+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Burton Albion

Most important game off the season,Burton Albion at home,who would have thought it.to be fair good ground,tense atmosphere a,excellent fan base I give you a 2-0 win .hope Brayford plays .he would have enjoyed it.Some key defenders out,and our game is about defence.Hope it is a shock result.But good luck for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    The way it's going you might be starting again.
    don't miss it to be honest TT - which I never thought I would say. I used to smoke approx 6 each game - which would drive the people I sat next to in the South Stand mad. I would invoke "the lucky fag" if we needed a goal - and more times than not it would work although I used to have to keep smoking it for approx 15 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    don't miss it to be honest TT - which I never thought I would say. I used to smoke approx 6 each game - which would drive the people I sat next to in the South Stand mad. I would invoke "the lucky fag" if we needed a goal - and more times than not it would work although I used to have to keep smoking it for approx 15 mins
    I was applying for travel insurance and was asked the "have you ever smoked?" question.

In my normal light hearted, amiable style I said I had never smoked well , except probably for once behind the bike sheds at school.

When the policy came it quoted me word for word.

I tend not to do it online these days!

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I was applying for travel insurance and was asked the "have you ever smoked?" question.

In my normal light hearted, amiable style I said I had never smoked well , except probably for once behind the bike sheds at school.

When the policy came it quoted me word for word.

I tend not to do it online these days!
    Brilliant - yet more confirmation that the world's going mad

2 points off the playoffs and 3 off fifth spot. The impossible is still possible.

A few might think that we should be blowing teams like Burton away, but I promise you Lads that in every promotion season since I started supporting United we’ve had games and results like tonight, in fact sometimes we’ve had to settle for a draw. Teams are fighting for their lives right now and in fairness I think Burton did Cloughy and their fans proud. They’ve got a couple of tough games but after that they’ve got teams around them to play and I hope they can get out of it...of course I hope even more that it’s at the Pork’s expense.

Burton played very well,great substitution with Brooks,he is class that kid.

This win should make the players very determined against Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Likewise Aya.
    I stopped about 8 years ago. Smoked about 30 a day for over 30 years.
    Haven't touched or missed one since packing in. What a mug for wasting all that money and damaging my health when I always had the strength to bin the stupid habit!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Likewise Aya.
    Haven't touched or missed one since packing in. What a mug for wasting all that money and damaging my health when I always had the strength to bin the stupid habit!
    I stopped 10 years ago SBT but two things make me want to light up, watching the Blades and having a pint. ( Too old for a drink before and a smoke after situations). From time to time still could murder a fag.
    All that wasted money over 40+ years!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Likewise Aya.
    Trouble is, SBT, I now eat a lot more crisps, biscuits and chocolate - always with my coffee/alcohol......so not sure which is worse for me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast