+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for the semi

Who plays RB for the U20’s?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Lewis might be back, but it would be touch and go, I think he will stick with Woodman.

Woodman
    Ball Arnason McKenna Considine
    O’Connor Nwakali
    Stewart McGinn GMS
    May

Having our suspensions may turn out ok. It means if we get through these guys will be available for the final (Christie loan deal notwithstanding).

Motherwell are decent, but without Moult, they are nowhere near as good. 2-0 AFC.
    I'd be tempted to move Arnason into midfield and keep O'Connor at centre half based on his performance against Killie. Very good game at centre half. Far better than when he's forced into a defensive midfield role.

Arnason can at least play midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I'd be tempted to move Arnason into midfield and keep O'Connor at centre half based on his performance against Killie. Very good game at centre half. Far better than when he's forced into a defensive midfield role.

Arnason can at least play midfield.
    Arnason won’t play midfield.
    Doesn’t have the mobility.
    He’ll play centre half or not at all

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Arnason won’t play midfield.
    Doesn’t have the mobility.
    He’ll play centre half or not at all
    As a sitting midfielder he should be able to stroll through the game against a team like Motherwell.

Not asking him to do the box to box running. Just sit in and protect the centre half's and ping passes. A man of his quality should be able to do that for us.

Just heard on the radio that Tanner, who is their current top scorer after Moult, is out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    As a sitting midfielder he should be able to stroll through the game against a team like Motherwell.

Not asking him to do the box to box running. Just sit in and protect the centre half's and ping passes. A man of his quality should be able to do that for us.
    think he's been really poor since his return

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    think he's been really poor since his return
    He hasn't been any worse than O'Connor has and maybe if he was given a run of games instead of being put in and out of the team he might have more than the odd good game like O'Connor just had.

I still cant understand why a guy who holds more than his own at international level isn't a first pick for us every week.

Afraid to say Arnason is far too slow to be playing in the middle of the park. Regardless if he is just sitting and breaking play up he still needs to be able to get about or from side to side.

Can't really add much more to what has already been said but I would go:

Lewis

Nwakali O'Connor

McGinn Christie Mackay-Steven

May

I can't help but think Stewart will have a big part to play this season. He has the best feet and control of a football at the club. It could be him for an assist or winner in the semi or the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    Afraid to say Arnason is far too slow to be playing in the middle of the park. Regardless if he is just sitting and breaking play up he still needs to be able to get about or from side to side.

Can't really add much more to what has already been said but I would go:

Lewis

Nwakali O'Connor

McGinn Christie Mackay-Steven

May

I can't help but think Stewart will have a big part to play this season. He has the best feet and control of a football at the club. It could be him for an assist or winner in the semi or the final.
    Is Christie not suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He hasn't been any worse than O'Connor has and maybe if he was given a run of games instead of being put in and out of the team he might have more than the odd good game like O'Connor just had.

I still cant understand why a guy who holds more than his own at international level isn't a first pick for us every week.
    This is the bit that really puzzles me. He played in 9 out of the 10 world cup qualifiers for Iceland who conceded only 7 goals in those 10 games in a group including Croatia, Ukraine and Turkey. His performances have been by and large nowhere near what you would expect from that Icelandic form - maybe it is lack of a consistent run

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast