rather than the ‘life stories’ that the modern comedians tell today. [/QUOTE]

His funeral is on Wednesday, Thursday & most of Friday

RIP Doddy One of the best, and just about the last of the real funny men.

The voice of YORKSHIRE Cricket Dave Callaghan has died followin a Heart Attack last Friday.I really liked listenin to him on't Radio and i am shocked by his passin.RIP DAVE.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast