+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Salisbury Poisoning

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrrm, how is Prussia relevant to made in Munich you retard?
    Where is the Soviet Union mentioned?

I'd accuse you of drugs, but dementia is a more tragic reality.
    If I was to accuse you of again resorting to abuse & age abuse I would no doubt have our new regional Mod Romanis around my neck. So I won't bother & I'll just wish you a happy day.

Using the Falklands to suit their needs?
    They were INVADED!!! The population held against its will, under the barrel of a gun. The International community told them to get out. They didn't and action was needed.

Corbyn since then, has tried to sell those people down the river.
    Lovely quote I saw today. Had corbyn been in London in 1940. He have refused to believe the bombs were German, unless shown shrapnel, with made in Munich stamped on it, with a certificate of authentication.

Luckily, the NATO countries have now agreed, its fishy and not followed Corbyns badge protest.
    Tricky, I’m no Corbyn apologist...I’d much prefer Starmer to be leading the opposition...but on this occasion he’s right. Go through the proper channels, don’t jump to conclusions and trade schoolyard jibes like our pitiful Foreign and Defence Secretaries.
    Talking of ‘schoolyard jibes’...if you and Adlestrop must exchange insults can’t you do it on your own site? We try to be a bit more grown up on here.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-03-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tricky, I’m no Corbyn apologist...I’d much prefer Starmer to be leading the opposition...but on this occasion he’s right. Go through the proper channels, don’t jump to conclusions and trade schoolyard jibes like our pitiful Foreign and Defence Secretaries.
    Talking of ‘schoolyard jibes’...if you and Adlestrop must exchange insults can’t you do it on your own site? We try to be a bit more grown up on here.
    Don't worry I'm on my way. I'm a bit bored with having dialogue with only a handful of people. As far as I know I am only blocked by only two people on Twitter & you can guess who one of them is. Although I cannot, if you want to hear the praises of Nigel Farage,Jacob Rees Mogg & Katie Hopkins then I suggest you know where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I wasn't on about Corbyn, I was on about the Falklands being used for political points.
    Sovereign territory invaded by the gun. British citizens held against their will.
    I wouldn't have cared who was in charge, I expected action.
    Though whilst we are on about it, what would Corbyn have done? Basie thinks he's wonderful now. He's already tried to sell them down the river, wanting joint ownership.
    Thatchers popularity may have soared, but only because she did the right thing. Corbyn? He'd have sent Argentina a free ship load of sheep shears.

I wasn't on about Corbyn, I was on about the Falklands being used for political points.
    Sovereign territory invaded by the gun. British citizens held against their will.
    Though whilst we are on about it, what would Corbyn have done? Basie thinks he's wonderful now. He's already tried to sell them down the river, wanting joint ownership.
    Thatchers popularity may have soared, but only because she did the right thing. Corbyn? He'd have sent Argentina a free ship load of sheep shears.
    If you weren’t ‘on about Corbyn’ then why spend four out of seven lines in post #35 criticising him?
    Not going over the Falklands thing with you again Tricky. I have my view about it being a politically orchestrated war, you have your own ‘Britannia Rules the Waves’ theory...we’re never going to agree.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, how much do you trust Putin?

Airliner downed in the Ukraine. "It isn't us scream the Russians"
    Pictures appear on facebook of rebels showing off their new Russian high tech AAM battery
    Russia releases a photoshopped picture of a Ukrainian military jet shooting down the airliner.
    "IT WASN'T US THEY SCREAM" as a satellite picture of said, AAM shown crawling back over the border.

Russian athletes caught cheating by doping. "It isn't true scream the Russians" , Blaming Russianophobia.
    It's then found the Federal Security Services has instructed doping tests to be altered and no co operation with the Olympic committee.

Alexander Litvinenko was a former officer of the Russian Federal Security Service (FS and KGB, who fled from court prosecution in Russia and received political asylum in the United Kingdom.

On 1 November 2006, Litvinenko suddenly fell ill and was hospitalized. He died three weeks later, becoming the first confirmed victim of lethal polonium-210-induced acute radiation syndrome. Litvinenko's allegations about the misdeeds of the FSB and his public deathbed accusations that Russian president Vladimir Putin was behind his unusual malady resulted in worldwide media coverage.

Subsequent investigations by British authorities into the circumstances of Litvinenko's death led to serious diplomatic difficulties between the British and Russian governments. During the 2014–2015 trial the Scotland Yard representative witnessed that "the evidence suggests that the only credible explanation is in one way or another the Russian state is involved in Litvinenko's murder". Another witness stated that Dmitry Kovtun had been speaking openly about the plan to kill Litvinenko that was intended to "set an example" as a punishment for a "traitor". The main suspect in the case, a former officer of the Russian Federal Protective Service (FSO), Andrey Lugovoy, remains in Russia.

Of course the butler could have done it, in the library

But this is not Litvinenko and to jump to unverified conclusions is not only dangerous but not good politics.

The government has never said the nerve agent was made in Russia, or that it can only be made in Russia. The exact formulation “of a type developed by Russia” was used by Theresa May in parliament, used by the UK at the UN Security Council, used by Boris Johnson on the BBC yesterday and, most tellingly of all, “of a type developed by Russia” is the precise phrase used in the joint communique issued by the UK, USA, France and Germany yesterday:

This use of a military-grade nerve agent, of a type developed by Russia, constitutes the first offensive use of a nerve agent in Europe since the Second World War.

When the same extremely careful phrasing is never deviated from, you know it is the result of a very delicate Whitehall compromise.

Beware of the political expediency here and just because Russia often acts in a way not always conducive to world harmony does not mean they are responsible for this, no matter how convenient a scapegoat they are.

But were the Falkland Islands ours to begin with and why do we spend millions defending a useless lump of disputed rock thousands of miles from the UK?

Also do not forget that the reason the Argentines invaded was because the Uk Tory government were making noises about joint sovereignty and had withdrawn the only naval vessel based there.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    But were the Falkland Islands ours to begin with and why do we spend millions defending a useless lump of disputed rock thousands of miles from the UK?

Also do not forget that the reason the Argentines invaded was because the Uk Tory government were making noises about joint sovereignty and had withdrawn the only naval vessel based there.
    Oh come on Swale.
    We don't have to go down the who owns them first. That is unprovable.
    The Falklands are internationally recognized British territory after being discovered by England, grabbed by the French. Captured by the Spanish and then proceeded to yo-yo, until Britain took them back. Considering that Argentina was a Spanish colony and Argentina seems to think everything ex Spanish belongs to them, is tosh.

The fact is the islands had/has its own population. If that's your excuse for an invasion, it's poor at best.
    Perhaps Spain,Portugal,France can expect an imminent invasion of one of its colonies.
    As for useless, I think you're jumping the gun. The Argies were very quiet until the reports of oil and gas seeped through.

Every resident population, deserves the right to decide its own autonomy. If the Falklanders want Argie rule, then fine. Till then, no way.
    You are quite keen to give away our own sovereignty to Europe. That's your privileged, but it's also why we asked to vote on it.

Tricky, the Falklanders are British or of British descent, there's no way they'd vote to join Argentina.
    However a proper solution has to be found. Does Britain really have a continuous right to own those islands. Remember as for Hong Kong back in 1984, Deng told Thatcher point blank, if we want, we can take over HK tonight, what are you going to do about it?

But I agree, what the Argies did in 1982 was wrong and Britain was right to retake the islands. The junta wanted an excuse to turn public support their way. Of course oil and gas are now a key factor, but the fact remains Britain's claims is tenuous. The best solution is to sell it to the Argentines. And a part of the sale should go to the residents for them to resettle in the UK or elsewhere if they prefer. But the Argies don't have the money as yet.

Another option would be for the Argies to pay for full resettlement and a cash payout to the residents and an equitable share of oil exploration with the UK. But until they have the money, the point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Tricky, the Falklanders are British or of British descent, there's no way they'd vote to join Argentina.
    That's the point though, it's not for London or Buenos Aries (not sure of spelling) to decide, it's for those people, who've grown up there, and built their lives, to decide on the future for everything they've ever had, built, and will own. How would you like a soldier turfing you out of your home, because his government hold some sentimental claim to the mud in your garden? It's people lives, not just a piece of land to stick a flag in.

As for China, that's a military force anyone would have to surrender to, there are lots of problems in the world that are ignored so as not to upset China.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)