+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Ashley Regime - what will happen?

The Ashley Regime - what will happen?

Hard to say, I know. But what do you think will happen in the summer? Presuming we'll stay up - if not I think Ashley will hang around because he'll want to have a certain valuation met and I doubt he'll get the right offer.
    I just hope that the end is near in terms of him owning this club.

I see we're linked with some players, including some Besiktas player (Tolgay Arslan) whom the Chron rates. But to me it seems that these otherwise fun if not interesting rumours are pointless with Ashley owning the club as we know he doesn't like spending. The transfer windows have always been unpredictable under him, but it's gotten worse lately. January 2018 was a disaster - it's great that we were able to sign Kenedy and Dubravka (and even Slimani) all on loan to help us out, but they were all fluke signings in many ways. It's clear that Ashley was never going to support Rafa.

It's a bit tiring, and potentially dangerous for those of us who can see that Rafa is right for this club, that Ashley is still here.

If we go down, we're fucked.

Ashley has already said he hasn't got the stomach for another relegation.

Which, given the size of his stomach, is quite some statement.

if we stay up, I really hope he sells.

I will re-apply for season tickets if he does.

I would have no problem paying more than I have been for my 3 tickets. but if he stays, me and my two boys will be reluctantly staying away...

(tin hat on, waiting for the inevitable)

If he stays and we stay up, Rafa will leave imo, and it will be more of the same I'm afraid.Lets hope we stay up,he sells,and Rafa stays,Happy days

i've still got my fingers crossed that ashley sucked freddy mercury off.

but to prove i'm not a sick bassa,i'll be happy with him selling up to stavely!

Staveley will have to come in at his evaluation, even if her investors and research are telling her that it's too much.
    If it isn't met, he'll stay and Rafa will walk and we'll languish at the bottom of the table and possible relegation for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    Staveley will have to come in at his evaluation, even if her investors and research are telling her that it's too much.
    If it isn't met, he'll stay and Rafa will walk and we'll languish at the bottom of the table and possible relegation for years to come.
    i'm hoping they did'nt want to stump up fat lads asking price because of uncertainty over relegation,and are comming back with a better offer the second safety is confirmed..tho why plastic mike lied about them not bidding is a mystery....trying to drum up a bigger offer from one of the other mystery intrested party's?..or tantrum because he couldnt get his own way.

tho he is a compulsive bullsh'itterter like!
    Last edited by ranat22; 13-03-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    i'm hoping they did'nt want to stump up fat lads asking price because of uncertainty over relegation,and are comming back with a better offer the second safety is confirmed..tho why plastic mike lied about them not bidding is a mystery....trying to drum up a bigger offer from one of the other mystery intrested party's?..or tantrum because he couldnt get his own way.

tho he is a compulsive bullsh'itterter like!
    True. The worry I have is that if we stay up, Stavely will come back with the 350; at which point, Ashley raises it to 400 or 450.

True. The worry I have is that if we stay up, Stavely will come back with the 350; at which point, Ashley raises it to 400 or 450.
    with the new tv deal being about the same,the slugs asking price should be the same...but who knows with the fat knacker,tho turning down a good offer,losing rafa and starting the season with minimum spend and a pardew type manager is a level of stupidity even fat mike would'nt stoop too............would he?

That's my concern to.

I think the original bid rested on the price of tv money deal, which league we'll be in and the HMRC thing.

Now the tv deal is settled and we'll know the league we're in by end of the season.

I think if we stay up, she'll come back in with another offer, closer to what he wants.

If we go down - we're ****ed, absolutely ****ed. Don't think we'd come straight back up either.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)