+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sir Ken Dodd dies

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    The voice of YORKSHIRE Cricket Dave Callaghan has died followin a Heart Attack last Friday.I really liked listenin to him on't Radio and i am shocked by his passin.RIP DAVE.UTCB
    Shocked and upset when I heard the news about DC,63 no age

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Shocked and upset when I heard the news about DC,63 no age
    It will be a different sort of summer without Cally.Sad news and even sadder that his daughter died last year.

He was the most respected of the county commentators, and rightly so. The rest, from the other counties, loved working with him.

Hard to replace, there'll not be many with such a deep knowledge of God's Own Country's cricket history.

RIP Cally

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    It will be a different sort of summer without Cally.Sad news and even sadder that his daughter died last year.

He was the most respected of the county commentators, and rightly so. The rest, from the other counties, loved working with him.

Hard to replace, there'll not be many with such a deep knowledge of God's Own Country's cricket history.

RIP Cally
    Smashing bloke,had a brief chat with him on the day we won the County Championship at Trent Bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-43381491

Agnes the Cally RIP is here mi owd pal.A wonderful commentator.RIP CALLY.UTCB

I used to work as a steward at the Sheffield City Hall.

The Ken Dodd concerts were famous amongst us stewards.
    We were all told to forget about the normal 11pm finish, like the other concerts.
    Ken Dodd would judge the reaction to encores and if the crowd wanted more he’d just keep performing until when ever.
    Some of his concerts finished at past 12.30am going towards 1am.

He knew 10000’s of jokes and could entertain for hours. He was also a decent singer too, an all round entertainer.
    Last edited by almostsignedmaradona; 24-03-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12