Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Burton Albion

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Burton Albion

So after the missed opportunity in what by all accounts was a dire spectacle at Ipswich, tonight we face Burton Albion in the rearranged fixture from the 3rd of March..... And surely this has got to be a way to get back to winning ways. Nothing is certain in football though, and we'll need to have a cutting edge to get past the parked bus....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Please not unchanged...

Surely Clarke and Duffy have to start if fit ?

Ched does not appear to be the answer....

Really hoping for a performance of some quality tonight, and if we can get that early goal, I fancy us to get a few. That'll be the problem though if we don't score early. I'm gonna be optimistic though, and suggest a 4-0 Blades win, with the early goal making the difference, and a move back up to 7th with more than all to play for after that....

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So after the missed opportunity in what by all accounts was a dire spectacle at Ipswich, tonight we face Burton Albion in the rearranged fixture from the 3rd of March..... And surely this has got to be a way to get back to winning ways. Nothing is certain in football though, and we'll need to have a cutting edge to get past the parked bus....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Please not unchanged...

Surely Clarke and Duffy have to start if fit ?

Ched does not appear to be the answer....

Really hoping for a performance of some quality tonight, and if we can get that early goal, I fancy us to get a few. That'll be the problem though if we don't score early. I'm gonna be optimistic though, and suggest a 4-0 Blades win, with the early goal making the difference, and a move back up to 7th with more than all to play for after that....

UTB
    I just want a win mate,if we play gr8 as well that's a bonus.2-1 win for the MIGHTY BLADES,i think Duffy will start and i would start Leon if he's fit enuff.UTCB

most important match of the season

Comfortable victory tonight,and if he is starting,I am having a shiny sixpence on Ched to score tonight

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Comfortable victory tonight,and if he is starting,I am having a shiny sixpence on Ched to score tonight
    We do have to win this match - confident we can - nothing to lose - go for it Blades
    UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    We do have to win this match - confident we can - nothing to lose - go for it Blades
    UTB
    Trust me Aya on this,get your Pipe and Slippers out,pour a glass of Red and savour our victory

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Trust me Aya on this,get your Pipe and Slippers out,pour a glass of Red and savour our victory
    You know better than to tempt fate Blocky

are you mad.BD? ..I gave up smoking years ago 😂

are you mad.BD? ..I gave up smoking years ago ��
    The way it's going you might be starting again.

You know who is going to sh!t on our victory dont you,that leg breaker Sordell,he's scored before at the Kop end.

Most important game off the season,Burton Albion at home,who would have thought it.to be fair good ground,tense atmosphere a,excellent fan base I give you a 2-0 win .hope Brayford plays .he would have enjoyed it.Some key defenders out,and our game is about defence.Hope it is a shock result.But good luck for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    The way it's going you might be starting again.
    don't miss it to be honest TT - which I never thought I would say. I used to smoke approx 6 each game - which would drive the people I sat next to in the South Stand mad. I would invoke "the lucky fag" if we needed a goal - and more times than not it would work although I used to have to keep smoking it for approx 15 mins

don't miss it to be honest TT - which I never thought I would say. I used to smoke approx 6 each game - which would drive the people I sat next to in the South Stand mad. I would invoke "the lucky fag" if we needed a goal - and more times than not it would work although I used to have to keep smoking it for approx 15 mins
    I was applying for travel insurance and was asked the "have you ever smoked?" question.

In my normal light hearted, amiable style I said I had never smoked well , except probably for once behind the bike sheds at school.

When the policy came it quoted me word for word.

I tend not to do it online these days!

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I was applying for travel insurance and was asked the "have you ever smoked?" question.

In my normal light hearted, amiable style I said I had never smoked well , except probably for once behind the bike sheds at school.

When the policy came it quoted me word for word.

I tend not to do it online these days!
    Brilliant - yet more confirmation that the world's going mad

2 points off the playoffs and 3 off fifth spot. The impossible is still possible.

A few might think that we should be blowing teams like Burton away, but I promise you Lads that in every promotion season since I started supporting United we’ve had games and results like tonight, in fact sometimes we’ve had to settle for a draw. Teams are fighting for their lives right now and in fairness I think Burton did Cloughy and their fans proud. They’ve got a couple of tough games but after that they’ve got teams around them to play and I hope they can get out of it...of course I hope even more that it’s at the Pork’s expense.

Burton played very well,great substitution with Brooks,he is class that kid.

This win should make the players very determined against Forest.

Likewise Aya.
    I stopped about 8 years ago. Smoked about 30 a day for over 30 years.
    Haven't touched or missed one since packing in. What a mug for wasting all that money and damaging my health when I always had the strength to bin the stupid habit!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Likewise Aya.
    Haven't touched or missed one since packing in. What a mug for wasting all that money and damaging my health when I always had the strength to bin the stupid habit!
    I stopped 10 years ago SBT but two things make me want to light up, watching the Blades and having a pint. ( Too old for a drink before and a smoke after situations). From time to time still could murder a fag.
    All that wasted money over 40+ years!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Likewise Aya.
    Trouble is, SBT, I now eat a lot more crisps, biscuits and chocolate - always with my coffee/alcohol......so not sure which is worse for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast