+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Salisbury Poisoning

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh c’mon Andy, you’re better than that. 71 people died in dreadful circumstances...if that’s not enough the point surely is...how many other UK tower blocks have dangerous cladding and sub standard fire doors?
    Our Government engages in the making of an international incident following an apparent attempt on the life of a Russian double agent. A week later some Salisbury folk are told to wash their clothes yet it takes almost nine months for the truth to come out about the Grenfell Tower fire doors.
    We're off the subject but I stand by what I said. First, Grenfell was undoubtedly a tragedy whether there is blame to be attached or not. I wouldn't wish untimely demise on my worst enemy, never mind such innocents. It also brought out the best in those who rushed to help. But, I see no difference in culpability between those who may be found to have ignored/got round fire protection/building/health and safety laws and those who, for instance, have deceived the authorities into providing 'support' (running into sums exceeding my income for sure) to which they clearly have no entitlement. What I will admit in agreement with you (I think I made that point) is that the govt (any govt, any colour) is capable of inflating/suppressing any incident that comes along to suit their needs and have done so many times in the past

Especially poor Home Secretaries

Andy your spot on the only person who has been to court over Grenfell was the poor bugger who police discovered evidence that he had been growing a bit of cannabis

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    We're off the subject but I stand by what I said. First, Grenfell was undoubtedly a tragedy whether there is blame to be attached or not. I wouldn't wish untimely demise on my worst enemy, never mind such innocents. It also brought out the best in those who rushed to help. But, I see no difference in culpability between those who may be found to have ignored/got round fire protection/building/health and safety laws and those who, for instance, have deceived the authorities into providing 'support' (running into sums exceeding my income for sure) to which they clearly have no entitlement. What I will admit in agreement with you (I think I made that point) is that the govt (any govt, any colour) is capable of inflating/suppressing any incident that comes along to suit their needs and have done so many times in the past
    We’re not, imo, entirely off the subject. The subject is, at least partly, how the Government handles major issues. Where Russia is concerned they appear to have acted impetuously, not thought through their actions and the possible consequences and set standing and talking tough above all else. Just like Thatcher with the Falklands they are again, as you describe, using incidents to ‘suit their needs’ and agenda.
    Compare and contrast with the gradual and painfully slow emergence of facts about Grenfell. Of course what is now emerging will make no difference to the victims but we have to be asking questions about where else the conditions that led to the Grenfell tragedy have been replicated amongst other tower blocks in the country. That really is a matter of urgency and the fact that it has taken nearly nine months for the fire doors issue to be made public does not inspire confidence.
    Your observations about those who seek to falsely ‘profit’ from the Grenfell tragedy are where we went off topic. Of course these sad/desperate/scummy (delete as appropriate) people are entirely in the wrong but it is invariably the case that in the event of any tragedy - from 9/11 to the Bradford fire to numerous road accidents - there will be a tiny minority who seek to turn events to their advantage, but their wrongdoing, imo, cannot be compared with those who deliberately put the lives of others at risk in the search for increased profit.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    We’re not, imo, entirely off the subject. The subject is, at least partly, how the Government handles major issues. Where Russia is concerned they appear to have acted impetuously, not thought through their actions and the possible consequences and set standing and talking tough above all else. Just like Thatcher with the Falklands they are again, as you describe, using incidents to ‘suit their needs’ and agenda.
    Compare and contrast with the gradual and painfully slow emergence of facts about Grenfell. Of course what is now emerging will make no difference to the victims but we have to be asking questions about where else the conditions that led to the Grenfell tragedy have been replicated amongst other tower blocks in the country. That really is a matter of urgency and the fact that it has taken nearly nine months for the fire doors issue to be made public does not inspire confidence.
    Your observations about those who seek to falsely ‘profit’ from the Grenfell tragedy are where we went off topic. Of course these sad/desperate/scummy (delete as appropriate) people are entirely in the wrong but it is invariably the case that in the event of any tragedy - from 9/11 to the Bradford fire to numerous road accidents - there will be a tiny minority who seek to turn events to their advantage, but their wrongdoing, imo, cannot be compared with those who deliberately put the lives of others at risk in the search for increased profit.
    Using the Falklands to suit their needs?
    They were INVADED!!! The population held against its will, under the barrel of a gun. The International community told them to get out. They didn't and action was needed.

Corbyn since then, has tried to sell those people down the river.
    Lovely quote I saw today. Had corbyn been in London in 1940. He have refused to believe the bombs were German, unless shown shrapnel, with made in Munich stamped on it, with a certificate of authentication.

Luckily, the NATO countries have now agreed, its fishy and not followed Corbyns badge protest.

Grenfell. How many more blocks are as open to a fire spreading rapidly as it did there was asked. The answer is that, according to the last figures I saw, more than 100 tower blocks had been checked and almost all were found to be sub-standard in their fire resistance.

A more pertinent question is "HOW MANY OF THOSE ARE ACTUALLY BEING UPGRADED NOW?"

The answer is likely to be alarmingly close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Using the Falklands to suit their needs?
    They were INVADED!!! The population held against its will, under the barrel of a gun. The International community told them to get out. They didn't and action was needed.

Corbyn since then, has tried to sell those people down the river.
    Lovely quote I saw today. Had corbyn been in London in 1940. He have refused to believe the bombs were German, unless shown shrapnel, with made in Munich stamped on it, with a certificate of authentication.

Luckily, the NATO countries have now agreed, its fishy and not followed Corbyns badge protest.
    If you're going to use the Blitz as an example then you would have to have the bombs marked "Made in Prussia". The Soviet Union doesn't exist any more & the most likely origin of the nerve agents at the moment is Uzbekistan. So I would repeat to you what Gavin Williamson said to Russia " Shut up & go away".

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    If you're going to use the Blitz as an example then you would have to have the bombs marked "Made in Prussia". The Soviet Union doesn't exist any more & the most likely origin of the nerve agents at the moment is Uzbekistan. So I would repeat to you what Gavin Williamson said to Russia " Shut up & go away".
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrrm, how is Prussia relevant to made in Munich you retard?
    Where is the Soviet Union mentioned?

I'd accuse you of drugs, but dementia is a more tragic reality.

Isn't it also suspicious that Trump & The EU are supporting Theresa May. It seems that their best to ensure that Right hang on to power & keep Labour out.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Grenfell. How many more blocks are as open to a fire spreading rapidly as it did there was asked. The answer is that, according to the last figures I saw, more than 100 tower blocks had been checked and almost all were found to be sub-standard in their fire resistance.

A more pertinent question is "HOW MANY OF THOSE ARE ACTUALLY BEING UPGRADED NOW?"

The answer is likely to be alarmingly close to zero.
    Indeed, £millions pumped into attributing blame, £0 into solution.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)