+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Day 2

Cheltenham Day 2

Well this looks a damned sight trickier than Day 1. well done Elite for showing up on the first day. A day of wrong choices for me - apart from the last where I hadn't even considered the winner - where I had the winner in my first two choices and went the wrong way. Mug!

And for tomorrow (with a huge health warning)

1:30 Black Op ew
    2:10 Black Corton ew
    2:50 William Henry ew
    3:30 Altior ew
    4:10 Tiger Roll ew
    4:50 Act of Valour ew
    5:30 Didtheyleaveyououtto ew]

I just hope Altior doesn't get bogged down. He is the most exciting 2 miler since the glorious Sprinter (who surely is only bettered by Arkle)

Tomorrow is the day I'll be there (weather looking good) so I've done many hours of form study, but my predictions haven't been profitable on day 2 for a while. I'm think I'm due a change in fortunes, so here are my thoughts:

1:30 Vision Des Flos (e/w)
    2:10 Elegant Escape (e/w)
    2:50 Mount Mews
    3:30 Altior
    4:10 The Last Samuri
    4:50 Eragon De Chanay (e/w)
    5:30 Blackbow

Eragon De Chanay would be a big winner for me, even a place would come close to covering me for the day. I have backed him at 40/1 and 33/1 since he won impressively at the weekend, and he's now as low as 10/1 with many bookies. I was going to watch the feature race for pleasure rather than financial interest, but after being 8/13 for most of the week, Altior has drifted to a tempting 11/10. If I see any bookies offering 5/4 tomorrow I'll probably lump on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Tomorrow is the day I'll be there (weather looking good) so I've done many hours of form study, but my predictions haven't been profitable on day 2 for a while. I'm think I'm due a change in fortunes, so here are my thoughts:

Eragon De Chanay would be a big winner for me, even a place would come close to covering me for the day. I have backed him at 40/1 and 33/1 since he won impressively at the weekend, and he's now as low as 10/1 with many bookies. I was going to watch the feature race for pleasure rather than financial interest, but after being 8/13 for most of the week, Altior has drifted to a tempting 11/10. If I see any bookies offering 5/4 tomorrow I'll probably lump on.
    My advice is do not follow this guy......he has no idea what he is doing......he is a fraud, a complete joke

Brahma Bull e/w 28/1 4 places--365
    Dounikos
    Le Breuil 12/1 e/w 6 places-- 365
    Altior
    Tiger Roll
    Grand Sancy 14/1 e/w 5 places---365
    Carefully Selected 10/1 --Know the Score 18/1 e/w 5 places --365
    Going for the big prices today

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    My advice is do not follow this guy......he has no idea what he is doing......he is a fraud, a complete joke
    I think a village somewhere in Mexico has lost it's idiot!

Would you not rather see ALTIOR shortening than drifting E_P? My only success y'day (despite it being a bad day for the bookies if there is such a thing) was an e/w bet on the springer in the big race, MELON, that gave BUVEUR D'AIR such a fright. Melon's odds halved in the minutes before the off.

Broke even on day 1

1.30 Black Op
    2.10 Presenting Policy
    2.50 William Henry
    3.30 Charbel (e/w)
    4.10 The Last Samuri
    4.50 Nube Negra
    5.30 Thebannerkingrebel

Lovely bright & sunny morning here in the Cotswolds.

Looking forward to another great day`s racing this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by metrocab View Post
    Broke even on day 1

1.30 Black Op
    2.10 Presenting Policy
    2.50 William Henry
    3.30 Charbel (e/w)
    4.10 The Last Samuri
    4.50 Nube Negra
    5.30 Thebannerkingrebel

Lovely bright & sunny morning here in the Cotswolds.

Looking forward to another great day`s racing this afternoon
    So I use paddy power online and wanting to know if this offer on the first race is any good? If Samcro wins they’re giving money back as a free bet. Seems like a no brainier but is it too good to be true ?

1:30 Vision Des Flos (e/w)......errrr...no 6th
    2:10 Elegant Escape (e/w).......sneaked a 3rd place 1 quarter odds means you recouped the bets from 2 losing races....plus £10
    2:50 Mount Mews......errrrr...no...10th...level
    3:30 Altior......it won, but you were not going to back it at evens.....tough luck Snobbers....still level
    4:10 The Last Samuri.......errrr no...3rd.....minus £10
    4:50 Eragon De Chanay (e/w)......errrrr no....7th..minus £20
    5:30 Blackbow......errrr no......5th....minus £30

Try and talk your way out of this one Snobbers....I will help you out......your missus confiscated your wallet so you could not spend the housekeeping money?

Do not follow this guys tips everybody.....complete charlatan....no idea on how betting works ie you are supposed to back the winner......mug punter....bookies love him

ps no idea if he backed £10 ew on race 2....it might have been £5 ew as he is saving up for his next Cuban holiday....I gave him the benefit of the doubt being the caring person that I am...mind you, if it was £10 ew, then he has lost another £20 on his other 2 losing ew bets?....mmmmm maybe he lost £50 on the day?......watch out for a thin, balding guy begging for coppers outside the Kop on saturday
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 15-03-2018 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    1:30 Vision Des Flos (e/w)......errrr...no 6th
    2:10 Elegant Escape (e/w).......sneaked a 3rd place 1 quarter odds means you recouped the bets from 2 losing races....plus £10
    2:50 Mount Mews......errrrr...no...10th...level
    3:30 Altior......it won, but you were not going to back it at evens.....tough luck Snobbers....still level
    4:10 The Last Samuri.......errrr no...3rd.....minus £10
    4:50 Eragon De Chanay (e/w)......errrrr no....7th..minus £20
    5:30 Blackbow......errrr no......5th....minus £30

Try and talk your way out of this one Snobbers....I will help you out......your missus confiscated your wallet so you could not spend the housekeeping money?

Do not follow this guys tips everybody.....complete charlatan....no idea on how betting works ie you are supposed to back the winner......mug punter....bookies love him

ps no idea if he backed £10 ew on race 2....it might have been £5 ew as he is saving up for his next Cuban holiday....I gave him the benefit of the doubt being the caring person that I am...mind you, if it was £10 ew, then he has lost another £20 on his other 2 losing ew bets?....mmmmm maybe he lost £50 on the day?......watch out for a thin, balding guy begging for coppers outside the Kop on saturday
    So the bloke who accuses me of starting arguments and stalking him follows me on another Cheltenham prediction thread.
    Does he make any Cheltenham predictions? No, he comes solely to have a dig at me, proving what a hypocrite he is.

Yes, I lost yesterday. I had more bets than the above, but only collected on Altior who I had a hefty bet on at 5/4, but it didn't cover my losses on the day. I'd guess my betting was about £40 down, and I spent a similar amount on beer and food. Did it spoil the day? Not in the slightest, I had one of the best days of my life as I always do on the middle Wednesday in March. I took a coachload of 50 people down, I only see most of them once a year but it was great to meet up again. I loved every minute from boarding the bus at 9am to getting off 12 hours later, a real laugh all day long and an atmosphere unrivalled anywhere. If the image of a thin (??) balding (??) penniless (??) guy makes you sleep happily at night, then stick with it by all means. I'll see if I can get a pic to show you the reality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast