+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Interesting.
    How would you describe Russian assets?
    Government, personal?
    However, I think you missed the fact, this was said.

- Britain "will freeze Russian state assets wherever we have the evidence that they may be used to threaten the life or property of UK nationals or residents".

Do you honestly think any Russian assets are going to be frozen on the above basis? Of course not - it's toothless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I would freeze Russian assets in the UK for a start.

I thought it was quite obvious why Farrage was brought into this, he is a quasi Russian bot - the quintessential useful idiot as far as Putin is concerned.
    Of course it is, the Guardian said so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivl299BO4H0

Gotta love those articles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDJlVoCHt5Y

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Do you honestly think any Russian assets are going to be frozen on the above basis? Of course not - it's toothless.
    Of course it's toothless.
    I could have told you that 2 days ago.
    How the hell can you hurt Russia? On DCM it was suggested we should stay in the EU to threaten them. What total bollox. The EU won't do anything, as they need Russian gas.

What May has done, is what I expected. Expel some diplomats, push for sanctions and complain.
    What disturbs me more, is that the leader of the opposition, cannot show a united front and suggest its an inside job, defending Putin.
    Shocking

I would support May in standing up to the Russians if this wan't being used a another convenient excuse to have a go at Corbyn. People forget (maybe even him) that Russia is no longer communist and the only actual party to have supporters sympathetic to them is UKIP. They admire Putin for being tough, on crime, immigration and Islamic influence.

Corbyn is right though, you absolutely wouldn't put it past MI6 to have staged this whole thing. I just happen to believe they didn't, and Putin's arrogance has not helped matters. I would happily see the World Cup boycotted anyway, a) because the decision to award it was bent, b) because they have a psychopath hooligan army, and c) because England are ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    All countries are protection rackets, basically. This one, Britain, is certainly no exception.
    Lots and lots wrong with this country at the moment, but we haven’t, as yet, started murdering opposition politicians, annexing bits of other countries, shooting down airliners, poisoning former spies, criminalising homo***uals, or fixing elections.

We do however enrich a small number of individuals by selling them state assets at a knockdown price,, but that’s the Tories for you.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 14-03-2018 at 05:19 PM.

... "People forget .............. that Russia is no longer communist and the only actual party to have supporters sympathetic to them is UKIP"
    What utter bo..ox. So which version of communism are you talking about? Forgotten Uncle Joseph or Fat boy Kruschev. The current version is the usual communist dictatorship where no-one dare upset the big bad bear. The only thing they respect is strength - economic and military. If you don't think Russia is stepping up its bullying game of controlling neighbouring countries you are deluded. And here we (Western Europe) are, as in the 1930's, having disarmed to a great extent believing we can negotiate with barstewards like Putin. No wonder he laugh's.
    By the way, you will know that our cuddly commie Corbyn has accepted the kind offer of the Communist Party of Britain not to put up any candidates against the Labour Party as it is in broad agreement with LP policies as could be applied to the UK. When will the naïve young or some politically blind older people in this country realise the LP is being taken over by barstewards who would prefer to have a Russian style ‘democracy’ where 99% all vote for the leader?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... "People forget .............. that Russia is no longer communist and the only actual party to have supporters sympathetic to them is UKIP"
    What utter bo..ox. So which version of communism are you talking about?
    Were you actually awake during the last 3 decades?

See if you can find Russia on this list

https://www.thoughtco.com/communist-...erview-1435178

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Well at least we now know who Cob Corbyn serves.
    Aye and McDonnell.

I watched Corbyn's reply to the PM's ultimatum to the Russians on BBC Parliament on Monday. With a possible breach of National security being threatened this weasel of a man in effect was only interested in scoring political points. He showed not one jot of real support and deserved the cries of shame and disgust from the floor. Bordered on each side by two fat gargoyles he again confirmed my thoughts his time is now limited. It was noticeable every other speaker both Tory and Labour in general supported the PM as in such circumstances it is imperative for all parties to be in general agreement in my opinion.

Today when telling Parliament what action has been taken - again a mumbled nothing from Corbyn. Later, several MP's were interviewed live by the BBC including Labour members which included Stephen Kinnock. I'm certainly not a Labour supporter but Kinnock was smartly dressed, very factual and fair - far removed from his slovenly Marxist master and his front bench mob of slobs.

As I stated in an earlier thread, I genuinely believe Corbyn has self destructed, all caused by his almost maniacal efforts to say and do anything to overthrow the government. Mrs T weak? she's got more strength when it comes to the crunch in her little finger than the pathetic excuse for a man leading Labour. A protester all his life and a deluded fool.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Well at least we now know who Cob Corbyn serves.
    We should nuke em and while we are at it finish off North Korea and the yanks as well. We should still go to the World Cup though.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Aye and McDonnell.

I watched Corbyn's reply to the PM's ultimatum to the Russians on BBC Parliament on Monday. With a possible breach of National security being threatened this weasel of a man in effect was only interested in scoring political points. He showed not one jot of real support and deserved the cries of shame and disgust from the floor. Bordered on each side by two fat gargoyles he again confirmed my thoughts his time is now limited. It was noticeable every other speaker both Tory and Labour in general supported the PM as in such circumstances it is imperative for all parties to be in general agreement in my opinion.

Today when telling Parliament what action has been taken - again a mumbled nothing from Corbyn. Later, several MP's were interviewed live by the BBC including Labour members which included Stephen Kinnock. I'm certainly not a Labour supporter but Kinnock was smartly dressed, very factual and fair - far removed from his slovenly Marxist master and his front bench mob of slobs.

As I stated in an earlier thread, I genuinely believe Corbyn has self destructed, all caused by his almost maniacal efforts to say and do anything to overthrow the government. Mrs T weak? she's got more strength when it comes to the crunch in her little finger than the pathetic excuse for a man leading Labour. A protester all his life and a deluded fool.
    Yeah your mate Theresa is so strong and principled that’s she’s today taken free school meals from 1 million children. None of whom live in Northern Ireland.

Like Putin, some people will do anything to cling on to power.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast