+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pellegrino gone ..

Pellegrino gone ..

Southampton Football Club can today confirm that it has parted company with First Team Manager Mauricio Pellegrino.

"Assistant Manager Carlos Compagnucci and Assistant First Team Coach Xavier Tamarit have also parted company with the club.

"We would like to place on record our thanks to Mauricio, Carlos and Xavier for their efforts during their time with Southampton, and wish them well for the future.

"The club will look to appoint a new management team as soon as possible, with the search for a replacement already underway”

So long as they don’t want Sean,

Too soft for Sean are Southampton!

Pardew next? Then it will be Dyche for the Baggies!

I believe Steve Kean is looking for a new challenge.

Agent Kean is a honourable inhabitant of Proudsville. What a guy!

I can't believe it's 14 years since Steve Wigley got appointed manager at Southampton. Lasted 14 games.

Anyway, given I work in my firms "Southampton" office (it's Chandler's Ford for God's sake), I'd love them to go down. Especially as one of the secretaries (and she's a right miserable b1tch) referred to Burnley as "minnows" earlier in the season. Cow.

Hughes, Silva, Bilic, in the frame bookie wise at least and in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Anyway, given I work in my firms "Southampton" office (it's Chandler's Ford for God's sake), I'd love them to go down. Especially as one of the secretaries (and she's a right miserable b1tch) referred to Burnley as "minnows" earlier in the season. Cow.
    I loved a comment on a Saints forum after our 1-0 win earlier in the season. "We can't even beat fcuking Burnley for fcuks sake!"

They are the worse team I have seen this season by a country mile!

In the hotel bar before the West Ham game I was chatting to a few of their fans. They said repeatedly "We should be beating teams like Burnley". I reminded them that we are 7th in the league and been up to 4th but they had this fixation that because of the size of the town they should be beating us. I asked them if Arsenal or Chelsea were 7th and they were playing them and not us would they expect to win. They were amazed that I would even think of comparing 'little old Burnley' to a club in the top half of the table....
    All very strange and narrow minded.

Claret_Matelot ----this is the common perception for plenty of football fans. They assume that, because we are not a 'big' club, a city club or have owners with megabucks, we do not even deserve to be in the Premier League. There are a lot of fans who do appreciate what we have achieved, however, they still find it hard to accept where we are when their own clubs are unable to win promotion.
    Fans of clubs that have been involved in the PL for a number of years always expect that they will beat Burnley. This season has been brilliant because we have socked it to them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)