+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No game for three weeks

No game for three weeks

Wither the cup and international our next game v WBA isn’t till the end of March. I feel withdrawal symptoms already. West Ham off to Miami?
    What are Burnley doing?
    Hope we get a few players into the internationals to keep some interest going.

I assume a good few of ours will be having a bit of family time in the sun somewhere?

We'll have played 3 games in February and 3 games in March, yet only a few weeks ago we were being told that players NEEDED a two week winter break which was being planned for February. Eh ???

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I assume a good few of ours will be having a bit of family time in the sun somewhere?
    Meanwhile, Jeff Hendrick, who many fans deem not good enough to be playing for the Clarets, will be off to Turkey as a member of the Republic of Irealnd squad and looking to make his 38th full International appearance at the age of 26.

Great pity - I bet the lads are chomping at the bit.

I am in a quandary at the moment. I want us to win every game and finish as high as possible but I don't want us to qualify for Europe this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Meanwhile, Jeff Hendrick, who many fans deem not good enough to be playing for the Clarets, will be off to Turkey as a member of the Republic of Irealnd squad and looking to make his 38th full International appearance at the age of 26.
    I'm one of them Ss, nothing against the lad personally, he does his best, gives 100% every game, but I've been watching him for a season and a half now, and I don't care how many times he plays for Eire, he's a weak link for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm one of them Ss, nothing against the lad personally, he does his best, gives 100% every game, but I've been watching him for a season and a half now, and I don't care how many times he plays for Eire, he's a weak link for us.
    But why ? .. Due to Sean playing him out of position for us ? or you just don't think he's good enough Sinky ? Maybe when his mate Brady is back playing he will become better .

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's all about opinions, as we know, however, it would appear that, having started 58 Premier League games out of a possible 67 since he signed, the manager must think that he offers something that is valuable to the system. Bear in mind too, that apart from the few games he was out injured, he also was not available for 3 matches last season because of the suspension he received after the unfortunate dismissal at Watford.
    He is a player who is fit and able to play, something which others were not during the last few months, therefore, he has been important in the grand scale of things, in spite of having become the 'Clarets' Scapegoat' ---strange really --it is usually a full back!

I like Hendrick but for me he is a fish out of water playing at number 10.

Play Ward behind him, Brady in front of him and the lad is excellent.

He will be better than handy when we are playing in Europe next season.

At least a three week break means we can concentrate on Superleague without the interference of boring premier league..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)