+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lack of cutting edge

Lack of cutting edge

The last four matches have produced a total of 1 goal scored. We have played Hibs, Celtic, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle.
    Our 1 man up top formation is not working this season as we are generally playing like a team that finds it difficult to put the ball in the net.
    McInnes set up to stop Partick Thistle at the weekend rather than set up our team to attack them with more attacking minded players rather than using defensive players to do that work.
    Something has to change to make us better attacking and scoring more goals. I suggest Derek McInnes isn’t concerned about our cutting edge and prefers the stop the opposition approach.
    That is a concern as scoring more goals win matches.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The last four matches have produced a total of 1 goal scored. We have played Hibs, Celtic, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle.
    Our 1 man up top formation is not working this season as we are generally playing like a team that finds it difficult to put the ball in the net.
    McInnes set up to stop Partick Thistle at the weekend rather than set up our team to attack them with more attacking minded players rather than using defensive players to do that work.
    Something has to change to make us better attacking and scoring more goals. I suggest Derek McInnes isn’t concerned about our cutting edge and prefers the stop the opposition approach.
    That is a concern as scoring more goals win matches.
    In the 4 before the last 4 we scored 14, so what do you think Mcinnes and the players did differently in those games?

Scored 13 more goals

Quote Originally Posted by millerdon View Post
    In the 4 before the last 4 we scored 14, so what do you think Mcinnes and the players did differently in those games?
    Had a good go at the opposition. He started his ultra negativity against Hibs and it backfired. Our players are looking like they are not comfortable since the Hibs match. Goals scored by us has proven this. We are lacking in confidence going forward but when you start a match against Partick Thistle with 7 defensive players to stop them playing then I suppose that is the answer to a lot of our problems.
    Let’s see how we line up against Kilmarnock and that will prove me right or wrong. I predict we will line up defensively to try to stop them playing. I for one would take penalties if I had the choice. I really cannot see us beating them as they are better organised than us currently.