Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: The Forest derby...reasons to be cheerful?

  1. #1

    The Forest derby...reasons to be cheerful?

    I know we’ve touched on this on the ‘prediction’ thread but a reaction thread seems called for.
    Have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Expected the worst, especially given the injuries, lack of confidence on our part and relaxed, nothing to play for attitude of the Trent side mercenaries.
    Thought the back four put in their best performance for months, both collectively and individually with Forsyth back to something like his best and seemingly helped by putting in a beautifully timed old fashioned tackle in the opening moments.
    Every player seemed to show the determination which has been missing for weeks, no one looked willing to be pushed around and the players, again for the first time in a while looked proud to wear the shirt.
    Of course it wasn’t perfect but only one team looked like scoring, the comments about Tomblin proved pure hype - overweight lad with a decent touch who deserves an Oscar...nothing more - the sending off was ludicrous - just a tangle of legs and a dive - although Huddlestone could have gone for two yellows earlier and for me Davies was the motm by a mile.
    Also good to see that, at long last, we’ve actually signed someone - Palmer - who gives us something different and makes a difference.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-03-2018 at 10:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Fair comment rA but with regard to Palmer why don't GR start him. Lawrence is crap at the mo, so why not start Palmer...weird!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Fair comment rA but with regard to Palmer why don't GR start him. Lawrence is crap at the mo, so why not start Palmer...weird!!
    I said that earlier and maybe there's something about him fading late on in games, although fading late would be better than fading immediately a la Lawrence. He really comes over in a Paul-Kitson-Flatters-To-Deceive style. I also think I can see why Anya was out in the cold, as an 'energetic disruptor' type of player I'd take Johnny Russell any day

    Edit: One piece of basic football we continually fail at is THROWINS! I lost could of the number of times the thrower didn't look like he had a clue, and we then lost the ball when it was thrown.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I said that earlier and maybe there's something about him fading late on in games, although fading late would be better than fading immediately a la Lawrence. He really comes over in a Paul-Kitson-Flatters-To-Deceive style. I also think I can see why Anya was out in the cold, as an 'energetic disruptor' type of player I'd take Johnny Russell any day

    Edit: One piece of basic football we continually fail at is THROWINS! I lost could of the number of times the thrower didn't look like he had a clue, and we then lost the ball when it was thrown.
    I know Lawrence has been a disappointment but I honestly thought he was okay yesterday...a 7/10 for me. He was a continual threat and I suspect he’s only a confidence inspiring moment away from fulfilling his potential. Remember how useless everyone thought Vydra was a year ago?
    Palmer looks like a proper player but he also has a bit of a recent hamstring history so maybe GR is treating him a little cautiously...frustrating for us but I suppose that’s what management is all about.
    I was really disappointed in Anya yesterday too. I’ve been surprised that he’s been overlooked so often but yesterday, apart from running around a lot, he produced virtually nothing. For me, yesterday the whole squad deserved 7, 8 & 9’s apart from Anya (4), Nugent (5) and Carson - impossible to mark - because, apart from catching a couple of crosses tidily, he might as well have brought the Sunday papers and a flask out with him.

  5. #5
    After putting up with leaky defences under Montanier & Warburton it is nice to know we can keep keep clean sheets again. I feel also that Forest under Karanka have a better future than Derby under Rowett.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    After putting up with leaky defences under Montanier & Warburton it is nice to know we can keep keep clean sheets again. I feel also that Forest under Karanka have a better future than Derby under Rowett.
    Really? You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but seeing as you thought yesterday’s match constituted a ‘six pointer’ I suspect we won’t be taking much notice over here.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but seeing as you thought yesterday’s match constituted a ‘six pointer’ I suspect we won’t be taking much notice over here.
    When's the last time you won a game ?At the end of the season you will nearer us than in the playoffs.

  8. #8
    We've won enough to be 17 points clear of you as usual When were you last above us in the league When were you last in the Prem remember all your prats with your T/Shirts "On loan from the Prem " Well they are all Grandads now and still no nearer Did you enjoy your three years in Div 3

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    When's the last time you won a game ?At the end of the season you will nearer us than in the playoffs.
    You are never going to achieve anything with a weeble as your star player

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You are never going to achieve anything with a weeble as your star player
    We are hardly likely to rely on a player who is only on loan for the next few weeks & is in the twilight of his career. Our star player may not have signed for us yet & hopefully Summer will be as successful as our January transfer window was. I also hope that your Summer will be as successful as your January transfer window was.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You are never going to achieve anything with a weeble as your star player
    Unfair that, AF...’weebles wobble but they don’t fall down’ was the catchphrase I think. Tomlins tumble and do nothing but fall down!

    Our January window was a bit of a let down, Adles...yet we still signed Palmer who looked the best footballer on the pitch yesterday.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Unfair that, AF...’weebles wobble but they don’t fall down’ was the catchphrase I think. Tomlins tumble and do nothing but fall down!

    Our January window was a bit of a let down, Adles...yet we still signed Palmer who looked the best footballer on the pitch yesterday.
    He won't be long before he's back at Chelsea. As Guy Moussi once said "Derby - No Thanks".

  13. #13
    Palmer. Why didn't he start? I think it's two fold. First, he isn't properly up and running following his injury and may well not be up to starting Tuesday and again at the weekend. Secondly, he has already shown the ha can have a tantrum. Rowett hinted at this volatitlity being the reason he didn't start.

    He may well come off the bench again against Caerdydd as Colin ****er will be aware of Palmer's length of fuse and would put someone on him with the intntion of causing him grief.

  14. #14
    Tell you something if we signed Colbeck Jolly Watson and Tomlin I would seriously be worried for our future

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    He won't be long before he's back at Chelsea. As Guy Moussi once said "Derby - No Thanks".
    You may well be right, but he didn’t actually say ‘Derby - No Thanks’ did he? That’s why we’ve got him...as opposed to the bunch of geriatric journeymen - who couldn’t muster a single shot on target yesterday - that you lot acquired a few weeks ago.

  16. #16
    God it took me years to get over Moussi not wanting to join us After all he was so prolific for the bumps 3 goals in 136 appearances Just to think he turned us down to play in the Finnish 3rd Div at HJK Helsinki where he he's been a great success 22 appearances in three season and no goals Still I'm sure he would have boosted our midfield at that time we only had Bryson Hughes Hendrick Russell

  17. #17
    As I've said before, no point arguing with DDD's twin. He's just so stupid. You'll win every time.
    As for the topic, yeah why not, I saw Derby as a well drilled team defensively only lacking the cutting edge up front.

    Let me put it this way, would you rather play well now, make the play offs at a canter, and taper off at season's end or have a nail biting finish across the line but improving all the time?
    9 games is a lot of game time to get your act together.

  18. #18
    Back to the title........... Many Rams were expecting to lose, we didn't. Reason enough to be happy.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,441
    And a lesson from History, even in our playoff promotion year, we were shocking in some of the games leading up to the playoffs, I recall a rare away game for me down London (Palace?) which was a thoroughly depressing, but somehow we won out....

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    And a lesson from History, even in our playoff promotion year, we were shocking in some of the games leading up to the playoffs, I recall a rare away game for me down London (Palace?) which was a thoroughly depressing, but somehow we won out....
    That is very true Andy. Much of the football played that year was poor, including the second (home) leg of the play off semi final. This team, imo, plays better football but I don’t remember that 2007 side going so long without a win...somehow they had the knack of turning likely bore draws into slender victories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •