+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millers/MK Dons played for both

Millers/MK Dons played for both

Thought it would be best for a separate thread

Can you remember them?

http://bit.ly/pfbmkdrot18

This club isn't and shouldn't be called Dons. The real Wimbledon club is at Wimbledon, with supporters there and they are the true Dons.

We should come up with something that resembles the nature of this club

You’re right Froggy, don’t know why I didn’t put fakes in the title

Isn't this the fault of the football authorities though who shouldn't have allowed this to happen in the first place.
    Pete Winkleman presumably asked if he could do it and he was told yes.

I'm sure one of our ex Chairmen made the same suggestions for us and it might have been Anton Johnson.

I agree with that Flourbasher but now the real Dons are back then they should return the name. Winkleman said that he's close to needing financial help with the club. They could get a boost of publicity from it.

One our best prospects for years had his playing career finished there dreadful afternoon to witness

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Isn't this the fault of the football authorities though who shouldn't have allowed this to happen in the first place.
    Pete Winkleman presumably asked if he could do it and he was told yes.

I'm sure one of our ex Chairmen made the same suggestions for us and it might have been Anton Johnson.
    Imo it was very wrong for the authorities to do that, maybe they were convinced it was a good idea to insult the real Dons some more.

While I agree that the authorities should never have allowed this to happen, I also think there's a lot of false sympathy for the old Wimbledon.
    As I recall they weren't the most popular club in the league before things started to go wrong for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    While I agree that the authorities should never have allowed this to happen, I also think there's a lot of false sympathy for the old Wimbledon.
    As I recall they weren't the most popular club in the league before things started to go wrong for them.
    I quite liked them. They were unpopular with the elite because they were seen as gate crashing the big boys league. They were irreverent, disrespectful and downright aggressive with the so called stars of the wealthy clubs and were masters at unsettling away teams - loud music, red hot changing rooms, cold showers, long before other clubs adopted similar tactics. I thought the Crazy Gang brought a breath of fresh air into the game and to be sacrificed for MK Dons in the way they were brought shame to the game.

Do you mean thugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast