+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Forest derby...reasons to be cheerful?

The Forest derby...reasons to be cheerful?

I know we’ve touched on this on the ‘prediction’ thread but a reaction thread seems called for.
    Have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Expected the worst, especially given the injuries, lack of confidence on our part and relaxed, nothing to play for attitude of the Trent side mercenaries.
    Thought the back four put in their best performance for months, both collectively and individually with Forsyth back to something like his best and seemingly helped by putting in a beautifully timed old fashioned tackle in the opening moments.
    Every player seemed to show the determination which has been missing for weeks, no one looked willing to be pushed around and the players, again for the first time in a while looked proud to wear the shirt.
    Of course it wasn’t perfect but only one team looked like scoring, the comments about Tomblin proved pure hype - overweight lad with a decent touch who deserves an Oscar...nothing more - the sending off was ludicrous - just a tangle of legs and a dive - although Huddlestone could have gone for two yellows earlier and for me Davies was the motm by a mile.
    Also good to see that, at long last, we’ve actually signed someone - Palmer - who gives us something different and makes a difference.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-03-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Fair comment rA but with regard to Palmer why don't GR start him. Lawrence is crap at the mo, so why not start Palmer...weird!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Fair comment rA but with regard to Palmer why don't GR start him. Lawrence is crap at the mo, so why not start Palmer...weird!!
    I said that earlier and maybe there's something about him fading late on in games, although fading late would be better than fading immediately a la Lawrence. He really comes over in a Paul-Kitson-Flatters-To-Deceive style. I also think I can see why Anya was out in the cold, as an 'energetic disruptor' type of player I'd take Johnny Russell any day

Edit: One piece of basic football we continually fail at is THROWINS! I lost could of the number of times the thrower didn't look like he had a clue, and we then lost the ball when it was thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I said that earlier and maybe there's something about him fading late on in games, although fading late would be better than fading immediately a la Lawrence. He really comes over in a Paul-Kitson-Flatters-To-Deceive style. I also think I can see why Anya was out in the cold, as an 'energetic disruptor' type of player I'd take Johnny Russell any day

Edit: One piece of basic football we continually fail at is THROWINS! I lost could of the number of times the thrower didn't look like he had a clue, and we then lost the ball when it was thrown.
    I know Lawrence has been a disappointment but I honestly thought he was okay yesterday...a 7/10 for me. He was a continual threat and I suspect he’s only a confidence inspiring moment away from fulfilling his potential. Remember how useless everyone thought Vydra was a year ago?
    Palmer looks like a proper player but he also has a bit of a recent hamstring history so maybe GR is treating him a little cautiously...frustrating for us but I suppose that’s what management is all about.
    I was really disappointed in Anya yesterday too. I’ve been surprised that he’s been overlooked so often but yesterday, apart from running around a lot, he produced virtually nothing. For me, yesterday the whole squad deserved 7, 8 & 9’s apart from Anya (4), Nugent (5) and Carson - impossible to mark - because, apart from catching a couple of crosses tidily, he might as well have brought the Sunday papers and a flask out with him.

After putting up with leaky defences under Montanier & Warburton it is nice to know we can keep keep clean sheets again. I feel also that Forest under Karanka have a better future than Derby under Rowett.

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    After putting up with leaky defences under Montanier & Warburton it is nice to know we can keep keep clean sheets again. I feel also that Forest under Karanka have a better future than Derby under Rowett.
    Really? You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but seeing as you thought yesterday’s match constituted a ‘six pointer’ I suspect we won’t be taking much notice over here.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but seeing as you thought yesterday’s match constituted a ‘six pointer’ I suspect we won’t be taking much notice over here.
    When's the last time you won a game ?At the end of the season you will nearer us than in the playoffs.

We've won enough to be 17 points clear of you as usual When were you last above us in the league When were you last in the Prem remember all your prats with your T/Shirts "On loan from the Prem " Well they are all Grandads now and still no nearer Did you enjoy your three years in Div 3

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    When's the last time you won a game ?At the end of the season you will nearer us than in the playoffs.
    You are never going to achieve anything with a weeble as your star player

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You are never going to achieve anything with a weeble as your star player
    We are hardly likely to rely on a player who is only on loan for the next few weeks & is in the twilight of his career. Our star player may not have signed for us yet & hopefully Summer will be as successful as our January transfer window was. I also hope that your Summer will be as successful as your January transfer window was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)