+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Forest derby...reasons to be cheerful?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You are never going to achieve anything with a weeble as your star player
    Unfair that, AF...’weebles wobble but they don’t fall down’ was the catchphrase I think. Tomlins tumble and do nothing but fall down!

Our January window was a bit of a let down, Adles...yet we still signed Palmer who looked the best footballer on the pitch yesterday.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-03-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Unfair that, AF...’weebles wobble but they don’t fall down’ was the catchphrase I think. Tomlins tumble and do nothing but fall down!

Our January window was a bit of a let down, Adles...yet we still signed Palmer who looked the best footballer on the pitch yesterday.
    He won't be long before he's back at Chelsea. As Guy Moussi once said "Derby - No Thanks".

Palmer. Why didn't he start? I think it's two fold. First, he isn't properly up and running following his injury and may well not be up to starting Tuesday and again at the weekend. Secondly, he has already shown the ha can have a tantrum. Rowett hinted at this volatitlity being the reason he didn't start.

He may well come off the bench again against Caerdydd as Colin ****er will be aware of Palmer's length of fuse and would put someone on him with the intntion of causing him grief.

Tell you something if we signed Colbeck Jolly Watson and Tomlin I would seriously be worried for our future

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    He won't be long before he's back at Chelsea. As Guy Moussi once said "Derby - No Thanks".
    You may well be right, but he didn’t actually say ‘Derby - No Thanks’ did he? That’s why we’ve got him...as opposed to the bunch of geriatric journeymen - who couldn’t muster a single shot on target yesterday - that you lot acquired a few weeks ago.

God it took me years to get over Moussi not wanting to join us After all he was so prolific for the bumps 3 goals in 136 appearances Just to think he turned us down to play in the Finnish 3rd Div at HJK Helsinki where he he's been a great success 22 appearances in three season and no goals Still I'm sure he would have boosted our midfield at that time we only had Bryson Hughes Hendrick Russell

As I've said before, no point arguing with DDD's twin. He's just so stupid. You'll win every time.
    As for the topic, yeah why not, I saw Derby as a well drilled team defensively only lacking the cutting edge up front.

Let me put it this way, would you rather play well now, make the play offs at a canter, and taper off at season's end or have a nail biting finish across the line but improving all the time?
    9 games is a lot of game time to get your act together.

Back to the title........... Many Rams were expecting to lose, we didn't. Reason enough to be happy.

And a lesson from History, even in our playoff promotion year, we were shocking in some of the games leading up to the playoffs, I recall a rare away game for me down London (Palace?) which was a thoroughly depressing, but somehow we won out....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    And a lesson from History, even in our playoff promotion year, we were shocking in some of the games leading up to the playoffs, I recall a rare away game for me down London (Palace?) which was a thoroughly depressing, but somehow we won out....
    That is very true Andy. Much of the football played that year was poor, including the second (home) leg of the play off semi final. This team, imo, plays better football but I don’t remember that 2007 side going so long without a win...somehow they had the knack of turning likely bore draws into slender victories.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)