+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Newcastle fans

what a load of bullshyte ! so the posters from the USA , Norway Austrailia and other overseas climates who come on here to talk to other supporters are plastic cause they don,t go to the matches? you say we should support all things united well how about supporting the manager ! how about supporting the geordie supporters instead of deriding them ! your just a "loads-of-money " character bulling it up

Ron you forgot to mention the real fans who DO CARE what shyte is plastered all over the ground, and who owns us etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Can someone explain to me how any Newcastle fan can be described as ‘plastic’?
    Would that be the glory hunting, sing when you’re winning types that only follow a club because it’s successful?

Please.
    a plastic fan was and always will be the name given to someone not from the area of the club.

The only real 'plastics' are the fans who support a team other than their local one because they want the associated glory of winning trophies. Currently it's Man City, recently it's been Man U, Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal.

But, even then, who is anyone to say you can't support who you want?

Yeah that's right,my brother in law is a man utd fan,whos never ever been to ol;d Trafford and hes 53!.Of course hes from Plymouth ffs how can he justify that. Now THAT is a plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    what a load of bullshyte ! So the posters from the usa , norway austrailia and other overseas climates who come on here to talk to other supporters are plastic cause they don,t go to the matches? You say we should support all things united well how about supporting the manager ! How about supporting the geordie supporters instead of deriding them ! Your just a "loads-of-money " character bulling it up
    just support the lads on the pitch
    if you say support the manager why not support the owner ???

A real fan shouldnt are what is arounfd the ground
    wht differance does it matter if you have sports dirct or northern rock

none what so ever

if it wasnt for sports direct and the fortune it has made ash
    we would probabaly be in div 3 under sheppard and his lot wjho had no more emoney but thats a different argument
    so i wil take on the lads from overseas but i dont think any of them have been labelled plastic
    just the numptys here who hide behind excuses

Plastic fans are very simple.
    If someone is a fan of one club but changes their allegiance to another club on the basis of them winning things, then changes back or to a club that's doing even better than that club, then they are plastic fans. Also known as glory hunters and weak supporters.

Fair weather fans are those fans that support their club but only do so when everything appears to fit their comfort zone but who will still stick with that same club.

Thick and thin supporters are those who will (if finances/geographical location/health permits) still support and be a full on fan no matter who or what is at the club or where that club is in terms of league standing or how they play.

The right to be excited and to whine and moan is part and parcel of being a fan/supporter.

Nobody has to go to every game to be a true fan or supporter but you do have to go to every game to be classed as a 100% true SPECTATOR of your club, home and away.
    How many can claim that?
    My guess is nobody.

Plastic fans are those that genuine fans look down on for a range of random criteria.

The judgement of who is a "plastic" is made by those who don't understand what it takes to make a club a global brand.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    to me a plastic is a fan who says he suports the club but doesnt go to games makes excuses as to why they wont or dont go
    blame an owner blah de blah
    a fan goes to games come rain or shine
    makes sacrifices to do so
    who deosnt care if the ground is plastered with someones brand
    doesnt care if an owner doesnt give the money we would all want
    who sits and continually calls the players they supposably support chimpo just to support their continued bashing of an owner
    You're basically saying that fans shouldn't be critical and just take it all in without questioning anything, and yet what you do every day is the exact opposite?

Thus, you're a plastic because you keep criticizing Rafa.

but i dont stop going because of rafa

so you miss the point

i wont let an owner or a manager or whats plastered on the walls stop me from supporting the lads on the pitch

i dont care what league we are in
    if we have any money if we dont ,how much we spend etc etc etc

you have to be a ***** to stop going due to your dislike for a person or the advertising surely

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)