+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T Should be boycott the World Cup?

'I don't care if they hate me - just as long as they fear me.'

Said, appropriately enough, by Caligula but is equally applicable to Putin.

And Kerr is right. The west en masse should hit back at Russia through severe economic sanctions as well as isolating the country from all sporting events starting with the World Cup. Putin's blatant tyranny can't be defeated militarily but if countries like France, Germany and other major footballing nations boycotted the World Cup this would lower Russia's prestige and standing both at home and abroad.
    Perhaps then he would be ousted.

I think a lot of people are living in dreamland lots of if this if that on this thread, when some of the stuff on here makes transformers look like real life

I think the point i was making with the gas, is how far are we prepared to go with sanctions. Missing the world cup on its own will only be a small gesture. Bit like not turning up to a friend of a friends party.would the BBC still broadcast it?

Young Mr Kinnock said this morning that consideration should be given to posponing the world cup at least for a year. He stated that this will do more damage to Putin after the millions he has invested into hosting it.

In regards to the gas issue. Hasn't the government suggested that drilling for shale gas will stop the reliance on other nations?

The Russian people are starting to turn against him, his next election "win" will probably be his last.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The Russian people are starting to turn against him, his next election "win" will probably be his last.
    Can it be called an election if he has no oposition?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I think a lot of people are living in dreamland lots of if this if that on this thread, when some of the stuff on here makes transformers look like real life
    What Transformers is not real since when ??
    😮

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Can it be called an election if he has no oposition?
    "Election" "win" then.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "Election" "win" then.
    Yep. Everyone who stands against him are found to be not desirable.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nding-against/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345