+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Should be boycott the World Cup?

Sport already is political, the Olympics and the World Cup very political.

I think this is more important than football.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Is it just me misinterpreting events but has there been any solid proof that Russia is actually the culprit?

Yes there are indicators and suspicions but real proof?
    The government seems 100% convinced.

Is there more known about this than we have been made aware of? If not, and merely the use of this particular nerve agent amounts to proof that it was Russia, then the Russians have effectively left their business cards on the victims, like the hooligan "firms" used to do in the 70s (FSB headhunters?)

This suggests that the Russians wanted it to be known that it was them. There are much more anonymous ways of bumping somebody off.

A message to any other would be defectors?
    A message to our government - "yes we did it. What are you going to do about it?"

I'd rather we boycotted the Winter Olympics - waste of good snow.

No point in boycott unless we also refuse to televise all the games, which is never going to happen. 2 weeks and its old news, until it happens again . Pointless rhetoric from an ineffectual government ( and shadow government)

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The government seems 100% convinced.

Is there more known about this than we have been made aware of? If not, and merely the use of this particular nerve agent amounts to proof that it was Russia, then the Russians have effectively left their business cards on the victims, like the hooligan "firms" used to do in the 70s (FSB headhunters?)

This suggests that the Russians wanted it to be known that it was them. There are much more anonymous ways of bumping somebody off.

A message to any other would be defectors?
    A message to our government - "yes we did it. What are you going to do about it?"
    I think PM May said it was "highly likely" it was Russia so not categorically with proof that it was.

The media might report it as proof but it isn't.

Personally I think it's likely to be Russia to blame either directly or by assisting somebody else but I would need the proven guilty verdict before rushing in with rash actions we might later regret.

If we do boycott the world cup then I would expect some solidarity with the rest of Europe and expect them to also boycott.

Oh look, there goes a flying euro pig

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    No point in boycott unless we also refuse to televise all the games, which is never going to happen. 2 weeks and its old news, until it happens again . Pointless rhetoric from an ineffectual government ( and shadow government)
    Agreed! Question is what can the Government do? Invade Russia? Or get rid off a few from embassy and put pressure on the super rich Russians who are living here? Not too much pressure mind you. Has anyone seen McMafia? Dark forces at work.

I don't really care as I won't be watching it anyway.

I stopped watching England when the FA appointed Gareth Southgate. Total lack of ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    I don't really care as I won't be watching it anyway.

I stopped watching England when the FA appointed Gareth Southgate. Total lack of ambition.
    Got to disagree Gareth Southgate is probably best one for the job (only one who’s take job) let’s face it Erickson, aladice capelo hodgson were only after the money and the majority of the players just wanted to go on holiday.

Tbh I was the only one who bet on Iceland to beat us in euros, I got some right stick “where’s the faith?” Traitor , barrio backstabio , I just replied I do have faith I have faith that England will be on the first flight home tomorrow with Rooney plane waiting for him when he land.

Go & win the fecking thing,job done.

We should pull the World Cup out of Russia.

A corrupt FIFA gave the world cup to Russia,a country that has state sponsored doping and state sponsored poisoning.

British citizens will be at risk of death or serious injury if they go to Russia.

Assuming the World Cup goes ahead in Russia then we should withdraw and I would like to think other EU countries may do the same..France may be

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast