+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jamie Carragher's Grozz

Jamie Carragher's Grozz

Any thoughts on this incident?

I've watched the footage and I actually laughed. Dark sense of humour I guess!

He's done an interview with Sky, apologised to the family over the phone, apologised publicly and he's planning to meet up with the family and apologise face to face as well. He's full of remorse and doesn't condone his behaviour one iota.

People make mistakes.

Lee Hughes made a mistake 100 times worse than grozzing at a car. He was still able to play football. Therefore, in my eyes, Jamie Carragher should still be allowed to do his job and be a pundit once the dust has settled.

I don't have a strong opinion either way but there are plenty of ex footballers who could talk about football for large sums of money who aren't on camera spitting at people.

At some point he may well have to comment on an on pitch spitting incident and that will be awkward. I'm guessing they'll probably sack him.

Wonder if the cocky manure fan is gonna be done for being on the phone whilst driving?
    He bit rather quick,makes you wonder if there is more to it than the bit posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    People make mistakes.
    They do, but one mistake I have never made is winding my window down and gobbing at a 14 year old girl. I'm sure if this was someone with 'Man Ure' connections, plenty of people on here would be foaming at the mouth, a little like Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Wonder if the cocky manure fan is gonna be done for being on the phone whilst driving?
    He bit rather quick,makes you wonder if there is more to it than the bit posted.
    So poor Jamie is the victim is he? They're good at that, aren't they

It's a crime and warrants police prosecution. Has anyone considered the health risks?
    As ex HMP, it was a serious hazard and spitting hoods would be used against culprits.
    To trivialize this as a mistake is sending the wrong message. He spat on a child FFS.
    The fact that this person spat on you speaks volumes to their inability to control themselves, and they probably have done it before. No do not let it go, this is a vile crime. If the person hit you in the mucous membranes (eyes, nose or mouth) the crime gets worse, as the chances of infection are real.

I think he will get the sack from Sky you can't go round doing that no matter who you are but being in the "public eye" makes it worse for him.

Right onto the driver i'm waiting for him to get into trouble as well for a start he should be banned from driving and fined.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I think he will get the sack from Sky you can't go round doing that no matter who you are but being in the "public eye" makes it worse for him.

Right onto the driver i'm waiting for him to get into trouble as well for a start he should be banned from driving and fined.
    I concur.

Carragher isn't wearing a seat belt either

I agree with legs comments but do think he was wearing a seatbelt. I checked the video a few times and I'm sure you could just see it slipped down over his shoulder onto his upper arm.