Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Oh c’mon Andy, you’re better than that. 71 people died in dreadful circumstances...if that’s not enough the point surely is...how many other UK tower blocks have dangerous cladding and sub standard fire doors?
Our Government engages in the making of an international incident following an apparent attempt on the life of a Russian double agent. A week later some Salisbury folk are told to wash their clothes yet it takes almost nine months for the truth to come out about the Grenfell Tower fire doors.
We're off the subject but I stand by what I said. First, Grenfell was undoubtedly a tragedy whether there is blame to be attached or not. I wouldn't wish untimely demise on my worst enemy, never mind such innocents. It also brought out the best in those who rushed to help. But, I see no difference in culpability between those who may be found to have ignored/got round fire protection/building/health and safety laws and those who, for instance, have deceived the authorities into providing 'support' (running into sums exceeding my income for sure) to which they clearly have no entitlement. What I will admit in agreement with you (I think I made that point) is that the govt (any govt, any colour) is capable of inflating/suppressing any incident that comes along to suit their needs and have done so many times in the past