+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for the semi

Team for the semi

We go again.

The tombola will have some job with no Logan, Shinnie or McLean.

Maybe...

Woodman
    Ball Arnasson McKenna Considine
    O'Connor Nwakali
    McGinn Christie GMS
    Rooney

Rogers,Reynolds,Stewart,Maynard,May

Aye, that was the X1 I posted earlier.
    You could also swap AOC & Ball?
    May for Rooney I’d think too.
    And you’re allowed 7 subs so add Wright & Harvie?

I thought Lewis would have been back by the time the Semi final comes round, McInnes said he should be back playing the first couple of weeks in April.

Well done to Woodman for keeping us in the cup but if Lewis is fit then he must play.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought Lewis would have been back by the time the Semi final comes round, McInnes said he should be back playing the first couple of weeks in April.

Well done to Woodman for keeping us in the cup but if Lewis is fit then he must play.
    Lewis is back the week after the international break, I read last week

Whether he takes his place atween the sticks for the semi, who knows. Boot in the s****s for Freddy Boy, but, he's nae our player.

Agree with the team above, but May in for Rooney

With Logan out, surely the obvious choice is three at the back (where's the sarcastic smiley when you need it)

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Lewis is back the week after the international break, I read last week

Whether he takes his place atween the sticks for the semi, who knows. Boot in the s****s for Freddy Boy, but, he's nae our player.

Agree with the team above, but May in for Rooney
    Not sure if its a boot in the s****s to Woodman, he must have been told he was here as cover for Lewis and once he is fit again he will be sitting on the bench as back up to Joe.

Woodman done really well with the penalty saves last night but I dont think that guarantees his place for the semi final, his kicking is not great and he is not the best at coming out for crosses either, Motherwell will have a field day with him at corners.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    With Logan out, surely the obvious choice is three at the back (where's the sarcastic smiley when you need it)
    This was my fear, and sadly I think it will happen, despite the fact it never works.

Woodman
    McGinn O'Connor Arnason McKenna Considine
    Nwakali Ball
    Christie
    Rooney May

Likely with Rooney playing out on the left or something. McGinn with no cover behind him so having to basically play right back all night.

I would probably go with this to stay as close to our 'normal' set up... I have concerns about the defensive midfield area, but Nwakali might get a bit more game time before then and prove to be a revelation in there. Other option is swapping Ball and O'Connor around, although O'Connor is probably too slow to play right back.

Woodman
    Ball Arnason McKenna Considine
    O'Connor Nwakali
    McGinn Christie GMS
    Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This was my fear, and sadly I think it will happen, despite the fact it never works.

Woodman
    McGinn O'Connor Arnason McKenna Considine
    Nwakali Ball
    Christie
    Rooney May

Likely with Rooney playing out on the left or something. McGinn with no cover behind him so having to basically play right back all night.

I would probably go with this to stay as close to our 'normal' set up... I have concerns about the defensive midfield area, but Nwakali might get a bit more game time before then and prove to be a revelation in there. Other option is swapping Ball and O'Connor around, although O'Connor is probably too slow to play right back.

Woodman
    O'Connor Nwakali
    McGinn Christie GMS
    Rooney
    I also fear that it will be three at the back as McInnes always seems to overthink the formations for big games. I'm not sure that Considine has the engine or pace to play left wing back though, he will be one of the three. More likely would be Ball as LWB as I think he played there for sevco. That would then push O'Connor into midfield. A really radical thought would be to play GMS at LWB (like Hayes did a couple of times) but think McInnes is too conservative for that. As others have said I would be 99% sure that Lewis rather than Woodman will be GK.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Nis kicking is not great and he is not the best at coming out for crosses either, Motherwell will have a field day with him at corners.
    Correct

Think we play Mwell 10 days afore the semi-final as well

Lewis might be back, but it would be touch and go, I think he will stick with Woodman.

Woodman
    O’Connor Nwakali
    Stewart McGinn GMS
    May

Having our suspensions may turn out ok. It means if we get through these guys will be available for the final (Christie loan deal notwithstanding).

Motherwell are decent, but without Moult, they are nowhere near as good. 2-0 AFC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast