+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: View From Burton

View From Burton

Not so confident and cocky as the pre-match views........Although that said they did play some bits of decent football at times.

Funny how the same criticisms of Clough that some of us and some of Derby made are being brought up by Burton. Crap tactics, bizarre substitutions and cronyism. Still, I'm sure that weird Trevor fellow will be telling us we're all wrong.

To be fair they only played decent football because we didn’t press so much. Maybe it was a tactical thing knowing they’re aren’t that creative?
    Burton looked like us under Clough. Square passing in midfield but offering no threat, yes they had a couple of half chances but for a team supposedly fighting for their lives they played like they were mid table.

Glad they beat us to Macfadzean, he looked awful and he’s got a tuning circle like an oil tanker.

Those comments could have been taken from our forum a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyEdge View Post
    To be fair they only played decent football because we didn’t press so much. Maybe it was a tactical thing knowing they’re aren’t that creative?
    Burton looked like us under Clough. Square passing in midfield but offering no threat, yes they had a couple of half chances but for a team supposedly fighting for their lives they played like they were mid table.

Glad they beat us to Macfadzean, he looked awful and he’s got a tuning circle like an oil tanker.
    That's true, but we have this habit of dropping off teams, then seem surprised when we get punished.......We look way more effective when we press and hurry the opposition, I expect it is more energy sapping, but it does seem to work.

Clough, the copy and paste manager of the lower leagues.

On the road to nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    The comment about Duffy tells you all you need to know about NC lost a player over his insistence he didn't want him travelling from Liverpool. Thanks NC you did us a big favour.

Not sure where they get one striker up front from Sordell and Dyer first half were pushing forward to support Bent and at times they had three up top which caused us problems.
    Wasn't aware of that LST but it's even more curious becaase, I know for a fact, that Clough himself, when he was at Liverpool, had a hotel room paid for in Knutsford but used to travel back to Duffield, Derbys and asked the hotel manager to say he stayed at the hotel.

Sums him up for me- do as I say not as I do (did)

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post
    That's true, but we have this habit of dropping off teams, then seem surprised when we get punished.......We look way more effective when we press and hurry the opposition, I expect it is more energy sapping, but it does seem to work.
    As we did in the 2nd half and reaped the rewards

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    As we did in the 2nd half and reaped the rewards
    Indeed so....Plus it's better to watch too, we can get teams in a mess when we do stick to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast