+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New players on Sean’s Radar

New players on Sean’s Radar

Burnley's Sean Dyche a long-term admirer of Aron Gunnarsson, who has rejected Cardiff City contract

Burnley manager Sean Dyche is a long-term admirer of Cardiff City midfielder Aron Gunnarsson, according to the Daily Mirror [March 13th, page 50].

The report claims Gunnarsson's future is dependent on Cardiff's promotion this season, after the 28-year-old turned down the Bluebirds' offer of a new contract - with his existing one due to expire in June.

And Burnley could pounce on the Iceland international for nothing if an agreement cannot be reached in the coming months.

Our own Iceman will no doubt be tapping him up over the odd Russian Vodka or two.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Our own Iceman will no doubt be tapping him up over the odd Russian Vodka or two.
    Yes but it seems unlikely Cardiff won’t get promotion with Villa losing last night.

Fcuking Warnock back in the Prem!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes but it seems unlikely Cardiff won’t get promotion with Villa losing last night.
    That posts confused me ..please explain OC.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    ...report claims Gunnarsson's future is dependent on Cardiff's promotion this season...
    What difference should that make? Even if Cardiff are promoted, an ambitious player might well prefer to sign with one of the more estabished Premiership clubs, particularly one who've proved their Premiership credentials, are already there or thereabouts with regard to European football, as well as a squad of ever more internationally capped players.

Wow, that was fun to write! Am I really saying that about BFC? Pinch me, perhaps it's all a dream?

Thanks for picking this up afloat.
    I agree it’s possible but am reminded of the Dale Stephens saga, though his contract had a year to run at the time.

I thinks Stephens was cute. He got his wage hike, he got the four year contract and he did not have to move back up north!

Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post
    What difference should that make? Even if Cardiff are promoted, an ambitious player might well prefer to sign with one of the more estabished Premiership clubs, particularly one who've proved their Premiership credentials, are already there or thereabouts with regard to European football, as well as a squad of ever more internationally capped players.

Wow, that was fun to write! Am I really saying that about BFC? Pinch me, perhaps it's all a dream?
    Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thinks Stephens was cute. He got his wage hike, he got the four year contract and he did not have to move back up north!
    Thank the Lord.

I don't rate him.

Would have done a Westwood job but we need a bit more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)