+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell to play Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup semi-final

Motherwell to play Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup semi-final

Aberdeen beat Kilmarnock in Tuesday's quarter final replay and their reward is a Hampden meeting with Motherwell on Saturday 14 April. They needed penalties and now have three players suspended for the semi-final. - External Link

We're out.

That was a bad result for us tonight.

No second final this season then.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    We're out.

Just hope LawSteelman your not doing the team talk for the semi-final ��

We're out.

That's right, and you're right ... as usual - we're now out ! Despite the fact we've already cuffed them in a semi final, and they'll be without Logan, Shinnie, McLean and Lewis. Never will we have a better chance to beat them in a 2nd semi. And, with it being a crack of dawn KO, they won't bring anywhere near as many fans if it were a 3pm start (live TV, early doors start, and an inbuilt complacency they're in the final already); if we go at them from the off, we'll do it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    That's right, and you're right ... as usual - we're now out ! Despite the fact we've already cuffed them in a semi final, and they'll be without Logan, Shinnie, McLean and Lewis. Never will we have a better chance to beat them in a 2nd semi. And, with it being a crack of dawn KO, they won't bring anywhere near as many fans if it were a 3pm start (live TV, early doors start, and an inbuilt complacency they're in the final already); if we go at them from the off, we'll do it IMO.
    I agreed with all your post, right up until the “inbuilt complacency” bit.
    Not from us.
    Not the way we’re playing & especially as we’ll be without 4 of our best players.
    Steven McLean had always been a c**t of a ref for us.
    And the 12.15 KO is just a farce & pandering to the Bigot Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    I hope you are right but I don't think you will be. Apart from them being better than us, we have had our Cup win over them this season and we won't get another.

No doubt Rangers will beat Celtic the following day then Aberdeen will beat them in the final and we'll be left cursing missing out on our best chance ever of repeating 91.

No doubt Rangers will beat Celtic the following day then Aberdeen will beat them in the final and we'll be left cursing missing out on our best chance ever of repeating 91.
    I also think we'll lose to Aberdeen - we're clear second favourites after all - but really, why do you post stuff like this? There's realism/negativity and then utter nonsense and even you must know this very much the latter. Much better Motherwell teams than this have already blown better chances to win things, and four consecutive draws against top-flight opposition including Hearts, a strong Aberdeen and one of the Old Firm (likely the strongest Celtic in years) is one of the hardest cup runs you're ever likely to get.

Anyway, that said, I'm actually happy we got Aberdeen rather than Killie, given they're also better than us. I think being a clear underdog probably suits us and Aberdeen are likely to be much more nervous than Killie - not complacent, they've blown way too many cup opportunities for that, but the media will hype them to buggery (rather unfairly, it must be said), all the pressure will be on them and if it doesn't go well early, they wouldn't be human if they don't start thinking here we go again...

I'm happy its Aberdeen, as Kilmarnock have been on a good run underpinned by spadefuls of good luck. You can beat good teams but you can't beat lucky ones. It'll be a tough tie, make no mistake but its winnable and the Dons will have 4 key players out. Yes, the media will hype them up to the extent that we shouldn't bother turning up but we should use that as a motivation tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    I'm happy its Aberdeen, as Kilmarnock have been on a good run underpinned by spadefuls of good luck. You can beat good teams but you can't beat lucky ones. It'll be a tough tie, make no mistake but its winnable and the Dons will have 4 key players out. Yes, the media will hype them up to the extent that we shouldn't bother turning up but we should use that as a motivation tool.
    I doubt the media will hype us up at all - they'll cite us being 4 key players down, which is a massive handicap.
    I'd say it's 50/50
    Had we the 4 players available, then I'd have 60/40 in Aberdeen's favour.
    could easily be extra time and penalties IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agreed with all your post, right up until the “inbuilt complacency” bit.
    Not from us.
    Not the way we’re playing & especially as we’ll be without 4 of our best players.
    Steven McLean had always been a c**t of a ref for us.
    And the 12.15 KO is just a farce & pandering to the Bigot Brothers.
    12.15 KO is a pain in the a*** for us but for you guys it must be a nightmare. I think Aberdeen will still bring a decent support. The last cup game at Fir Park was a mid week affair and the Aberdeen support that night was impressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)