+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Big Interview: Matt Hamshaw

The Big Interview: Matt Hamshaw

I had to write this with a Sheffield readership in mind, but I got in as much Millers stuff as I could.

http://bit.ly/2p33vZM

A good read. Great that we have Rotherham people like Matt at the club. That is what football clubs should be about.

Wow, he's been very open there about all that he's been through. The time of his sons death was an horrific time. I was staying at his brother in laws at the time which was heart breaking to see them go through everything.

'Somewhere over the Rainbow'

Thanks for that article Paul Davis, much appreciated.

Attention : CAMiller......have a click on the link, some good pics of your old schoolpal / team mate Phil.

Excellent Paul

I saw a video of dugout when we played Donny, seeing the management side celebrate when we won was great especially Matt’s

Great read.

“Last year was really difficult when we were relegated from the Championship, but I learned masses,” Hamshaw says. “They were dark days. We had some players here who shouldn’t have been here, some players who were on too much money, some whose attitudes stunk.

Thanks again Alan Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Thanks for that article Paul Davis, much appreciated.

Attention : CAMiller......have a click on the link, some good pics of your old schoolpal / team mate Phil.
    Thanks for that Casper. I would have asked Sir Alex round for a cuppa years ago if I'd known he was in the area.

Sounds like Phil and Bev are just like they were growing up and a credit to Monkwood. She was destined to be involved in football with a Dad who played for England as a youth and 3 brothers who all played for the local non-league outfits. Phil was the Eddie Gray of Monkwood Juniors when we won the Totty Cup

Good honest Rawmarsh family brought up the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Good honest Rawmarsh family brought up the right way.
    There were some good folk who like us moved into that area when it was built around 63. Everyone knew everyone and lots of kids for kickabouts in the carless streets.