+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Big Opportunity missed Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Got to admire your faith in that selection YB, but the facts are , his crosses now don't beat the first man , he has no assists or goals either this season , Sad in many ways to say ,, but i think we may have seen the best of Adam Hammil ,
    I like Hammill and would love it if he was playing regular but the facts are he’s ineffective at this level now on a regular basis . After last night he may be worth a place on the bench instead of Isgrove though who was crap

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Got to admire your faith in that selection YB, but the facts are , his crosses now don't beat the first man , he has no assists or goals either this season , Sad in many ways to say ,, but i think we may have seen the best of Adam Hammil ,
    well until others show me that they are better i'll stick with my views as for isgrove you can see he is being over careful not to get another injury which is effecting him.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    well until others show me that they are better i'll stick with my views as for isgrove you can see he is being over careful not to get another injury which is effecting him.
    I agree with that YB

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    Well that's fair enough YB , can we afford to keep wrapping Isgrove in cotton wool ? He was partly to blame for last night's equaliser , nothing against the lad , i always thought he gave us something different , hauled of with Hammill v Burton at half time and rightly so both were ineffective , very poor last night , not the Isgrove of old , I wouldn't pick AH or L I in any starting eleven , that's just my opinion BTW

Some crucial chances were badly missed by Thiam & Moore which would have wrapped it up at 2-0, but I just dont know why it seems impossible for us to score more than 1 goal in matches.
    And when all 3 of the front men are struggling and almost knackered after an hour, its inevitable that we were going to concede at least 1 in the remaining half an hour.

So what would be your matchday squad Acido ? I'm not convinced that they were all bad misses , lack of quality and lack of confidence is what I think is missing , along with some poor designs by the officials , and some luck not going our way , every awkward bounce of the ball last night seemed to go the way of our visitors , ( but that's normal for us ) an attacking midfielder is needed , one who has a decent shot on him , Mallan and Moncur are the best options we have , so give that a go José , if only one half each , put Cavare at reyt back and Yids at left back , and drop f,,,,,, g Williams

I wouldnt fault Davies too much for the goal, Ive seen him make worse mistakes than that. Whether we will keep Yids beyond the season is doubtful and I was against bringing him back at first, but hes still one of our best players while hes here and Im was hoping the captaincy might tempt him to stay, especially now that Swansea dont want him.

This isnt exactly a 4-4-2, and I wouldnt mind seeing variations of this starting 11 on Satdy.

Davies,
    Yiadom, Jackson, Lindsay, Fryers,
    Hammill, Gardner, Mallan, Thiam,
    McBurnie, Moore,

some attacking sub options: Isgrove, Hedges, Bradshaw, Moncur,
    Last edited by Acido; 14-03-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I wouldnt fault Davies too much for the goal, Ive seen him make worse mistakes than that. Whether we will keep Yids beyond the season is doubtful and I was against bringing him back at first, but hes still one of our best players while hes here and Im was hoping the captaincy might tempt him to stay, especially now that Swansea dont want him.

This isnt exactly a 4-4-2, and I wouldnt mind seeing variations of this starting 11 on Satdy.

Davies,
    Yiadom, Jackson, Lindsay, Fryers,
    Hammill, Gardner, Mallan, Thiam,
    McBurnie, Moore,

some attacking sub options: Isgrove, Hedges, Bradshaw, Moncur,
    If it’s not 442 what is it ?
    We look much more comfortable 433 IMO and hold the ball up front better . Also I think we’re better with Potts in the team

Is that the Potts who has just come back heavy legged again after taking another knock, or the world beating Potts who ManUre and Barcelona have been poaching ?.

I could change my line up slightly and put Thiam up front with the two M's again, and then it would be 4-3-3 of course. But that would put Mallan out on the wing and hes also not in his best position there.
    If theres an injury to Williams then this really could be a bonus for us if we can finally get to see his and Gardner's partnership broken up, but it wouldnt surprise me to see Jose not only play them both together for the rest of the season, but also when Willaims might even be a passenger and not 100% fit!.

Do we all (mostly) agree then on this lot at the back for the remaining games... Davies, Yiadom (capt), Jackson, Lindsay, Fryers, ?.
    Some will say Pinnock or Mills, and Pinnilos or Pearson or Cavare as well in certain positions, but I dont think the defence creates as many talking points does it as the midfield and the strikers.
    Last edited by Acido; 15-03-2018 at 07:09 PM.

People came to the conclusion that the defence picks itself. However, you don't lose 18 games if your defensive unit is any good do you? Our defence is supposedly protected by two holding midfielders and has been for most of the season and still has been shipping goals. Now we can blame any selection or player error or bad tactics or formations but players can be told what to do until a manager is blue in the face if the players aren't as good as the 11 on the opposition you're going to lose.

As it stands we're only better than Sunderland and Birmingham and on par with Preston and Norwich. When there are only 4 teams that haven't had the better of you or eight matches in a 46 game season pro rata you've fcuked it.

However, it's in our hands. Unbelievable Jeff

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast