Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Poison, Putin and politics

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,131

    Poison, Putin and politics

    So the Russians have been given a deadline to explain what exactly their involvement was in the death of the Russian spy and his daughter. The Kremlin isn't having any of it and call the UK reaction a 'circus'.

    Fascinating stuff. Is it an open and shut case of Putin getting revenge on a traitor? Could it be a third party trying to raise tensions even further than they have been recently?

    Who knows? I can't help but think the UK response has been very publicly and purposefully over the top. A bit of scaremongering to get people on side?

    One thing for sure is it will be interesting to see what Theresa Mays next move is after announcing that it was highly likely to be the work of the Russians.

    Time to look out the popcorn.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,412
    Typical sabre rattling from the English.

    They're losing the argument on Europe so all pull together against the fuzzy wuzzies ( or insert baddie here)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    26,170
    Its very interesting. Its a classic case of hypernormalisation. Just shout from the rooftops something is bad (in this case Putin) and the more people hear it the more they will be suckered into believing it

    Shame it wasn't May that got it instead. Horrible c@nt
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 13-03-2018 at 05:09 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    So the Russians have been given a deadline to explain what exactly their involvement was in the death of the Russian spy and his daughter. The Kremlin isn't having any of it and call the UK reaction a 'circus'.

    Fascinating stuff. Is it an open and shut case of Putin getting revenge on a traitor? Could it be a third party trying to raise tensions even further than they have been recently?

    Who knows? I can't help but think the UK response has been very publicly and purposefully over the top. A bit of scaremongering to get people on side?

    One thing for sure is it will be interesting to see what Theresa Mays next move is after announcing that it was highly likely to be the work of the Russians.

    Time to look out the popcorn.
    To overshadow the Budget statement about to be made today, quite obviously.

    Without reading all the poop that's been written, I think the most telling statement from the Kremlin, along the lines of "why the **** would we give a tuppenny hand shandy about a low-rent galoot like him?" points to the boy having upset some Russian mob member or arch-capitalist bastid.

    Everything's for sale in Putinland, so a bit of nerve gas would command a bit of value, and somebody would supply it.

    The main question is, however, pre-substance ingestion, his daughter WYOWYN?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,412
    I would, but would I have to wear one of those giant condoms the police were wearing ( days after the f'uckin event)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    655
    Come on folks, it's a blatant FA conspiracy, heighten the tensions between the two countries so that Britain (England) can boycott the world cup this summer and save their team from embarrassment again. NOTHING to do with politics.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    points to the boy having upset some Russian mob member or arch-capitalist bastid.
    Why not just have him shot then? I can't see them going to the bother of using a weapons grade chemical.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Why not just have him shot then? I can't see them going to the bother of using a weapons grade chemical.
    **** knows.

    I'm fitba, guitars and Victorian fiction, nae international thuggery.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,412
    It'll be MI6

    Tell me, do they exist nowadays?

    Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.


    You just have to be thankful that, at least, we can always trust our side because they always tell the truth.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It'll be MI6

    Tell me, do they exist nowadays?
    MFI went paps up a few years back, and I think MI6 was a subsidiary.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,412
    MFI bust ??


    There is a god after all.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,313
    Putin just likes causing trouble, it's not the first time he's done something like this. Remember that guy who was poisoned with Polonium a few years ago.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,412
    Polony?


    Isn't that some kind of "red" pudding?





    Death by reid pudding supper........gads min.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    Come on folks, it's a blatant FA conspiracy, heighten the tensions between the two countries so that Britain (England) can boycott the world cup this summer and save their team from embarrassment again. NOTHING to do with politics.
    It'll save their support from getting another kicking as well !

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,958
    It smacks a lot of 2002 Iraq to me. The right LOVES a bogeyman as a distraction when they’re in the mother of all redd-ups on the economy and leaving Europe leaving us withoot a pot in which to pish.

    Seen it all before.

    Bloody Commies/Eastern Europeans/Muslims etc etc.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,412
    Aye but now we've identified an enemy we'll all have to pull together.

    Scotland will fall for it as usual.

    If only they could find somebody to declare war against.

    Some Icelandic fishing boats or something.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,131
    Deadline passes with no formal explanation from the Ruskies. Surprise surprise.

    Over to you Theresa May. Sanctions? Expulsions? Extra troops over to Estonia? Or a strongly worded letter asking never to do it again?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Typical sabre rattling from the English.

    They're losing the argument on Europe so all pull together against the fuzzy wuzzies ( or insert baddie here)
    Its Sabre rattling from both sides to be honest, the English just look like minions in it all. The Russians, as expected, have used some strong rhetoric, with the government here trying to look hard as f*ck, but look more like 14 year old with a stone island top on thinking they are a casual. Its all a bit boring and predictable. The government have to look they are doing something, without actually doing anything and Russia just take it all on the chin and spin some yarn about being a nuclear power. This will all be buried under the carpet within the week.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Its Sabre rattling from both sides to be honest, the English just look like minions in it all. The Russians, as expected, have used some strong rhetoric, with the government here trying to look hard as f*ck, but look more like 14 year old with a stone island top on thinking they are a casual. Its all a bit boring and predictable. The government have to look they are doing something, without actually doing anything and Russia just take it all on the chin and spin some yarn about being a nuclear power. This will all be buried under the carpet within the week.
    It's kept Hammond's theft and social asset-stripping off the front pages.

    Job done.

    Cold War rhetoric ramped up - shuts up the Tory pro-EU wing, gets the support of Commie-haters (although their knowledge of Marxist dialectics is probably a bit wanting), racists and general brain-dead wallopers from Muckle Flugga to The Lizard.

    Job done.

    We love a bogeyman, we do.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,131
    She's expelled 23 Russian diplomats/spies

    No more high level bi-lateral talks (what ever that means)

    And no royals will be visiting for the world cup.

    That'll teach them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •