Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Plastic Newcastle fans

  1. #1

    Plastic Newcastle fans

    Can someone explain to me how any Newcastle fan can be described as ‘plastic’?
    Would that be the glory hunting, sing when you’re winning types that only follow a club because it’s successful?

    Please.

  2. #2
    to me a plastic is a fan who says he suports the club but doesnt go to games makes excuses as to why they wont or dont go
    blame an owner blah de blah
    a fan goes to games come rain or shine
    makes sacrifices to do so
    who deosnt care if the ground is plastered with someones brand
    doesnt care if an owner doesnt give the money we would all want
    who sits and continually calls the players they supposably support chimpo just to support their continued bashing of an owner

    plastcs use any excuse going to support their claim of why they dont go to games ,i wont give any more of my money to an owner who.....
    i wont go as long as sports direct are plastered allove st james parmblah de blah

    a fan gets in his car ,on the train ,bus etc and gets to rhe ground despite everything that goes on and supports the lads on the field
    a fan doesnt have a go at the lads as long as they try
    a fan doesnt dis credit them just to support their argument
    a fan is allowed to moan at the way they are set up as he is paying to watch and wants to be entertained

    and yes it is the glory hunting fans who keep bleating on about the good 6-8 years they can remember

    supporters support the club for life ,they make sacrifices they take the good with the bad

    they dont let an owner or a brand stop them from supporting the club they say they do
    a fan can say a player aint all that but still egts behind him and cheers th team on he plays for

    dont mix plastic with dillusioned
    Last edited by pboromag; 13-03-2018 at 01:15 AM.

  3. #3
    Trying so hard not to bite. What a *#^king idiot.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    waalsend
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Trying so hard not to bite. What a *#^king idiot.
    keep it bottled up kidda

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    to me a plastic is a fan who says he suports the club but doesnt go to games makes excuses as to why they wont or dont go
    blame an owner blah de blah
    a fan goes to games come rain or shine
    makes sacrifices to do so
    who deosnt care if the ground is plastered with someones brand
    doesnt care if an owner doesnt give the money we would all want
    who sits and continually calls the players they supposably support chimpo just to support their continued bashing of an owner

    plastcs use any excuse going to support their claim of why they dont go to games ,i wont give any more of my money to an owner who.....
    i wont go as long as sports direct are plastered allove st james parmblah de blah

    a fan gets in his car ,on the train ,bus etc and gets to rhe ground despite everything that goes on and supports the lads on the field
    a fan doesnt have a go at the lads as long as they try
    a fan doesnt dis credit them just to support their argument
    a fan is allowed to moan at the way they are set up as he is paying to watch and wants to be entertained

    and yes it is the glory hunting fans who keep bleating on about the good 6-8 years they can remember

    supporters support the club for life ,they make sacrifices they take the good with the bad

    they dont let an owner or a brand stop them from supporting the club they say they do
    a fan can say a player aint all that but still egts behind him and cheers th team on he plays for

    dont mix plastic with dillusioned
    So your biggest mate on this board Ghost aka Wilf who you support at every post has never been to a Toon game.

    A genuine 100% plastic in your eyes but he’s your best mate on here now I find that very strange.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    19,379
    What about those 1000's who would love to be able to go but can't either afford to because they financially put their families first or are finding it so difficult to provide that they have to work every hour available to them.

    Those working for police or emergency services on shifts to keep the "non plastic" fans safe.

    No it's not as easy as that. Those who label fans as plastic are those who are arrogant, ignorant, bumptious non thinkers who are so inferior that they have to weakly create dispute to cover their own inadequacy.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    What about those 1000's who would love to be able to go but can't either afford to because they financially put their families first or are finding it so difficult to provide that they have to work every hour available to them.

    Those working for police or emergency services on shifts to keep the "non plastic" fans safe.

    No it's not as easy as that. Those who label fans as plastic are those who are arrogant, ignorant, bumptious non thinkers who are so inferior that they have to weakly create dispute to cover their own inadequacy.
    You can include carers who live a distance away like myself in that.This is the first season since 1957 that I haven't been to a game.If I still lived in Wallsend I could slip away for a couple of hours and need not miss a home game.Even when I was in the Merchant Navy I always went for part of a season.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherterrymac View Post
    so your biggest mate on this board ghost aka wilf who you support at every post has never been to a toon game.

    A genuine 100% plastic in your eyes but he’s your best mate on here now i find that very strange.
    you dont know he has been or hasnt been
    you have fallen into the trap that al others have with differing views to him
    he isnt a mate
    no more than jude is who ii have met or any of the others i have met
    he is someone who i agree with some of his thoughts

    im sure plat
    manymany real fans make sacrifices to support their team
    as i say the plastics make excuses at every level
    i have a family
    i make sacrifices to take them to the games and i know loads of people that do
    im sure theose working for the police etc dont work 7 days a week 365 days a year AND A LAD WHO IS A FIREFIGHTER COMES TO GAMES WITH ME WHEN HIS SHIFT ALLOWS ANOTHER IS A PARAMEDIC AND DOES THE SAME ONE WHO COMES OCCASIONALLY IS A NURSE IN AN OLD PEOPLES HOME ONE LAD IS IN THE MARINES AND SPENDS MONTHS AWAY BUT WHEN HOME HE COMES TO GAMES OR TAKES HIS KIDS
    i work very long hours but still make sacrifices and go to games TRY IT SOME TIME .

    i appreciate they and i cnt go to every game but its the plastics like some on here who harp on about the old times yet say they have to work 7 days a week 365 days a year for their kids and cant go to games IM SURE THEIR KIDS AND FAMILY WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEIR DAD /GRANDAD ENJOY HIMSELF AND GO TO A FEW GAMES .IF YOU ARE WORKING THAT HARD TAKE THEM WITH YOU
    or those that say i stopped supporting the toon several years ago as i didnt want to give ash any of my money (original excuse number 12) or i aint going into the ground as long as there is sports direct advertising all over the place

    plastics are the ones that use the same excuse brought up by others such as family and distance and ash and sports direct that cant think for themselves and usually cant afford it either but use any excuse other than admitting the real reason

    a real fan supports his team through thick and thin
    a real fan makes sacrifices
    a real fan doesnt call the players he is supposably supporting fizzy players when they give their all just to continually have a go at the owner (and quite clearly arent fizzy players)
    areal fan can think for himself
    Last edited by pboromag; 13-03-2018 at 07:22 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    19,379
    Well then you certainly can't justify your last sentence to yourself.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    you can include carers who live a distance away like myself in that.this is the first season since 1957 that i haven't been to a game.if i still lived in wallsend i could slip away for a couple of hours and need not miss a home game.even when i was in the merchant navy i always went for part of a season.
    because you are a real fan
    anyone can find the time if they want to
    i live 200 miles away and still go to the games
    because i want to and i make sacrifices
    i dont care who owns us
    what advetrisisng they take on
    what league we are in
    how much we spend
    how much we make

    i just support the lads on the pitch

  11. #11
    what a load of bullshyte ! so the posters from the USA , Norway Austrailia and other overseas climates who come on here to talk to other supporters are plastic cause they don,t go to the matches? you say we should support all things united well how about supporting the manager ! how about supporting the geordie supporters instead of deriding them ! your just a "loads-of-money " character bulling it up

  12. #12
    Ron you forgot to mention the real fans who DO CARE what shyte is plastered all over the ground, and who owns us etc etc etc.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Can someone explain to me how any Newcastle fan can be described as ‘plastic’?
    Would that be the glory hunting, sing when you’re winning types that only follow a club because it’s successful?

    Please.
    a plastic fan was and always will be the name given to someone not from the area of the club.

  14. #14
    The only real 'plastics' are the fans who support a team other than their local one because they want the associated glory of winning trophies. Currently it's Man City, recently it's been Man U, Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal.

    But, even then, who is anyone to say you can't support who you want?

  15. #15
    Yeah that's right,my brother in law is a man utd fan,whos never ever been to ol;d Trafford and hes 53!.Of course hes from Plymouth ffs how can he justify that. Now THAT is a plastic!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    what a load of bullshyte ! So the posters from the usa , norway austrailia and other overseas climates who come on here to talk to other supporters are plastic cause they don,t go to the matches? You say we should support all things united well how about supporting the manager ! How about supporting the geordie supporters instead of deriding them ! Your just a "loads-of-money " character bulling it up
    just support the lads on the pitch
    if you say support the manager why not support the owner ???

    A real fan shouldnt are what is arounfd the ground
    wht differance does it matter if you have sports dirct or northern rock

    none what so ever

    if it wasnt for sports direct and the fortune it has made ash
    we would probabaly be in div 3 under sheppard and his lot wjho had no more emoney but thats a different argument
    so i wil take on the lads from overseas but i dont think any of them have been labelled plastic
    just the numptys here who hide behind excuses

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    3,200
    Plastic fans are very simple.
    If someone is a fan of one club but changes their allegiance to another club on the basis of them winning things, then changes back or to a club that's doing even better than that club, then they are plastic fans. Also known as glory hunters and weak supporters.

    Fair weather fans are those fans that support their club but only do so when everything appears to fit their comfort zone but who will still stick with that same club.

    Thick and thin supporters are those who will (if finances/geographical location/health permits) still support and be a full on fan no matter who or what is at the club or where that club is in terms of league standing or how they play.

    The right to be excited and to whine and moan is part and parcel of being a fan/supporter.

    Nobody has to go to every game to be a true fan or supporter but you do have to go to every game to be classed as a 100% true SPECTATOR of your club, home and away.
    How many can claim that?
    My guess is nobody.

  18. #18
    Plastic fans are those that genuine fans look down on for a range of random criteria.

    The judgement of who is a "plastic" is made by those who don't understand what it takes to make a club a global brand.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    to me a plastic is a fan who says he suports the club but doesnt go to games makes excuses as to why they wont or dont go
    blame an owner blah de blah
    a fan goes to games come rain or shine
    makes sacrifices to do so
    who deosnt care if the ground is plastered with someones brand
    doesnt care if an owner doesnt give the money we would all want
    who sits and continually calls the players they supposably support chimpo just to support their continued bashing of an owner
    You're basically saying that fans shouldn't be critical and just take it all in without questioning anything, and yet what you do every day is the exact opposite?

    Thus, you're a plastic because you keep criticizing Rafa.

  20. #20
    but i dont stop going because of rafa

    so you miss the point

    i wont let an owner or a manager or whats plastered on the walls stop me from supporting the lads on the pitch

    i dont care what league we are in
    if we have any money if we dont ,how much we spend etc etc etc

    you have to be a pussy to stop going due to your dislike for a person or the advertising surely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •