+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Salisbury Poisoning

You put Englishmen there and call a referendum fair. Indeed as fair the Crimean referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Indigenous population? Anglo-Saxon in South America are indigenous, now that's very disingenuous!
    So are the Spaniards. Native Americans North & South have been fighting terrorism since 1492.
    Since there is no evidence of earlier inhabitation maybe we should attach the area to Antarctica & make Port Stanley a research centre. The locals would go for that as it would protect the area from the Globals who want to strip the area of it's resources.

Given that the Forest branch seems to have taken this thread over I’ll just say, Gibraltar is one of the most unpleasant ‘foreign’ destinations I’ve ever been to...’Little Britain’ in the sun, the Falklands look like a God forsaken dump too and if any one from abroad wants to make a bid to takeover Nottingham...they’ll be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Given that the Forest branch seems to have taken this thread over I’ll just say, Gibraltar is one of the most unpleasant ‘foreign’ destinations I’ve ever been to...’Little Britain’ in the sun, the Falklands look like a God forsaken dump too and if any one from abroad wants to make a bid to takeover Nottingham...they’ll be most welcome.
    ....to try.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Gibraltar, was never meant to be a tourist recreation. It is essentially a military port. It is British money which has allowed it to flourish.
    Lovely tax free goods and that's about it. Still provides a lot of jobs, for EU oppressed youth though.

But like the Falklands, whether you think it's a dump or not, is irrelevant.
    It belongs to the people who live there, to decide that.
    Falklanders like UK rule, as do the Gibraltans.
    I'll take more notice, when countries like Spain stop the hypocrisy when it runs places like Ceuta.

Do as I say, not as I do. Yearh right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Gibraltar, was never meant to be a tourist recreation. It is essentially a military port. It is British money which has allowed it to flourish.
    Lovely tax free goods and that's about it. Still provides a lot of jobs, for EU oppressed youth though.

But like the Falklands, whether you think it's a dump or not, is irrelevant.
    It belongs to the people who live there, to decide that.
    Falklanders like UK rule, as do the Gibraltans.
    I'll take more notice, when countries like Spain stop the hypocrisy when it runs places like Ceuta.

Do as I say, not as I do. Yearh right.
    It might not be with us for long if we come out of the EU. Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to stay & might not want to be part of Little Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    It might not be with us for long if we come out of the EU. Gibraltar voted overwhelmingly to stay & might not want to be part of Little Britain.
    I want to say ‘you must be demented’ but I’ll stick with ‘you must be Ill informed’. More chance of me becoming a Leeds fan

Quote Originally Posted by adlestropred View Post
    if any one wants to make a bid to takeover Nottingham...they’ll be most welcome.....to try.
    I refer the honourable gentleman to events on Boxing Day 1978..... The FEC legging it over the Meadows and up past NCFC proving beyond doubt that they were faster (The event that led to the Hark now hear chant). Nottingham well and truly taken over but the group that would later become known as the DLF came to the conclusion that they didn't really want the ****hole so they gave it back.

Back on topic. I see we (the British Government) are now calling in the scientific experts to look into the nerve agent at the heart of this current crisis. Isn’t it the case that this is what should have happened before accusations started being thrown around?
    In that respect Corbyn has, again, been proved right. We needed to go through the established channels. As I understand it European scientists are now likely to investigate the nerve agent in The Hague...we should have gone down this route in the first place rather than listen to the rants of our bumbling oaf of a Foreign Secretary and the childish - ‘Russia should shut up and go away’ - comments of Gavin Williamson.
    Actions and likely alienation should be based on evidence not political jiggery-pokery and prejudice.

Just watched Boris on the Marr show. It appears experts from the Hague will be coming to the UK to investigate the "samples" recovered.

Totally agree with those who say investigate and react to facts.

Circumstantial evidence certainly points towards Russia but I, personally, would hate to be convicted on purely circumstantial "evidence". Even Russia deserves a fair trial.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)