+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Take a bow Mr Rowett

Take a bow Mr Rowett

Someone with passion at last, shoving Tomlin away although should have head butted the little fat c*** imo,, and then tw&&ed the ref. Morris should give him a bonus.

A team full of Rowett players will be great

That Tomlin fella was so top heavy you've only to brush past him and he was on the floor, good at conning the ref to, at last forest have got their own Chris Martin so its all good now

Also loved Rowett's little tirade at the 4th official regarding the ref..... "he's a ****ing ****house referee"

He was right too, unfortunately there is every likelihood he will be reported to the FA, fined and banned from the touchline for 3 games.

We have a man in charge that is passionate about the club at last. Morris should stick with him and give him time,, we know Rowett can get us challenging but needs to fill our bottle up when it comes to sustaining it. personally think some of our players aren't his type, that's why Russell, Martin, Shackell, Butterfield etc have all been pushed out, all fancy dans that aren't up for a battle, esp the likes of butterfield and shackell with their fancy hair style and clean cut beards, more interested in trimming themselves than getting stuck in. get 11 Rowett types with 7 rowett subs and we'd be laughing imo.

as indeed would everybody else that played against that team

especially if Rowett got sent off!
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 12-03-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    That Tomlin fella was so top heavy you've only to brush past him and he was on the floor, good at conning the ref to, at last forest have got their own Chris Martin so its all good now

U boat Martin has been at it for ten years. Mince was a flopper, as was Ward, to name but three and now Tomlin is at it for us. I hate it but it's saved me some money on entrance fees now it's common place.
    Diving is a curse on the game - I used to laugh at the Spaniards and Italians that were conmen - I honestly believe Ravanelli and Juninho set the ball (rolling around) over here.

Your manager whining about simulation is hilarious when Lawrence got ( the first?) booking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    U boat Martin has been at it for ten years. Mince was a flopper, as was Ward, to name but three and now Tomlin is at it for us. I hate it but it's saved me some money on entrance fees now it's common place.
    Diving is a curse on the game - I used to laugh at the Spaniards and Italians that were conmen - I honestly believe Ravanelli and Juninho set the ball (rolling around) over here.

Your manager whining about simulation is hilarious when Lawrence got ( the first?) booking for it.
    Yes, Lawrence was carded for "simulation". However, he didn't dive, he was taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We have a man in charge that is passionate about the club at last. Morris should stick with him and give him time,, we know Rowett can get us challenging but needs to fill our bottle up when it comes to sustaining it. personally think some of our players aren't his type, that's why Russell, Martin, Shackell, Butterfield etc have all been pushed out, all fancy dans that aren't up for a battle, esp the likes of butterfield and shackell with their fancy hair style and clean cut beards, more interested in trimming themselves than getting stuck in. get 11 Rowett types with 7 rowett subs and we'd be laughing imo.
    Exactly sir, exactly. Rowett I feel is the best possible manager for Derby at this juncture. He should be given as much time as Clough Jr had.
    We have the same situation at Forest. Karanka really needs time to mould his team and get them to play his brand of football. It may succeed in a full season like he did at Boro, but logically a manage capable of building a team needs at least 2 full seasons to firstly assemble a team, then get the players to understand his style and tactics and finally to be able to work with this style with one another, where players know their roles, how to respond in certain circumstances and how to bounce back.

This is exactly what Rowett has tried to do with some success at Derby. He has more or less got Derby to play to his tyle, how to eke out results and be hard to beat. It may still succeed you know, play-offs was the target given to him, However, it's clear as you said, he still doesn't have enough of the kind of players that he wants and would suit his style. It's nearly there, but perhaps not fully yet.
    Logically, if he narrowly fails to make the play-offs or if you fail to advance upon reaching it, he MUST be allowed another full season,
    I think Leicester stuck with Pearson for around 2-3 years before he achieved promotion, the same with Dyche at Burnley.

I sail to see any reason to sack Rowett, even if next seasons starts a little badly. Save for that Davies promotion year, what exactly has any change of manager brought Derby this decade or century? Certainly not to the Prem. Maybe the football hasn't been so good on the eye, but can anyone truly say that the Rowett years so far has been bad or detrimental? This as hood and in many cases than most Derby sides this century. It would be foolish to sack him.
    Unless of course, some Prem team comes knocking for services.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)