+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheltenham Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So the bloke who accuses me of starting arguments and stalking him follows me on another Cheltenham prediction thread.
    Does he make any Cheltenham predictions? No, he comes solely to have a dig at me, proving what a hypocrite he is.

Yes, I lost yesterday. I had more bets than the above, but only collected on Altior who I had a hefty bet on at 5/4, but it didn't cover my losses on the day. I'd guess my betting was about £40 down, and I spent a similar amount on beer and food. Did it spoil the day? Not in the slightest, I had one of the best days of my life as I always do on the middle Wednesday in March. I took a coachload of 50 people down, I only see most of them once a year but it was great to meet up again. I loved every minute from boarding the bus at 9am to getting off 12 hours later, a real laugh all day long and an atmosphere unrivalled anywhere. If the image of a thin (??) balding (??) penniless (??) guy makes you sleep happily at night, then stick with it by all means. I'll see if I can get a pic to show you the reality.

Do not get so tetchy old boy...this is a forum and I hardly call it "having a dig" by commenting on your betting tips that you have so proudly posted......after "hours of research" huh?......lob a dart at the riders list....you will do better.

No tips from me maestro....I would not have a clue and would hate to embarrass myself......though I must admit to considering it.....mmmmm

Why am I being a hypocrite to comment on your tips, when you regularly comment on my betting acumen?....I call it tit~for~tat......but I must admit, I thought you would have given me a run for my dinero.

I confidently predict that you will do better today.

ps Glad you had a good day out.....see, I can be cordial

pps 3 new goats born this week, one on Saturday, one on Sunday and one yesterday...I know you like to keep abreast of my goat~herding exploits.....video to be uploaded once I find the camera connecting lead

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Do not get so tetchy old boy...this is a forum and I hardly call it "having a dig" by commenting on your betting tips that you have so proudly posted.
    It's because your comments are the comments of a simpleton - you just don't know what you're talking about. After day one your comment was "You picked only one winner.......you are a fraud.....a joke.....a laughing stock". Anyone who had followed my advice on offers would have ended up with four free bets (break even), two losing bets, and a 10/1 winning bet. How does advising a healthy profit earn the label "laughing stock"?

Why am I being a hypocrite to comment on your tips?
    Already explained. You are so desperate to try and score points against me that you did exactly the thing you accused me of. HYPOCRITE.
    It shows how sad you are when you actually searched for the exact finishing position of each horse!

I will tip plenty of losers, but it's all about the long term, and I have a lifetime of credit on here in that regard. I refer you to the Notts County 150th raceday at Southwell on May 2nd 2012. I tipped 6 winners and a non-runner at odds of 5/1, 5/2, 11/10, 7/1, 11/4, and 8/15. A tenner on that little accumulator would have returned £21,242. Who does that make the laughing stock?

If the image of a thin (??) balding (??) penniless (??) guy makes you sleep happily at night, then stick with it by all means. I'll see if I can get a pic to show you the reality.
    Here you go tarquin, I might not be Mr Popular with you and Sailor Boy, but at least the fine ladies of Cheltenham still love me!

I often look at pics like this and wonder where it all went wrong.

It's because your comments are the comments of a simpleton - you just don't know what you're talking about. After day one your comment was "You picked only one winner.......you are a fraud.....a joke.....a laughing stock". Anyone who had followed my advice on offers would have ended up with four free bets (break even), two losing bets, and a 10/1 winning bet. How does advising a healthy profit earn the label "laughing stock"
    1:30 Kalashnikov......result 1st Summerville Boy 9/1....Minus £10
    2:10 Saint Calvados...result Footpad 5~6....Minus £20
    2:50 Cogry (e/w)....result Coo Star Sivola 5~1....Minus £30 if £5 ew.
    3:30 Elgin (a horse I part own e/w)...result Buvier Dair 4~6....Minus £40.
    4:10 La Bague Au Roi (betting without Apple's Jade) ....result Benie Des Dieux ...Minus £50
    4:50 Sizing Tennessee (one for seriouspie)...3rd at 8~1.....woopie...the closest that you have gotten so far...Minus £60
    5:30 Mister Whitaker (e/w)...1st at 13~2.....your only winner?.....so if £5 ew you picked up £32.50 and £8? ie £40 total......then you still lost £20 on the day...your get out of jail card, that you like to play is...."but I blagged a load of free bets PLUS I got my only winner at vastly better odds than those posted in the National Press"....mmmmm

Same on day 2.....you picked only 1 winner, at evens, that you said you were NOT going to back unless it drifted in price.....the National Press says evens....you tell us you waded in at 5~4.....mmmmm

My theory is that no matter what I say, you will try to show everyone that you know what you are doing.....when in reality you have backed a red~hot favourite, despite telling us that the odds were too short, and a 13~2 shot....OUT OF 14 RACES?

PS Well done on the Southwell tips from May 2nd 2012.....6 years ago!!!.....I nearly choked on my muffin

Here you go tarquin, I might not be Mr Popular with you and Sailor Boy, but at least the fine ladies of Cheltenham still love me!

Nice pic Snobbers....Rohypnol has obviously worked in your case.....just kidding, nice family Sir......I am off to do some gardening....toodles

If you could just edit yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    If you could just edit yourself out.
    I must admit that would be a big improvement.

but I blagged a load of free bets PLUS I got my only winner at vastly better odds than those posted in the National Press"....mmmmm
    Here's the Paddy Power account history:

You Beauty! You have won £72.50
    Single Each Way
    W
    17:30 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4f 78y - Each Way
    Mister Whitaker
    BEST ODDS 10/1
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 4 Places
    Stake:
    £10.00
    Returns:
    £72.50
    Bet ID: O/5xxxx81/0xxxxx0

If it makes you feel better to think I made it up, then be my guest.

you picked only 1 winner, at evens, that you said you were NOT going to back unless it drifted in price.....the National Press says evens....you tell us you waded in at 5~4.....mmmmm
    In the Best Mate enclosure Altior opened at a general 11/10, I rushed in when a couple of bookies went 5/4. The only proof I could offer would be if I had photographed my betting slip, which I had to hand over to the bookie to collect. Incredibly, I never thought to do that, so you believe me or you don't. I don't much care either way.

I must admit that would be a big improvement.
    Well if that's your family they do you credit sir. Mind you, I thought it was customary for blokes to look smart at race meets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Well if that's your family they do you credit sir. Mind you, I thought it was customary for blokes to look smart at race meets as well.
    This is Cheltenham, not Royal Ascot. The rule at the Festival is always 'dress for the weather'.

Although I have to admit they were my best clothes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12