+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rads kicks off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rads kicks off

Been on Talksport this morning talking to Jim White. Spoke about following the Wolves model of acquiring top players on a play now sign later scheme that the league leaders have been using successfully this season but wants clarification on the legalities of it. In other words putting the ball in the Leagues court, if they say it's legal and Wolves have done nothing wrong then he has contacts and friends that would make it possible to follow the model adopted by Wolves. Also unhappy with the attitude of players signed on long contracts not applying themselves to getting the team into the playoffs and generally questioning the motivation of players and in effect saying some might and will be out the door in the summer.
    Good to hear that he is aware of all the things the fans have been stating on sites like this for some time now. He's the owner and has every right to let the slackers know it's not good enough, if they can't get motivated by 30,000 crowds at ER and the best away support in the league then best they get out of here this summer and bring in the personnel that can do the job.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Sounds good
    Nonesense

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Sounds good
    I agree.

Seems others do also if this poll is any indication:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ters-1-9062503

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    I agree.

Seems others do also if this poll is any indication:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ters-1-9062503
    Lies, damned lies and statistics, you can find support for whatever side of the argument you're on.

There are links I've posted previously, and another here;

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wh...s-the-verdict/

All of which would suggest that Radrizzani has overstepped the mark.

Doesn't matter really, we'll see how the players perform on Friday at home, following the "pep talk" from the owner (compared to the half-decent performance against Reading away before he got on his hind legs), won't we?

And before anyone gets all excited, of course I want a win, and for a clean sheet for BPF on the back of a good performance by the back four, etc etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 1st team starters are less than motivated (guess who), we will see.
    Last edited by WTF11; 14-03-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Lies, damned lies and statistics, you can find support for whatever side of the argument you're on.

There are links I've posted previously, and another here;

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wh...s-the-verdict/

All of which would suggest that Radrizzani has overstepped the mark.

Doesn't matter really, we'll see how the players perform on Friday at home, following the "pep talk" from the owner (compared to the half-decent performance against Reading away before he got on his hind legs), won't we?

And before anyone gets all excited, of course I want a win, and for a clean sheet for BPF on the back of a good performance by the back four, etc etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the 1st team starters are less than motivated (guess who), we will see.

We could always keep voting until we get the outcome you want WTF?

Posting a blog wrote by a Reading fan and you think that won't be a tad biased?

Also the handful of comments aren't exactly damning are they?

I don't disagree with AR's comments nor do I believe writing to the FA & EFL is sour grapes like you think. There are questions to be asked about the model Wolves are using this season and the more I read about it the more dodgy it seems so good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    We could always keep voting until we get the outcome you want WTF?

Posting a blog wrote by a Reading fan and you think that won't be a tad biased?

Also the handful of comments aren't exactly damning are they?

I don't disagree with AR's comments nor do I believe writing to the FA & EFL is sour grapes like you think. There are questions to be asked about the model Wolves are using this season and the more I read about it the more dodgy it seems so good on him.
    I was merely pointing out (and previous links have been from what you (might) consider less "partisan" sources), that there are as many for or against, depending on which source you choose to use.

You can agree or not with the comments about Wolves, (although writing to the FA/EFL seems slightly contradictory, seeing as he stated in the same interview that he wants to copy their methods of getting players in!), and that wasn't my point and you surely must know that. It was the medium used, the scatter-gun nature and the sour grapes flavour (especially when viewed against his other comments about wanting to actually emulate what Wolves have done, made in the same interview),;

https://www.footballinsider247.com/h...ds-masterplan/

Whether we should be excited about what he said about wanting to copy Wolves is debatable! But as you think it's "dodgy" maybe Radrizzani will change his mind (as if).

Don't think we'll get beat on Friday myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Don't think we'll get beat on Friday myself.
    which friday is this then ? you senile old goat lol

Sorry Mick, I agree that it's nice to see some involvement from the owner, but he is the architect of the current situation. After all, he is the owner, he appointed the DoF and other board representatives, he must have approved the appointment of Christiansen, and the influx of sub-standard players that both he (Christiansen) and Heckingbottom are saddled with, ,amongst the few quality players we are all aware of.

To cry foul against Wolves is sour grapes, and is unlikely to get any reaction. Going on to Talksport and bleating about a group of players that HIS club have appointed and in many cases given long contracts to on the basis of next to f00k all performance is likely to get even less favourable reactions, as in;

https://www.footballinsider247.com/l...t-own-players/

There are things Radrizzani should be doing, and they don't include mouthing of about the players in general. Giving a b0ll0cking happens behind closed door, and is targeted, doing so in a scatter-gun approach on the radio is unlikely to generate a positive result (after all, what can the club do with the likes of Sacko, Anita, Wiedwald etc etc, sack them?
    Last edited by WTF11; 13-03-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)