+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Afobe to start against Villa

Afobe to start against Villa

Why not?
    A change, a different option. Bonatini looks slow and spent.

Afobe's pace was there for all to see tonight, give the Villa defenders 90 minutes to think about.

Bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Why not?
    A change, a different option. Bonatini looks slow and spent.

Afobe's pace was there for all to see tonight, give the Villa defenders 90 minutes to think about.

Bring it on
    That's harsh on Bonatini slow and spent? holds the ball up brilliantly and links play well and with a little more confidence could have had a couple before half time. I'd personally leave Benik and Helder as that massive wave of shock and awe they were tonight!!

I have to agree that Bonatini did well tonight. With a bit of luck he could have been on the score sheet. Links play well, not blessed with pace but has a good touch and close control. Start him against the Villa and bring Afobi on as they tire.

There's only one change i can see being made for the Villa game is Neves returning. Leo Bonatini is a very good link up player, his goals may have dried up but he brings others into play. As much as i enjoyed Afobe's goal last night, Leo gets the nod over me at this moment in time.

Wrong choice of words maybe in the opening post but seems like Bonatini has lost some of his 'mojo' and he looks a bit frustrated sometimes.

Looks a bit Andy Keogh ish at the moment

Howdo lads, very quiet on our board lately what with all this winning

Prediction for Saturday is an entertaining 2-2 draw, both teams in decent form and have goals in them - would love to think we'll win and bring you back into scrapping for the top 2 spots but reckon you're nailed on.

Enjoy the game, will be a cracking atmosphere.

Yep.

Jota looks out of form, tired? Bonatini hasn't scored since early December.

This is regardless of the 4 goals we gifted Aston Villa tonight.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)