+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Big Opportunity missed Tonight

Maybe some may disagree Acido , but after a fairly decent first half on Tuesday , Fryers in particular !! His going forward stopped , he was dithering about and passing backwards , almost going full circle ,,, him and Williams were sheeite and cause of our our own downfall , Gardner did at least try to set us up going forward , some great long range passes too , good work in and around midfield , I'm not his biggest fan , but he is a far better player than Williams just now ,

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    People came to the conclusion that the defence picks itself. However, you don't lose 18 games if your defensive unit is any good do you? Our defence is supposedly protected by two holding midfielders and has been for most of the season and still has been shipping goals. Now we can blame any selection or player error or bad tactics or formations but players can be told what to do until a manager is blue in the face if the players aren't as good as the 11 on the opposition you're going to lose.

As it stands we're only better than Sunderland and Birmingham and on par with Preston and Norwich. When there are only 4 teams that haven't had the better of you or eight matches in a 46 game season pro rata you've fcuked it.

However, it's in our hands. Unbelievable Jeff
    Preston and Norwich ? I wish we were on par with them Aren't we better than Burton as things stand too Dio Mio ,,,,,,

Aww I was hoping this wouldnt create a load of disagreeable comments eh Roma & Ponty lol.
    But actually on second thoughts lads, yes thats what this board is all about isnt it.

It worries me Roma when we all can and will make so many different comments about our defence, and all of them are valid of course... but my point also is that the midfield and the strikers are the reasons as to why we do or dont win matches, and not our defenders as much.

Am not disagreeing with Ponte , i understand his points , but not the teams he's mentioned ,

Roma if a team can't beat you home and away how are they better than you? More consistent yes. Better no.

Are they Preston and Norwich in false positions? Are we guilty of not putting full shifts in? Are the four draws freek results?

If the yes/no answers are indifferent we have hope.

Otherwise we might aswell be in league 1 now. Fact is there are only four teams that haven't had the better of us and out of 24 teams I don't like those odds.

Are you back on line with all of the real fans again eh Ponty, or did your bird tell you to post this ?.

No the wins are hard to pick out at the moment when you look at each fixture, and try to study them. Points here and there are helping but we could be doing better for ourselves instead of relying on the other struggling teams to keep losing.
    Last edited by Acido; 17-03-2018 at 11:40 AM.

A dunt kno arr av got cot up in this , but facts dunt lie we are only as good as the points we ev achieved so far , not good enuff , but at present there is 3 sides worse than us , over the season so far Preston and Norwich have accumulated more points than we have , so yes they appear to be better than us , any other time 2 points against Norwich would be considered good points , Preston a good club who we mainly get the better ov just , all equal then in some respects , Boi noitt , José

Id take a crappy awful lucky penalty decision win in a match right now Roma, especially if it meant us staying up of course.
    It sounds desperate doesnt it, but what else should we be hoping for ?.

Attack , and win all our games thattud solve all worries , play 2 3 5 like we did years back , left wing , right wing , inside left , inside right Centre Forrard, easy a dunt kno how these top coaches ent wukd it art
    but ? The number 10 role , wtf is tharrabart

If Thiam, Mcburnie and Mcburnie on the pitch at the same time isn't classed as attacking then Jose 'll never win some fans round.

Acido I haven't joined any band wagon. I do believe we'll stay up. However, we've blown a good get out of jail free cards with recent results. Losses against QPR, Burton, Bolton, Reading and Hull and draws against QPR, Sheff Wed and Hull are what kill you in our situation.

Let's say a look at our remaining fuxtures and a tint of realism has kicked in mate.

Last games we need in a scrap are derby games against Sheff Utd and Leeds. We ant done reight well in derbies this season have we?

Bristol City and Brentford at home are no gimmies either both fighting for play-offs. I'd written off Derby away months ago. Notts Forest are a different team to a month ago.

That leaves Millwall this saturday who let's be reight ow us one and Bolton at home which out of remaining fixtures looks our only winnable fixture.

I'd like us to go sh1t or bust right now. However, with us being out of bottom three Jose is probably right with his any point is a good point mentality.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast