+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boycott or not.....

Boycott or not.....

for the England team to pull out of the World cup. With regard to the pallaver over the 2 Russians who were attacked.

For me I would say NO, keep sport out of politics, besides the Russians would not give a toss. And think of all the England fans who have paid good money to watch the qualifilng games and would be denied watching the World Cup.

An England boycott would not make Putin lose any sleep..but a boycott would mean being banned from the next one. Even though it will be in Qatar,which no football fan really wants know, it would mean no World Cup until 2026 at the earliest. Can’t see it happening.

Russia should never of got it in the first place.

Do we really want to be a part of this one and the next one? I wouldn't miss it. Exit

I'm with Gaz 100%. Politics and corruption are ruining football anyway. It's not going to affect me as a Carlisle supporter. FIFA can gtf.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    for the England team to pull out of the World cup. With regard to the pallaver over the 2 Russians who were attacked.

For me I would say NO, keep sport out of politics, besides the Russians would not give a toss. And think of all the England fans who have paid good money to watch the qualifilng games and would be denied watching the World Cup.
    wotcha Clawmeister
    sport and politics do go hand in hand sadly, as a fan you have no influence anyway, you are nothing less than a hostage to the institution they call MONEY or FINANCE, call it what you will its all gone tits up imo....

take care now fella
    john.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    wotcha Clawmeister
    sport and politics do go hand in hand sadly, as a fan you have no influence anyway, you are nothing less than a hostage to the institution they call MONEY or FINANCE, call it what you will its all gone tits up imo....

take care now fella
    john.
    You are keeping a low profile lately John.. Hope you are well mate..