+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

After such an abysmal series of performances I'm seriously considering not renewing my season ticket for next year. Do I really want to subject myself to more evening games in the middle of winter after the freezing cold this year. Maybe I'll go back after they change to summer football. Unless they do something dramatic, there might be a lot more like me. OK I may not be as dedicated a supporter as some, but they will have to offer something a lot better than this to tempt the waverers like me back.

Fine, fair enough.

I'll being renewing our tickets, 57th consecutive season. Footballs been crap, but love to spend match day with my niece and great nephew. COYB

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I'll being renewing our tickets, 57th consecutive season. Footballs been crap, but love to spend match day with my niece and great nephew. COYB
    Nice one, Soulman!

(It's 60 years next month since my 1st match, but I just didn't know about Season Tkts till 30 years ago - I thought it meant you had to sit on Halfords Lane.)

Football changed, always been in the Brummie which has now become the family stand, but on Saturday the Smethwick emptied and we carried on chanting till the end.
    Wish the young uns could see a team, like us old uns watched in the 60s and 70s.

Football changed, always been in the Brummie which has now become the family stand, but on Saturday the Smethwick emptied and we carried on chanting till the end.
    Wish the young uns could see a team, like us old uns watched in the 60s and 70s.
    With the very greatest of respect I was in the Smethwick and stayed until the end, there were also plenty around me and my lad who stayed and chanted with us too.

You must have been very lonely in the Brummie though as it looked pretty much deserted to me chap.

As an aside we're planning on attending all of the remaining fixtures home and away, and we'll be renewing as well as your good selves.

All of the very best to you and yours Lloyd and COYB .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    With the very greatest of respect I was in the Smethwick and stayed until the end, there were also plenty around me and my lad who stayed and chanted with us too.

You must have been very lonely in the Brummie though as it looked pretty much deserted to me chap.

As an aside we're planning on attending all of the remaining fixtures home and away, and we'll be renewing as well as your good selves.

All of the very best to you and yours Lloyd and COYB .
    Hi, it was good the ones who stayed showed there support. Wish i could do the away games , my wife worry's to much about my health. Went away to most games in the 60s,70s and 80s. followed them in Europe even went to Morton for a Texico cup game.
    Gave up on following England after the likes of Stathen,wasn't given a fair share of caps.

Hi, it was good the ones who stayed showed there support. Wish i could do the away games , my wife worry's to much about my health. Went away to most games in the 60s,70s and 80s. followed them in Europe even went to Morton for a Texico cup game.
    Gave up on following England after the likes of Stathen,wasn't given a fair share of caps.
    Fair play Loyd, it must have been fantastic travelling around the country watching those sides.

Hope all picks up health wise.

Take care chap .

We stayed to the bitter end on Saturday, too! Yes we were in the Brummie! It will be interesting to find out what the deal will be for season tickets next time around, after the garbage we’ve put up with over the past couple of seasons, they should renew our tickets for free! Of course, they won’t. If Lai increases prices at all, the ground won’t be half full. If, by some miracle, we won promotion at the first attempt, I bet that the chinaman will try to recoup some cash by giving the ST prices a big hike.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    We stayed to the bitter end on Saturday, too! Yes we were in the Brummie! It will be interesting to find out what the deal will be for season tickets next time around, after the garbage we’ve put up with over the past couple of seasons, they should renew our tickets for free! Of course, they won’t. If Lai increases prices at all, the ground won’t be half full. If, by some miracle, we won promotion at the first attempt, I bet that the chinaman will try to recoup some cash by giving the ST prices a big hike.
    I think that there should be a substantial reduction in season ticket prices next season to make up for the dross we've had to watch for the last year or so. Anything else would be a further cynical insult to supporters. A group of long term (15+ years) supporters that I know have decided to vote with their feet and not renew. Tempting some of them back will be a challenge. I'm still undecided but unless they appoint a manager who can rebuild a team that has some pride, I'll likely be giving it a miss.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)