+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great 3 points. But it's half time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Brooks goal was a joy to behold,Bills deft lay off into the Little Maestros path,who then slides an inch perfect pass to the Boy Wonder,who cool as a cucumber strokes the ball past the keeper into the far corner,a thing of beauty,young Davids goal at the Dirtbags was very similar

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...utd-2-0-burton
    Did tha used to copy others at School as well Blockmod? U/18's lost 2-0 yesdi,they were very poor.I see Jordan Hallam's gone on loan to Viking Stavenger until July,good luck to the lad.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Agreed TT, regarding Root as well. I wonder if there’s any hope that the powers that be will see the benefit of keeping the lad at least another season or two and build a successful squad around him? He has stated that he’d be happy to stay here and gain experience.
    I don't think they would even consider getting rid of Joe, Gray.

He's a nailed on selection for years to come.

He started in the toughest of environments he could face this winter, after winning 2 series in the summer. He kept the show on the road, even though they took a hammering, unlike previous tours when ther's been rifts, retirements and widespread acrimony after such defeats.

ATM he's one of maybe 3 world class performers in the team ( Jonny B and, sometimes, when available, Stokes) that are still developing, as opposed to Anderson and Cook, who are at the tail end of their careers.

He's stated he wants more influence over the team and wants them playing his way and I think they will take heed and build around him.( think of a quieter,calmer CW).

And lastly,there's no one else that looks remotely capable ATM or on the horizon.

Personally I was unhappy when he got the job so early but I reckon he's got the mental toughness to prosper and grow into the role

Just keep an eye on a young Forest lad called Cash,i hope he has a quiet game.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Just keep an eye on a young Forest lad called Cash,i hope he has a quiet game.
    I have made a note of his name,I hope he doesn't Hurt us,and makes us Cry,Cry,Cry

think it will be an open game their mid table so i would imagine they will have a go could be an end to end game and that might just suit us fancy us for another 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I have made a note of his name,I hope he doesn't Hurt us,and makes us Cry,Cry,Cry
    Indeed. I think it'll be a real ring of fire around him on Saturday. Let's hope Tufty doesn't have to hang his head afterwards, when the man comes around,and that the team walks the line for the full 90 minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12